iCloud Photo Library is such an excellent way to back up the images that you capture on your iPhone. However, the thing could be a little different if you do not have much space left in your iCloud storage or on your device. In this case, you might want to turn off the feature. The question is, how to turn it off without deleting everything?
Before turning off iCloud Photos Library, you are recommended to make a complete backup of your content. Another method that you can try to back up your photos without needing a PC is to download and set up the Google Photos app. This app will move the images from your phone to the Google Photo servers for free, with unlimited storage for images below in particular size.
Once you have backed up everything, it is time for you to turn off the iCloud Photos Library without having to worry about losing everything.
Turning off iCloud Photos Library on iPhone
In order to turn off the iCloud Photo Library on iPhone, the first thing that you will have to do is to go to your Settings app, and then click through Your Name > iCloud > Photos and then tap iCloud Photo Library make it switched off. By doing so, you will get a prompt along with the short explanation and two options, which is to remove from iPhone or to download photos and video. Please choose Download Photos & Video. to choose this option, you will have to be aware that everything within the iCloud Photo Library will be downloaded to the local iPhone storage. In other words, you should check if you have enough storage. If not, then the download will fail due to insufficient storage.
Turning off iCloud Photos Library on Mac
The process of turning off iCloud Photo Library without deleting everything on Mac is slightly different compared to iPhone. For those who have already stored everything on your Mac, please make sure that everything is synced.
- First of all, you will have to go to Photos on your Mac, choose Photos, click Preferences and then click on the tab named iCloud.
- Do not forget to make sure that the iCloud Photo Library and the Download Originals to this Mac are chosen, and then all your photos will be displayed on your Mac.
For those who previously had Optimize Mac Store selected, the alternative way is to make changes:
- The first thing that you should do is to uncheck Optimize Mac Store, choose Download Originals to this Mac, and wait for the process to complete.
- After everything is synched, please uncheck iCloud Photo Library in the preferences to finish.
Whether you want to turn off the iCloud Photo Library on your iPhone or your Mac, it is better for you to export the photos or make a backup first in order to protect your device against any potential data loss. It is really easy so there is nothing to worry about.
Turning off iCloud Photos Library on Apple TV
For the owners of Apple TV, you must go to Settings > Accounts > iCloud. Then, in the section called Photos, press Select in order to turn off the iCloud Photo Library.
That’s all the thing that you need to follow to turn off the iCloud Photos. For your information, Apple will hold the content on its servers for 30 days, so in case you change your mind, you are allowed to reverse the instructions mentioned above and you will be able to pick up from where you were.
As stated before, you will need to save your data before turning off the iCloud Photo Library. One of the most recommended tools to backup something is called an iMyFone D-Port. The reason is because it allows you to export all of your iPhone photos to computer as backup. On top of that, there are some other distinct benefits.
Key features of iMyFone D-Port:
- It is able to backup all data on your device or selectively backup some different kinds of data from iPhone for free.
- This one is compatible with iPhone models and iOS versions, such as iPhone X running iOS 11.4.
- The files are able to be edited from the export for the future use. For instance, you are able to print your text messages.
- Aside from photos, this one is able to export more than 18 variations of files from your iPhone, including voice memos, videos, notes, and so on.
Here is the guide to make iMyFone D-Port operate:
- Firstly, enter the software and connect to the iPhone with it. You will be able to see Back Up & Export from Device on the left side. Please press that one and then choose Export Data.
- When you are on the next screen, you are able to choose which kind of data that you want to export. It depends on your need whether it is photos or any other kinds of data.
- After the process of scanning is done, feel free to select which files that you want. All that you need to do is to click Export.
In the end, these photos will be stored on your computer safely and now you are able to turn off the iCloud Photo Library without deleting photos. It is also possible for you if you want to back up all your iPhone data with the program in case you need the data someday in the future.
Those are a few methods to deal with the iCloud Photo Library situation without losing any of your important data. Keep in mind to always export your photos or back up the data on your device with something like iMyFone D-Port in case there is any data loss.
If you have any questions about how to turn off the iCloud Photos Library, please address it to the representative of the creator or developer.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…
Leave a Reply