Just like Android, you can also disable WhatsApp calls without blocking someone on the iPhone. If you don’t really want to receive any WhatsApp calls, you can really disable WhatsApp notifications or use Do Not Disturb mode. It’s pretty easy to disable WhatsApp calls on iPhone by doing some methods.
If you also want to stop WhatsApp Calls on iPhone but you do not know how to do it, you do not have to worry, since we will show you the guide to disable WhatsApp calls on iPhone without blocking someone in our post. Okay, here you go!
Stopping WhatsApp Calls on iPhone, Here’s How!
There are a number of methods you can take to stop WhatsApp Calls on iPhone. Here are they:
Method 1: Blocking calls from a contact
The first method you can take is to block calls from a contact. It’s important to note, this way will block incoming messages from the selected contact, since there is no way to stop WhatsApp calls without disabling messages. To do so, you will have to do the following steps:
- First, you can open WhatsApp on your iPhone or iPad.
- Then, you can tap ‘Chats’.
- After that, you can tap the person you want to block.
- You can then tap the person’s name.
- Afterwards, you can scroll down and tap ‘Block Contact’.
- Last, you can tap ‘Block’ to block all incoming calls and messages from this contact.
That’s how to stop WhatsApp calls on iPhone without blocking someone.
Method 2: Disabling WhatsApp notifications
Another way you can take is by disabling WhatsApp notifications. To disable WhatsApp notification, you can do the following steps:
- First, you can open your iPhone or iPad’s Settings.
- You can then tap ‘Notifications’
- After that, you can scroll down and then tap ‘WhatsApp’.
- You can then slide ‘Allow Notifications’ switch to off. As long as the switch is off, you will not be bothered by incoming messages and calls from WhatsApp.
That’s how to disable WhatsApp notifications to stop WhatsApp calls on iPhone without blocking someone.
Method 3: Using Do Not Disturb Mode
The last method you can take is to use ‘Do Not Disturb’ mode. To use ‘Don’t Disturb’ mode, you can open your iPhone or iPad’s Settings. After that, you can tap ‘Do Not Disturb’ and slide the switch to ‘On’. By doing this, it will silence all calls and alerts while your phone is locked.
Okay, those are some methods you can take to stop calls on WhatsApp on iPhone without blocking someone.
Can You Block Calls but Not Texts on WhatsApp?
Yes, of course! You can really block calls but not texts on WhatsApp on iPhone by blocking a particular WhatsApp number. If you block a certain number, it will not prevent the sender from receiving text messages.
If you want to block a number, you can do it from the settings section. There, you can choose which numbers you want to block, including phone numbers. After you have made sure that the number is blocked, you can then block it. Once doing this, you can block calls but not texts on WhatsApp.
Can You Block WhatsApp Messages on iPhone?
For some reasons, you may want to block WhatsApp messages on your iPhone. Unfortunately, looking for the way to block WhatsApp messages is very complicated and many users are reported to get frustrated on looking for the way to block WhatsApp messages on iPhone.
However, it’s pretty straightforward to stop people who disturb you and also prevent yourself from having to endure their harassment or rudeness. You can really block messages on WhatsApp easily.
Here’s how to block WhatsApp Messages on iPhone!
- First, you have to block the contact.
- After being blocked, you can then unblock that person’s number.
- By doing this, it will prevent them from sending you messages and calling you.
- You cannot receive status updates from blocked contacts.
- If you have to report a certain contact, you can do so by long-pressing the contact’s name.
- If you have selected that contact, you can report individual messages.
- To block a WhatsApp contact, you may have to go to the contact’s profile.
- To do so, you can open the contact’s chat in WhatsApp.
- You can then tap the three-dot menu that you can find at the top of the screen. Then, you can tap ‘Block’.
- You have to confirm your action and go to your phone’s Settings à Account à Privacy à Blocked Contacts.
- Afterwards, you can unblock the contact.
Okay, that’s how to block WhatsApp messages on iPhone.
How Do You Ignore a Call Without Blocking?
Instead, you can easily ignore WhatsApp calls if you’re not comfortable with receiving prank calls on your iPhone. You can really ignore WhatsApp calls by enabling the Silence Unknown Callers feature.
You can do the following steps to ignore a call without blocking:
- First, you can go to the ‘Settings’ app and choose ‘Phone’.
- Here, you need to scroll down to the bottom of the page to figure the ‘Silence Unknown Callers’ setting.
- After that, you can disable the sound of incoming calls by adjusting the ringtone to silent or to mute.
- Here, you can enable the ‘Do Not Disturb’ feature to turn off notifications. By doing this, it will turn off the notification alerts, vibrations and lighting up the screen.
- If you want to enable this option, you can go to the Setting à Phone à Privacy.
- Make sure to scroll down to ‘Who can call me?’ and then choose the person who must not be receiving the call. If not, all the calls will be silenced.
With the use of this method, you will not receive any notifications for calls on WhatsApp. You can then modify the busy tone by adding a contact to your Favourite list, depending on the type of ringtone you want to hear.
Unlike blocking a single contact on an iPhone, you will be able to add an exception to the DND mode if you want. With the use of the method, you can still get calls from the contacts you select. As an alternative, you can disable calls from repeat callers or blocked users by setting their phone to airplane mode.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…