If you see your computer is getting slow, this can be because of the digital TV tuner device registration application. This problem easily can be detected if you open the windows task manager or run any security cleaner.
For those who are facing this problem for quite a long time and still not find out how to solve this problem, you came to the right place. In this page, we are going to tell you some ways to solve this problem. First, we are going to inform you what a Digital TV tuner device registration application is.
What is Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application?
Need to know that Digital TV tuner device application is a part of Windows Media Center. It is because of this application that your computer receives and display a digital signal. Also, it helps you to watch digital cable channels.
If you do not know that whether your computer has digital TV turner, then you only need to look at your device label if integrated digital tuner, digital receiver and also digital tuner is written on it, then your computer has TV tuner in it. By the way, why is it very important to turn off this Digital TV tuner device application?
Do you know reason why your computer starts getting slower? Remember that the Digital TV tuner device registration application is a non-system process resulting from software which is already installed in your system. It is going to store its data on the system registry whenever you run any installed software.
The Digital TV tuner device registration application can slow down your computer. Also, you are able to say that when you run Windows Media Center, the process also run. It is normal and happens in all computers, however if you use multiple processes, digital TV tuner device registration will be a serious threat. Now, let us move to the fixing part.
Removing the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application
Apparently, there are some ways to remove Digital TV tuner device registration app. Here are the ways:
Way 1: Turn off it
The first method that you can use is turning off windows features. To turn off it, simply you are able to do these steps:
- Firstly, open the control panel by pressing the windows key. Or you are able to click the start button then type control panel in it.
- In the control panel, you have to navigate to programs and features and click on it.
- After that, you have to click on turn on or off windows features.
- Now, you are able to scroll down to media features and click on + to expand it.
- Next, uncheck the box right next to the windows media player.
- Please apply the changes by clicking on ok.
- Lastly, you only need to restart your PC/computer. Then, check if the error still persists.
Way 2: Use Resource Monitor
If the above way does not work, then you are able to use this way to fix your issue. This way can be used to stop any process from running on your computer, especially digital TV tuner. Please follow these steps below to execute the way:
- Firstly, open the task manager by pressing ctrl + shift + Esc. Another way to open the task manager is to open the run dialogue box by pressing windows key and R and then type resmon and hit enter.
- After that, you have to click on the Performance tab and click on the open resource monitor located at the bottom.
- Now, you only need to look at the CPU, Memory and disk section.
- In this step, you have to navigate to ehprivjob.exe process and stop it.
- After you find it, simply right-click on it and select end process.
Way 3: Disable Scheduled Task
In fact, disabling this scheduled task can be fixed the error. Here are steps to do:
- At the first step, you have to click on the start button and navigate to task scheduler option.
- After that, click on task scheduler library option.
- Then, you are able to open the Microsoft folder.
- The next step that you have to do is to open the windows folder and disable the ehdrminit task.
- Please close all the open folders on your computer.
- Lastly, restart your computer to see the changes.
Way 4: Remove the DRM folder
DRM (Digital Right Management) is a term which refers to any scheme that controls access to copyrighted material using technological means. You are able to follow these steps below to remove the DRM folder to fix the error:
- Firstly, open file explorer or my computer on your PC.
- Then, you have to choose t program option and click on the data folder.
- After that, open the Microsoft folder and choose the windows option.
- The next step that you have to do is to choose the DRM folder and delete them.
- After the process is completed, just restart your computer.
Way 5: Uninstall the TV tuner Application
The last way is to uninstall the TV tuner from your computer. This will fix all the errors related to the digital TV tuner. To do that, follow these steps below:
- Firstly, open the control panel.
- In the control panel, you have to navigate to programs and features then click on it.
- On the upper portion, you have to click on uninstall.
- After that, follow the uninstallation wizard, and then close the program.
- Now, open the Run dialogue box and type regedit to open the registry editor.
- Please navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ in the registry editor window. Next, look for the folder containing your digital tuner then remove it.
- After wards, you are able to navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Run\eg ui and delete all the entries.
- After the process is completed, simply restart your computer and check if the error persists.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…