You may come to this page to get information whether you can use Animal Crossing Amiibo cards on multiple Switches. If you want to get that information, you will need to read this article till the end.
Can you use Amiibo cards on Multiple Switches?
Apparently, you are very curious about whether you can use Animal Crossing Amiibo cards on multiple Switches. The answer is yes, you can use Animal Crossing Amiibo cards on multiple Switches. Recently, there are lots of Nintendo players who ask this question. Eventually, you have known that you are able to use an Amiibo card on multiple Switches. Next, you should also learn how to use Animal Crossing Amiibo cards on multiple consoles. Aside from that, in this page, we are going to explain the way to change an Amiibo user for a read/write game, and the way to reset an Amiibo. Therefore, you have to keep reading the next paragraph.
How to use Amiibo cards on Multiple Switches?
After you know that you are able to use an Amiibo card on multiple Switches, now you will need to know how to use an Amiibo card on multiple Switches. You do not worry as it is really easy to use Amiibo cards on multiple Switches.
To use Amiibo card on multiple Switches, please follow these steps below:
- Firstly, you only need to make sure that the game you are playing is a read-only game and you have enabled Amiibo support for it.
- Once the time comes, you have to tap the Amiibo to the Joy-Con.
- After that, you are going to get all the in-game rewards which come with it, even if someone else has utilized the same Amiibo card for the same game on a different console and also accepted the exclusive reward.
- The game is reading. If your game has already got an Amiibo gift, then the save data stored on your Switch is going to have this information. The Amiibo card will not. It is a blank slate for each new game and console.
For note: If you are attempting to share an Amiibo card with a read/write game, of course the situation will be different. However, it will still be possible to do.
Changing an Amiibo user for read/write game
When your friend has used an Amiibo in a read/write game (For example: Splatoon 2), and make sure that they do not need to save the data which is already written on it, then you will be able to use it by yourself. You do not worry as the original user will not lose anything given to them in the game. For example, when you register a compatible Amiibo in the game of Splatoon 2, it is going to unlock an equipment item. If you are not trying to save any data to the Amiibo, you will be able to hand it to your friend so they will be able to do the same thing in their game.
Keep in mind that the data stored on the Amiibo need to be removed before it can be used with another game or different user. You will be able to do this by yourself or let the new user do that.
Resetting an Animal Crossing Amiibo?
Additionally, you should also learn about the way to reset an Animal Crossing Amiibo. Apparently, there are some easy steps that you can do to reset an Animal Crossing Amiibo.
Here are some easy steps to reset an Animal Crossing Amiibo:
- The first thing that you have to do is choose System Settings from the Home screen.
- After that, you have to select Amiibo from the side menu.
- The next step is to choose Reset amiibo.
- Now, you are able to hold the Amiibo to the NFC reader. On the Switch, it is attached to the right Joy-Con joystick.
- Afterwards, you need to tap OK when you are ready to reset the Amiibo.
- Next, you have to tap Reset to confirm that you want to reset the Amiibo.
- The last step that you have to do is to hold the Amiibo to the NFC reader again.
Some FAQs related to Amiibo Card
In the text below, we are going to share some frequently asked questions related to Animal Crossing Amiibo Cards.
- What do I need to play with an Amiibo card?
To play with an Amiibo card, of course you are going to need an Amiibo card, a compatible game, and a Wii U/Nintendo Switch/ New Nintendo 3DS XL system. For use with Nintendo 3DS/Nintendo 3DS XL/ Nintendo 2DS systems, a Nintendo 3DS NFC Reader/Writer accessory will be required. Usually, it is sold separately.
- What do Animal Crossing Amiibo cards do?
The features depend on the Amiibo card and the compatible game. Usually, several games are able to save game data to an Amiibo card. Other games are going to provide you with bonus content only for tapping an Amiibo to your game system’s NFC reader.
- How many games can I save to a single Animal Crossing Amiibo card at the same time?
An Animal Crossing Amiibo card is able to save data for one game at a time. It means that game data needs to be removed on an Amiibo card before it can be used with another game with read/write compatibility.
- Do all Animal Crossing Amiibo cards work with all compatible games?
You need to know that compatibility and functionality of Amiibo cards may vary by game. For further information, you have to search for information about which Amiibo cards are compatible by game with the compatibility chart.
- Where can I discover which games an Animal Crossing Amiibo card is compatible with?
Compatibility information is listed in some games, including this handy compatibility chart. Also, you will be able to check out the lineup. Then, you will be able to click on an Amiibo card for a description which includes a full list of compatible titles.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…