In Animal Crossing, house is a central building of a player. In the start of the game in Wild World and before, you have to buy your new home from Tom Nook through a mortgage plan. In New Leaf and New Horizons, it is different because you have to start with a tent.
Talking about a house in Animal Crossing, can we move it? Here, we will give you the explanation about it.
Moving House in Animal Crossing
When you build a house in Animal Crossing, of course you have thought about the best location. But, after you build it, your mind changes and you want to move it to another location. Is it possible to move your house in Animal Crossing?
You can move your house. After Residents Services changed from a tent to a building, you have the option to move buildings and one of them is a house. How to do that? Moving your house is very simple. The thing that you have to do is just to talk to Tom Nook and then you need to choose Let’s Talk Infrastructure. You can ask for layout changes. It is important to note that you are able to move all buildings like houses, stores, museums and many more, but you cannot move Resident Services.
If you want to move structures like Nook’s Cranny, villager houses, the museum or a campsite, it costs 50,000 Bells. If you want to move your house, you have to talk to Tom Nook and choose About My Home. Then, you have an option to relocate. The price to move your house is 30,000 Bells. When you want to move a building, you will be given a kit by Tom Nook to choose the new location. It is the same way as the first time you put the structures. If you have chosen the new location, the building that you move will appear the next day on the new location.
Below, we give you a guide about how to move your house step by step in Animal Crossing.
- The first step that you have to do is to pay off your moving fees. When you move to the island, you will be given a bill by Tom Nook for the costs of moving to your new island. The price is 5,000 Miles. After you do that, there will be a whole new load of options including the expansion of Animal Crossing New Horizons Nook Miles Rewards to include Nook Miles+.
- The next thing that you have to do is to build the house. After you have paid off the fees, you can talk to Tom Nook about taking out a mortgage and upgrading to a house. If you do that, you will have a house the next day. The mortgage repayments will begin if the construction is finished.
- In this step, you have to wait for the Resident Services upgrade. To upgrade the Resident Services building, you have to work your way. It will occur automatically. However, you need to do some game milestones as you can see below.
- Upgrading the Animal Crossing New Horizons Shop;
- Inviting more villagers to your island;
- Creating your first bridge;
- Preparing plots for your arrival;
- Waiting until the next day.
- Now, you have to chat to Tom Nook at Resident Services about your move. If Tom Nook and Isabelle are set up in the new and improved Resident Services, you have to speak to Tom Nook at his desk. Here, you have to talk to him about the infrastructure of your island and layout. To move your house, you also have to choose this conversation option: About My Home … > I want to relocate. To move your house, you have to pay for 30,000 Bells. You have to pay upfront before the house move process will be continued. Here, you are also able to move the house of other villagers or services. If you want to move one of these buildings, it will cost 50,000 Bells. Same as moving your house, if you want to move the other buildings, you also need to pay upfront.
To see how to move a house in Animal Crossing, you are able to watch some videos about moving houses on Youtube. Here are some titles of videos that you can watch on Youtube.
- A video of Release-Fire entitled Animal Crossing New Horizons How to Move Your House which was uploaded on March 31st, 2020. The duration of the video is 2 minutes and 24 seconds and it has been watched more than 18k times.
- A video of Gamers Heroes entitled How to Move Your House in Animal Crossing New Horizons which was uploaded on March 21st, 2020. The duration of the video is 1 minute and 57 seconds.
- A video of ConCon entitled How to Move Your House or Other Buildings Animal Crossing New Horizons which was uploaded on April 3rd, 2020. The duration of the video is 3 minutes and 49 seconds and it has been watched more than 13k times.
House in Animal Crossing New Horizon
The house in Animal Crossing New Horizon begins with the main room. This room is expanded once from 6×6 to 8×8. You have to note that it does not include the upgrade from the tent which was 4×4. Then, it progresses to the other rooms.
When all rooms of the house have been constructed, you will be offered one final expansion to the storage of the house by Tom Nook. It can add the capacity from 1,600 units to 2,400 units.
You are able to furnish your house with different items. If you want, you can change the wallpaper and the carpet. You can also install a custom pattern on the floor or the wall. Your house is expected to be furnished by the Happy Room Academy. You will be pushed to collect sets, series and themes of furniture so that you are able to get a higher score.
It is important for you as a house owner that if you do not play your Animal Crossing series for some time, you will find that there are cockroaches in your house. They will hide under furniture and they will run over the floor if you move or replace the furniture where cockroaches are. If you want to kill the cockroaches, you can do that by stepping on them.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…