In the Animal Crossing New Horizons 2.0 update, there are a lot of new feature items that you are able to craft and enjoy. One of them is the Donation Box. You may wonder about the donation box design. Here, you can read everything that you need to know about the Donation Box.
What Is the Donation Box?
The Donation Box is Animal Crossing New Horizons 2.0 update is a new feature item. You are able to put it outside on your island. By having the donation box, it allows visitors to give you Bells. However, it is important for you to note that it only permits you to put in 1,000 Bells at a time. It can be a good way to say thank you to a host for allowing you to visit them. The owner of the island can get the Bells from it anytime.
Finding The Donation Box
You can find the donation box DIY recipe from the Nook Stop ATM in the resident center, under the Redeem Nook Miles section. It can be found after you download and install the 2.0 update. The price for the Donation box recipe is 800 Nook Miles and it will be sent to the player immediately.
If you have learnt the recipe, you will see that it needs four wood and four softwoods to make it. You are able to customize the donation box with three finishes and three adorning stickers together with a custom design.
How to Design or Customize the Donation Box
When I tried to find the information about the Donation Box design, I could not find it. Instead, according to the IGN website, the Donation Box that you craft is light brown by default. However, you are able to customize at a Workbench. If you want to customize it, it costs three Customization Kits. The Donation Box can also be customized at Reese & Cyrus shop where the price is 2,400 Bells if you have unlocked them at Harv’s Island Plaza.
If you want, you are able to change the Donation Box to brown or whiteand back to light brown again after you have changed it. Do you want to add a label to it? You can do that because there are four pre-set labels. Alternatively, you are able to use your own custom design.
The Function of the Donation Box
The presence of a donation box is not without meaning. You can put this item anywhere on your island. If you interact with the donation box, it will ask you whether you want to make a 1.000 Bell donation. However, if the donation box contains money, the player whose island it is can also get the Bells inside.
On the Polygon website, it is explained that the donation box is to be a solution for players who want to thank others for allowing them to visit and they worry their gift may not be seen by its intended receiver. On the Polygon website, it is also explained that after testing it, they found that a visiting player who came through a Dodo Code was able to donate 1,000 Bells at a time. And then, after doing so, the visiting player would say that they deposited some bells.
According to the Game 8, the donation box can also be used for online trading. It can be used as an alternative to the Barter System. It means that you can exchange an item for another item that may or may not be the same in value. A visitor can just pay you by entering bells into the donation box.
About Animal Crossing Version 2.0
Now, you are able to enjoy Animal Crossing New Horizons version 2.0 because it has been available. Do you want to enjoy this version? If so, the copy should update for you automatically. However, for some reason, you may find that it does not update automatically. If so, you need to manually update it by pressing the plus button on the Animal Crossing New Horizons home screen icon. After that, you are required to choose Software Update and then hit Via the Internet.
In the 2.0 update, there are a lot of new things that you are able to enjoy in the Animal Crossing New Horizons and some of the new things of the Animal Crossing New Horizons 2.0 update can be seen below.
- Now, Brewster is permitted to open a cafe in the museum.
- Now, Kapp’n is allowed to offer boat tours.
- Now, Gyroids are allowed to be unearthed.
- Harv’s Island is permitted to be upgraded with an open-air market.
- There is cooking in the game.
- In the plaza, you are able to start group-stretching sessions.
- The Resident Representative is permitted to build ordinances to further customize the island.
- Seasonal events are able to take place every year. The seasonal items from Nook Shopping in limited time will also be still available every year.
- The software supports Animal Crossing amiibo cards Series.
- All of the Animal Crossing series amiibo can be used by you to invite characters to Photopia.
- The maximum number of designs that you are permitted to upload to the Custom Designs Portal has been escalated to 200.
- When dreaming, you are permitted to search for a destination by island name.
- You are permitted to store recipe cards in your home storage.
- When the catalog is used by you at Photopia, you have the ability to choose different variations of an item. It is able to be done by using the X button if you have gotten different variations of the similar item.
- A new feature is available and it can be used by you to search for stored items when using “Sort”: Type” in Decorating Mode when you are in your home or other locations. Adjustments are also available which have been made to the order in which items are sorted.
- Additional items are available to purchase from various retailers like Nook’s Cranny and the Able Sisters.
- Additional redemption items are available and they are available as part of the Nook Mileage program.
- You can find additional limited-time seasonal items which are available from Nook Shopping.
- and many more.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…