Are the potions that you have taking too much inventory space? If the answer to the question is yes, it might be the best time for you to combine them. Then, how to mix or combine the potions together in the game?
There is a thing called Combined Potions. This one is a really good mod that has been designed to make potions in the game feel more convenient and impactful. The vanilla potions are currently not really impactful as they could potentially be because the players have to drink some different potions before accessing any real buffs. Due to this fact, players have storage issues since they usually have to carry around a lot of potions to every place they go. Fortunately, this Combined Potions comes to the rescue to make the certain aspect of the game feel smoother.
As you can guess from its name, the Combined Potions allow you to combine or mix a few different kinds of potions into a single potion. Basically, you will be allowed to craft a single potion that actually has the effects of various different potions. Doing so will be able to save a lot of space in your inventory. In addition, you will also be able to access all the effects easily because all that should be done is to drink one single potion to get all the important buffs.
What makes the Combine Potions mod great is the fact that it is totally compatible with the potions and arrows added by the Potion Core and it is really important for everyone. As for the technical aspects of the mod, you have nothing to worry because this one has been crafted perfectly and there are no noticeable bugs or glitches that might bother your experience in any way. In general, Combined Potions is really excellent with the ability to make sure that you have a great experience playing in the game by rearranging the potions in a creative and effective way.
The update logs of Combine Potions for Minecraft 1.12.2:
- Added support for PotionCare options.
- Added maxPotionEffects config option.
- Included Russian translation by raspopov.
- Included Chinese translation by Snownee.
- Included Spanish translation by Dorzar.
Then, how do you install the Combined Potions mod? Here are the steps that you need to follow if you want to install this mod:
- The first thing that should be done is to download Forget Installer.
- Once it has been downloaded, open and install it.
- Then, open the Minecraft launcher and choose Forge in the profile list.
- Once it is opened, click the Edit Profile and then Open Game Dir to open the game folder.
- After that, make a new folder named mods.
- The last thing that you will need to do is to download the mod and put it into the mods folder.
The links to download Combined Potions mod that you can clcik:
- For Minecraft 1.12.2 / 1.12.1 / 1.12: https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/combined-potions
- For Minecraft 1.11.2: https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/combined-potions
- For Minecraft 1.10.2: https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/combined-potions
For more information about how to combine or mix Minecraft Potions with a mod called Combined Potions, you might want to watch a video by EthDo. Here is the link that will take you to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmoVICxe5nc. It is such a great video that explains everything to combine these potions. The video was shared on November 9, 2019. Since the first time its release, it has gained 2,519 views and 40 likes. If you have any questions to ask, feel free to leave a comment on the comment section under the video and wish for someone to reply your comment.
A user on Minecraft Forum called Zombie Killer stated that there are two methods that the potions could be combined. The first one is by brewing stand and the second one is by anvil.
- Brewing stand:
The brewing stand method requires you to update to the brewing stand, which will allow you to place ingredients or materials instead of one. If you want to use this method, all that you have to do is to place the two potions that you want to combine in the top two slots, and in the end, they will come out as the combined potion if one of the three bottoms slots.
The way this method would work is similar to something like combining enchantments, and so on. Basically, you will have to place the two potions that you want to combine in the anvil and they are combined for a specific amount of experience points.
Combining potions is a really great idea. People are allowed to have more than one potion effect from drinking one potion and it will also give you a greater accessibility to PVP. For instance, combining Strength II and Swiftness II into a potion will allow you to prepare for PVP battles faster and more efficiently without having to put much effort. It sounds good, right?
Talking about combining or mixing potions in Minecraft, there is also a mod known as Potion Core. This one has a dozen of potion effects that are planned to use in some other mods. These potion effects offered by this mod include:
- Magic Inhibition
- Magic Focus
- Solid Core
- Magic Shielding
- Diamond Skin
- Iron Skin
- Broken Armor
- Spawn Teleport
- Surface Teleport
- Random Teleport
- Step UP
- Potion Sickness
In addition, Potion Core also changes the way some vanilla potions work:
- Blindness: It can make the fog come closer per level and make it more blind. Besides, it also affects mobs so you will not be attacked unless you are close to them.
- Jump Boost: The high is able to be controlled by holding down the space bar, so you are able to jump up one block instead of shooting into the air.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…