Migratory Locust is one of bugs in the Animal Crossing Series. In the game, you may want to catch this bug. So, it is better for you to know everything about this bug including when this bug is available, how to catch it and many more.
About Migratory Locust
The migratory locust is a very agile bug. In the game, it jumps very far when it is flushed. If you want to catch this bug, it will be challenging. So, no wonder why the selling price of this bug is very high. In the Animal Forest, this bug is the most difficult to catch because they can traverse multiple acres. However, in the Animal Forest+ and beyond, it is restricted to the acre in which it appears as explained on Animal Crossing Wiki.
The location of this bug is in grass. The size of a migratory locust is 58 mm. The selling price of this bug in the Animal Crossing New Horizons is 600 Bells.
According to the Animal Crossing Wiki, in the Animal Crossing New Horizons (ACNH), migratory locust’s active months are August to November for North Hemisphere and from February to May for South Hemisphere. They are active from 8 am to 7 pm.
Catching Migratory Locust
How do you catch a migratory locust? If you want to catch a migratory locust, you are able to follow the steps below.
- The first thing that you have to do is to equip your net. You have to press the X button to access your pockets and then you need to choose your net. You are also able to choose your net from your Tool Ring.
- The next thing that you have to do after you equip your net is to approach the migratory locust. It is important for you to note that the migratory locust is able to fly away if you move too closely too quickly. You have to hold down the A button and then move the Right Stick to approach the migratory locust. Make sure that you do it carefully.
- After you are close enough with the migratory locust, then you have to release the A button to swing your net.
If you want to see how some other players catch migratory locust, you are able to watch it on Youtube and here are some of them.
- A video from King Ryrex entitled How to Catch a Migratory Locust | Migratory Locust ACNH | Animal Crossing Migratory Locust which was uploaded on July 27th, 2020. The length of the video is 1 minute 49 seconds and it has been watched more than 14k times.
- A video from DrKendoCommentaries entitled How to Catch Migratory Locust in Animal Crossing New Horizons which was uploaded on August 2nd, 2020. The length of the video is 1 minute and it has been watched more than 3k times.
- A video from SpookyFairy entitled How to Catch Migratory Locust in Animal Crossing New Horizons? which was uploaded on August 1st, 2020. The length of the video is 1 minute 25 seconds and it has been watched more than 4k times.
- A video from SuperParent entitled Animal Crossing: New Horizons – Catching a Migratory Locust which was uploaded on August 7th, 2020. The length of the video is 26 seconds and it has been watched more than 1.8k times.
Other Bugs in The Animal Crossing Series
There are the other bugs in the Animal Crossing and here are some of them.
- Agrias Butterfly
This bug is rare and it was introduced in the Animal Crossing Wild World. In Summer, you can find it between the hours of 8 am and 5 pm. In the Animal Crossing New Horizons, this bug can be found from April to September in the northern hemisphere and from October to March in the southern hemisphere. The price for this bug is 3,000 Bells, but if it is sold to Flick, the price is 4,500 Bells.
- Blue Weevil Beetle
This bug is a bug which firstly appeared in the Animal Crossing New Horizons. The location of this bug is on Palm Trees and the price for this bug is 800. This bug appears from July to August in the Northern Hemisphere and it appears from January to February in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Chestnut Tiger Butterfly
This is a bug which was introduced in Pocket Camp. In September 2020, this bug was added to the game. Same as other bugs, you are able to find Chestnut Tiger Butterfly in Sunburst Island. The price for this bug is 1,500 Bells. It appears from September to November.
This is a small bug with yellow and black color. You can find it buzzing around flowers and sometimes they settle on them. The price for this bug is 100 Bells, but in New Horizons the price is 200 Bells. The size is 13 mm. In the New Horizons, you are able to find this bug from March to July.
- Rainbow stag
This bug is a rare bug and you are able to find it between the months of June to September between the hours of 7 pm and 8 am. The size is 59 mm and the price is 10,000 Bells, but in the New Horizons, the price is 6,000 Bells.
- Rice Grasshopper
This bug appears in the Animal Crossing New Leaf. Same as other grasshoppers, it tends to jump into water to escape from the player. The price is 400 Bells and the size is 25 mm. It appears from August to November between 8 am to 7 pm.
- Walking Cicada
This is an uncommon bug. You can notice the existence of this bug from its churring call that slowly fades out after several phrases have been repeated as explained on the Animal Crossing Wiki site. The price for this bug is 400 Bells and its size is 44mm.
- Giant Water Bug
You are able to find it on the surface of water and you can catch it with a net during the spring, summer and fall. You can catch it from late evening until mid morning. The price is 2,000 Bells. It appears from April to September in the Northern Hemisphere and from October to March in the Southern Hemisphere.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…