You may have downloaded a game on PS4, but then you want to get a refund because of some reasons. It is important for you to know that you can get a refund if you have not downloaded the game. However, if you have downloaded the game, you cannot get a refund unless there is something wrong with the game that you have downloaded.
The Steps to Request a Refund on PS4
According to the Android Central website, if you have bought a game and you find that you do not want it, you have up to 14 days to request a refund. Below, you are able to see the steps to refund a PS4 game and PS5 according to the Android Central website.
- The first thing that you have to do is to access this link here.
- After that, on that website, you have to choose Request Refund.
- Then, there will be the PlayStation support bot and it will ask you whether you are the owner of the account for PlayStation Network that was charged or not. If you were the owner of the account that was charged, then you have to click on the Yes button in the chat window that opens up.
- After that, the bot will ask you why you want a refund and you can choose “Return a game or add-on”.
- Then, it will ask again where you can give them a little more info. If so, you can choose the answer from the option whether “I’ve changed my mind”, “It’s not working properly”, or “It’s something else”.
- Then, you will be asked again whether you have streamed or downloaded the content. If you have, you can choose Yes, and when I tried it, it said that I was not eligible for a refund. But, if you have not streamed or downloaded the content or if the content is faulty, you may get a refund.
- If there is a support agent, you will be redirected to a live agent. However, if you are requesting a refund outside of operating hours, you have to take note of the SupportID that you are provided and contact them again during business hours.
It is important for you to know that you need to make sure to prepare your information and those include your PSN ID, the email address related with the account, date of birth and the name of the game you want to refund.
Let’s say that you are not able to get refunded directly to the payment method that you used to buy the game. If so, you will be given PSN store credit in your wallet.
Cancellation Policy in PlayStation Store
According to the PlayStation website, your right to cancel and get a refund depends on the type of product you have bought from the PlayStation Store. For games, season passes, game add-ons, in-game consumables and PlayStation Video titles, the policy is explained below.
A digital content purchase can be cancelled within 14 days from the date of purchase and get a refund as long as you have to begin downloading or streaming it. Let’s say that the digital content that you want to get a refund for has started downloading or streaming. If so, you are not eligible for a refund unless the content is faulty. In-game consumables that have been delivered are also not eligible for a refund.
Your purchase of a season pass can be cancelled within 14 days from the date of purchase and get a refund as long as you have not started downloading or streaming any digital content included in the season pass.
Let’s say that you buy in-game consumables on the PlayStation Store. If so, they will be sent when you next launch the game until then you will have up to 14 days from the date of transaction to cancel. Let’s say that you buy in-game consumables during gameplay. If so, they will be sent immediately so that you will not be able to cancel the purchase.
What are in-game consumables? These are items such as virtual currencies, boosts and the other items which are spent during playing games.
How about pre-order items? On the PlayStation website, it is explained that a pre-order of digital content may be able to be cancelled at any time before the release date and get a refund. Let’s say that the release date has passed. If so, you are still able to change your mind and request a refund up to 14 days after payment was taken for the pre-order as long as you have not begun to download or stream the content to your device.
However, if you have begun to download the main part of the order, a refund cannot be requested. It is important for you to know that downloads will happen automatically if Automatic Downloads are enabled in your system settings. If you want to turn off Automatic Downloads, you can go to the Settings and then choose System. After that, you have to go to Automatic Downloads and then untick the checkbox beside Application Update Files.
Let’s say that you have not begun to download the main product and your order included extra content which can be accessed immediately. If so, this extra content will stop working if you cancel your pre-order. You will be able to get a refund to the original payment method when it is possible.
If PlayStation cannot do this for certain payment methods, the refund will be delivered to your PSN wallet.
Now, how about promotional bundles? A promotional bundle that you have bought, such as 3 games for the price of 2, can be cancelled by you within 14 days from the date of transaction and get a refund. It can be done as long as you have to start downloading or streaming any part of the bundle.
It is also important for you to note that you are not able to cancel a PSN wallet top-up. Funds that you add to the wallet are non-refundable. Also, you are not able to cancel or get a refund for your purchase of a change of online ID.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…