In the Animal Crossing New Horizons version 2.0, there is a Pro Decorating License feature. What is it? It permits you to unlock new design techniques for your house namely accent wall and the ability to use hanging items. To know more about the Pro Decorating License in Animal Crossing New Horizons, you can read it below.
About Pro Decorating License
In the Animal Crossing New Horizons 2.0 update, one of the new features is the Pro Decorating License. With this feature, you are able to give more customization at your home where you are permitted to create accent walls and use ceiling fixtures such as lights and hanging shelves.
Previously, you were able to decorate the exteriors of your house. And now, with this feature, you can decorate the interiors of your house as well.
If you like decorating your home in Animal Crossing New Horizons, this feature is good for you. It is also good for you who love Happy Home Paradise or Happy Home Designer on the Nintendo 3DS. It is because it will give you more creative freedom.
Getting the Pro Decorating License
If you want to get this Pro Decorating License, you must have 2,500 Nook Miles. If you have it, then you need to go to your Resident Services building and then go to the Nook Stop. There, you are able to buy the Pro Decorating License. After you buy it, then you can add some accent walls and ceiling fixtures.
However, if you unlock accent walls and hanging items through Happy Home Paradise, you do not need to buy the Pro Decorating License.
Adding An Accent Wall at Your Home
If you want to add an accent wall, it means that you need some wallpaper. The wallpaper can be bought from Nook’s Cranny or from Saharah. You can buy it when she visits your town or after you unlock her at Harv’s Island Shopping Plaza. It is important for you to note that you are only able to have one accent wall per room.
You can have the wallpaper in your pockets or in Storage. You have to go into Decorating Mode and you can do that by hitting Down on the D-Pad when you are in the room that you want to add an accent wall to. After that, you have to press the Plus button to switch to the wall view.
If you want to use wallpaper from your pockets, you have to hit X and then click on your wallpaper. After that, you have to hit Set Accent Wall. However, if it is in your Storage, you need to press Right on the D-Pad and then navigate to it. After that, hit X to set it.
Adding Ceiling Fixtures at Your Home
You are able to add ceiling fixtures at your home. First, you have to buy it from Nook’s Cranny. If you have the Happy Home Paradise DLC, you are able to buy it in the HHP Office. You need to have the ceiling fixtures in your pockets or in Storage. Then, you have to go into Decorating Mode and you can do that by pressing Down on the D-Pad. You must press it when you are in the room where you want to hang the ceiling fixtures. After that, you have to hit the Plus button twice. It is done to switch to the ceiling view.
Do you want to use a ceiling fixture from your pockets? If so, you have to press X and then click on your item. After that, you must choose “Hang from Ceiling”. However, if the ceiling fixture is in your Storage, you have to press Right on the D-Pad and then navigate to it. After that, you have to press X to use it.
About Animal Crossing Version 2.0
Animal Crossing New Horizons version 2.0 has been available. If you want to enjoy this version, the copy of it should update automatically for you. However, for some reason, it may not update automatically so that you have to manually update it by pressing the plus button on the Animal Crossing New Horizons home screen icon. After that, you have to choose Software Update and then hit Via the Internet.
With this update, there are a lot of new things that you are able to enjoy. Here are some of them.
- Now, Brewster is able to open a cafe in the museum.
- Now, Kapp’n is able to offer boat tours.
- Now, Gyroids is able to be unearthed.
- Harv’s Island is able to be upgraded with an open-air market.
- It has added cooking to the game.
- You can start group-stretching sessions in the plaza.
- The Resident Representative is able to build ordinances to further customize the island.
- Seasonal events can happen every year. The seasonal items from Nook Shopping in limited time will also continue to be available every year.
- Animal Crossing amiibo cards Series is supported by the software.
- You are able to use all of the Animal Crossing series amiibo to invite characters to Photopia.
- The maximum number of designs that you are able to upload to the Custom Designs Portal has been escalated to 200.
- When dreaming, you can search for a destination by island name.
- You can store recipe cards in your home storage.
- When you use the catalog at Photopia, you are able to choose different variations of an item. You can do that by using the X button if you have gotten different variations of the similar item.
- There is a new feature that you are able to use to search for stored items when using “Sort”: Type” in Decorating Mode when you are in your home or other locations. There are also adjustments which have been made to the order in which items are sorted.
- There are additional items which are available to buy from various retailers like Nook’s Cranny and the Able Sisters.
- There are additional redemption items which are available as part of the Nook Mileage program.
- There are additional limited-time seasonal items which are available from Nook Shopping.
- and many more.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…