There is a new update of the Minecraft Dungeons. This new feature enables you to cross play across multiple platforms. From now on, everyone is allowed to play the game with their friends and the other ones on various mediums.
Mojang, the developers of Minecraft, works so hard every single day. They have introduced new features for Minecraft. It seems like Dungeons has received a cool, new, and free update, which is such a good news for the fans.
The fans have demanded the cross play feature since forever. It is really a huge demand across the board for most popular multiplayer titles, including the thing called Minecraft Dungeons. Generally, the term cross play is known as a couple of things related to playing a game, such as Minecraft Dungeons, with your friends and the other players of the game across different platforms.
Cross play is combined with Cloud Saves as the addition to playing with your friends or the other players on various platforms. It is so good to make progress across different platforms. The good news is that the players of Minecraft Dungeon will also have a chance to enjoy cross party journeys with their friends and the other players across various platforms, including PC and Xbox One.
The update is able to be downloaded by the players for free. Once it has been downloaded, they can start playing Minecraft Dungeons with their friends or the other ones who have the game on different platforms. In the future update, you can expect Cloud Saves to be available. It is such a cool addition for those who want to play the game on the other platforms and want their progress to be carried over.
In order to enable the cross play in Minecraft Dungeons, it is really needed to make sure that the game is updated to version 188.8.131.52 or later before playing multiplayer. Here is the guide how you are able to update Minecraft Dungeons on different platforms:
- First of all, open the app named Microsoft Store.
- The three dots button that is located in the top right corner needs to be clicked. After clicking it, do not forget to also choose Download and Updates.
- If there is an update, you will be able to see it on the screen. If there is any, all that you have to do is to click the Update button.
- The first thing that you will have to do is to choose My Games & Apps from the dashboard.
- Then, navigate to the Minecraft Dungeons and press the Menu button that can be found on the controller.
- The next thing is to scroll down and choose Manage Games & Add-Ons, and then Updates.
- The available update will be displayed on the screen if there is any.
As mentioned earlier, as a player of Minecraft Dungeon, you will be able to enjoy cross party adventures with your friends and the other players across various platforms. PC and Xbox are not the only one. If you want to know how to update the Minecraft Dungeons on some other platforms other than PC and Xbox One, here is the information for you:
- First and foremost, open the Minecraft Dungeons Launcher.
- The green Play button will say Update if there is an update to the game.
- The last thing that should be done is to click that button and wait for the installation process to end.
- Firstly, choose My Games & Apps from the dashboard.
- After choosing it, navigate to Minecraft Dungeons and press the Menu button on the controller.
- In the next step, scroll down and choose Manage Game & Add-Ons and, then Updates.
- The update will be displayed on the screen if there is any available one.
- The first step is to navigate to the Minecraft Dungeons icon and press the + button that you can find on the controller.
- The second one is to choose Software Update, and then Via the Internet. If there is an available update, it will be shown on the screen.
Minecraft Dungeons is named as one of the best games that you can play with your friends is online and local co-op. Despite being one of the best games to play with friends, it has been criticized due to its lack of cross play support. It has always been like this since its launch. The incompetence to enjoy the game with the friends that play the same game on the other platforms was a bit shocking since Minecraft is not always against nature, especially since Minecraft Dungeons has been launched on Xbox, Windows, PS4, and Nintendo Switch. Fortunately, after months of teaser and waiting, Minecraft Dungeons has officially become available on all platforms.
As it is considered new, cross play can sometimes cause a little bit of a mess. The issue occurs when each individual platform has its own way of doing things, and integrates the cross play feature of Minecraft Dungeons in some different ways.
Usually, the online games limit players to play with just the ones on the same platform as you. It is impossible for the one who is playing Minecraft Dungeons on an Xbox One to play with their friends on a Nintendo Switch or the other ones. With cross play, everything is now possible. a central account is able to be used by a game to connect all platforms and to allow people to play with their friends and the other players, no matter the platform. For Minecraft, this kind of account is known as Minecraft Account.
Minecraft Dungeons just came with the version number 184.108.40.206 that is available for free for all platforms. You are allowed to play anywhere that this game is available as long as you have this new version installed and you are signed into a Microsoft Account.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…