ADT is one of the best home security systems of 2022. ADT Home Security has been in this business for around 145 years. Currently, it has 6 million United States residential customers. ADT’s mainstay is installed equipment professionally and a monitored call center.
The company will be able to send a technician to make a custom-designed security system to meet your needs. Or you are able to choose equipment from the ADT site and have it professionally installed. ADT is a great choice for consumers who are seeking an experienced service provider that can handle everything and are willing to commit to a three-year contract.
ADT Security Review 2022
ADT is accredited by BBB (Better Business Bureau) and has an A+ rating. This high rating comes from the BBB’s opinion of how ADT Home Security System is likely to interact with its customers. It is based on information the BBB obtains about the business, including public complaints.
Here are some ADT Home Security System reviews:
- “ADT’s employee installed an alarm system in my house. He was polite, professional, and informative. I have had many works done in my house and he definitely stands out above the rest. I am satisfied with his work ethics, attitude and performance.” —Hardin from Aurora, CO
- “ADT’s installer was excellent. Even he went above the call of duty by training my children and other kids in the neighborhood on fire safety.” —Jennifer from Joliet, IL
- “I had installed the ADT alarm system in my home two years ago. The service from ADT’s technician has been good. Recently I asked for an additional sensor to be installed on my property and, once again, the service I received was great.” —Hogg
- “I was having trouble with my alarm. The young lady I spoke with over the phone sent a technician out the next day. The technician was able to fix my problem in a timely manner. Also, he checked other areas of my alarm while he was here.” —Mary P
- “ADT’s contracts will be a little long, depending on the circumstances. Actually, this is a good thing because it protects you from inflation or prices going up. It promises services on your system and allows you to possibly save on your homeowners insurance as long as the system is monitored.” —Blake
ADT Home Security System – Pros & Cons
- ADT offers a six-month money back guarantee and a 30-day trial period.
- It operates the largest national network of professional monitoring centers with more than 12 centers.
- It gives the customers access to a range of smart-home devices, with several packages offering mobile app remote control.
- Minimum 3-years contract required for professionally-installed systems.
- ADT does not install standalone devices professionally; pro-installation needs full system purchase.
- The price is relatively expensive.
ADT Equipment and Pricing
ADT provides its equipment customized to your needs during your initial in-home appointment with a company professional. Or you are able to build your system by choosing the available equipment online. Starting at a pay-in-full price of $599 or a $9.98-per-month financing plan, you are going to receive ADT’s base home security system which includes a digital touch screen control panel, 3 door or window sensors and one motion detector.
For note: Financing requires 0 percent APR with equal monthly payments based on term or equipment selected. For full terms and pricing, simply you are able to visit the website.
Also, you are able to add the following items to your home security system:
- Outdoor Pro HD camera ($4.83 per month)
This outdoor Pro HD camera has 1080p resolution with two-way audio, live stream and also recording capabilities.
- HD video doorbell camera ($3.33 per month)
Switch your current doorbell with this HD video doorbell camera for two-way talk, live stream, motion detection and recorded clips which are accessible from the ADT Control app.
- Indoor Pro HD camera ($2.50 per month)
Place this indoor Pro HD camera in a main room or hallway for a 1080p view of intruders or other visitors in your home.
- Door or window sensor ($0.83 per month)
Although these sensors come with a base system, you are able to get as many as you need to protect your doors and windows.
- Motion detector ($1.67 per month)
This system will be able to detect motion in large rooms or hallways where you have high traffic and can send custom alerts to your system and phone.
- Secondary wireless touch screen ($3.33 per month)
You are able to add an additional touch screen pad to your system as a second main control panel, or you are able to carry it around your home as needed.
- Smoke detector ($1.67 per month)
This device will be able to detect smoke and rapid temperature increases. It will alert you and your monitoring center immediately.
- Carbon monoxide detector ($1.67 per month)
This detector has a loud, built-in alarm and connects to your 24/7 monitoring center which will alert you when it detects carbon monoxide in your home.
- Combo smoke and carbon monoxide detector ($3 per month)
This will be able to detect smoke and gas leaks in your house and send notifications to the ADT monitoring center.
- Flood detector ($1.67 per month)
If you have a pipe leak or water is seeping into your house from a storm, this sensor will alert you to assist minimize any potential water damage.
- Outdoor Pro HD camera ($4.83 per month)
Also, you are able to purchase smart-home automation devices with your system, such as the Google Nest Hub Max for $3.82 per month or the Google Nest Mini for $0.82 per month.
For note: These prices are accurate since December 15, 2021, and they do not include any discount offers. The prices are based on ADT’s 60-month flexible financing choice. Remember that the pricing for these choices may vary depending on your credit score and which payment plan you select. In addition, there may be customizable color choices depending on availability, therefore we highly recommend speaking with a representative to see what’s available for your home.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…