Once you signed up for Fortnite eagerly, you may not care about your display name. After playing a few games of Fortnite, you may want to change your Display in Fortnite for a better display name. Now, you are looking for the way to verify your Fortnite account to change your display name. Do not worry, it is very easy and can be done in less than a minute.
How To Verify Your Fortnite Account To Change Your Display Name
To verify your Fortnite account to change your display name, you have to verify your email. Also, you should enable Two-Factor Authentication (2FA).
Your email address must be verified before you change your display name. See the text below to learn how to verify it.
To verify your email address, simply do the steps below:
- At the first step, you have to log into your account page.
- In the yellow notification at the top of the screen, just click ‘click here to resend’
- In your email’s inbox, you need to locate the verification email and open it.
- If you do not see the email, you are able to check your spam filter.
- Please Click VERIFY YOUR EMAIL. Your email address is verified now.
- If you want to return to your Account page, you have to click CONTINUE.
Enable Two-Factor Authentication
Before you change your name, we also suggest you enable Two-Factor authentication (2FA) to verify your account Fortnite and increase your security. We highly recommend that you activate the Two factor authentication (2FA) because it is one of the best solutions you can implement to avoid violations.
- To proceed, you have to take action through the official Epic Games website.
- After that, simply log into your account.
- Then, you need to go to the section Account -> Password and security and select if you want to enable two-factor authentication through a supported authentication application (For example, Google Authenticator for Android and iOS), by clicking on the option Activate the Authenticator app, or whether to request two-factor authentication via SMS (Authentication by SMS) or email (Authentication by email). In terms of security, it is better to utilize the Authenticator app. SMS should be avoided.
In case you have already selected to use an authentication application, you will need to download it to your device to scan the QR Code which will be shown on the screen. In Android, if you do not have the Play store you are able to download Google Authenticator by APKMirror.
But, when you activate email authentication, you are going to receive at the email address linked to your account, an email message containing a 6 digit code. Next, write this code in the text field dedicated to the activation of authentication and press the Follow button to confirm that two-factor authentication (2FA) is enabled.
How To Change Your Fortnite Name
Change display name on PC
There are several steps that you need to do to change your Fortnite display name from PC. If you are on PC and really want to change your display name, please follow these steps below:
- At the first step, you are able to run Epic Games Launcher.
- Then, on the top right, you have to click your Fortnite name and choose Manage Account.
- Automatically, you will go to the Personal Details web page.
- In this step, you are able to enter your desired display name under DISPLAY NAME. For note: You will be able to change your display name once every two weeks.
- The last step is to scroll to the bottom of the page and click SAVE CHANGES.
Change your display name on Smartphone
If you want to change your Fortnite name from your Smartphone, you have to do these steps below:
- At the first step, you are able to open the browser on your Smartphone and then connect to the official Fortnite website.
- When this is done, you need to press the menu icon which is located at the top of the screen. Among the options which will open, you are able to touch the button to access, then answer with the key No.
- On the new screen which appears, you are able to scroll down and tap the button to access, and to open the form to insert a Username. After completed, you will be able to press the button to access. If all the data was correct, you are going to be redirected to the main page.
- Lastly, on the new open page, you have to move the Display name sound White box with your name and submit the new one. When you are done logging in, you have to scroll down and press the blue button Save Changes.
- Now, your new name in Fortnite has been changed. Remember, to change it again you need to wait at least two weeks of time.
Change your display name on Xbox One
For the users of consoles, their display names are not tied to their Epic Games account. They are dependent on their console service providers. It means that your Fortnite display name is tied to your Xbox Gamertag. It should be noted that changing your Xbox Gamertag changes it for all games, not only Fortnite. To do that, follow these steps:
On Xbox One
- Using your controller, please hold down the Xbox button.
- Then, navigate to Profile & System. Select your existing Gamertag.
- Select My Profile and then select Customize Profile.
- Under the Choose new Gamertag tab, simply type in the new Gamertag which you want to use.
- Choose Check Availability to see if the Gamertag is already taken. If it is, select another name, or edit it becomes unique. If it is not being used by anyone else, you are able to confirm your selection.
- Now, you can navigate out of the system’s screen.
- The last step is changing Gamertag using a browser to change your display name.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…