Are you looking for a way to make a water elevator in Minecraft with Soul Sand? If so, you have to read this entire article. Here we are going to share the way to make a water elevator in Minecraft with Soul Sand to reach great heights in no time. Please read this text to find that information.
Transportation is crucial when it comes to Minecraft. Apparently, there are two types of transportation when you think about it. The first one is horizontal with Minecraft systems. The second one is vertical transportation with the elevators. There are many different methods to make elevators out of Redstone, however there is only one true method to make it out of water. This article is going to inform you how to do that.
Required items to Make a Water Elevator in Minecraft
To make a water elevator with Soul Sand in Minecraft, you are going to need a few items which are:
- Water Bucket
- Soul Sand (for going up)
- Magma Block (for going down)
- Soul Sand block: Found in the Nether region, it is needed to assist you move upwards in the elevator.
- Magma block: Found in the Nether region, it is needed to assist you move downwards in the elevator.
How to Make a Water Elevator in Minecraft?
To make a water elevator, you have to place two columns of the blocks, such that an enclosed space is formed between them. After making sure that it is enclosed, you are able to place several doors to keep the water from flowing out. Please fill the column up with water. Then, you are able to turn all the flowing water into source blocks. Eventually, you are able to replace the block below your kelp with soul sand to make upward bubbles and a magma block to make downward bubbles.
Here is the step-by-step to make a water elevator in Minecraft more detail:
- Step 1: Before you make your water elevator, the first thing that you have to do is collect your glass. It does not matter how much glass you have, but the recommended amount is to find out how high your water elevator needs to go. You are able to multiply this height number by four. For example, if you want your water elevator to go up to seven blocks, then you have to get 28 blocks of glass. If you need any help how to get glasses, you are able to read another article on our site.
- Step 2: Now, you have your glass, you need to get a water bucket. For this case, simply you are able to make a bucket and collect water with it. If you want to know how to make a bucket, read another article on our site.
- Step 3: When you are in the water, you have to go to dive into it. This is where you are going to find kelp if the body of water is an ocean.
- Step 4: Please go to the nether. This is where you are going to find the soul sand and magma block you need. Remember that these two blocks are going to spawn anywhere in the nether, so go explore and find them.
- Step 5: After you have gathered all of the materials, the first thing that you have to do when you make a water elevator in Minecraft is to construct your glass enclosure. This will need to have a hollow block in the middle of the four columns which you need to make. This will be able to be as high as you want. It is based on how much distance you need to travel with the elevator. Ensure that you leave a two-block tall hole in one of the sides of the column. This is going to be place where you enter your water elevator.
- Step 6: Now, go into your water elevator. When your back is to the elevator, you have to place your door in the open space. This is going to stop the flow of water from leaking outside of the water elevator.
- Step 7: The next step that you have to do is to fill the elevator with water from your water bucket from the top block. The issue with this way is that each water block needs to be a source block. The method to solve this is with the kelp.
- Step 8: You need to fill your water with kelp. By placing the kelp, it is going to cause each flowing water block to become a source block.
- Step 9: The last step is to replace the block at the bottom of the elevator with soul sand or magma block. If you replace the block at the bottom with soul sand, it will cause the elevator to push you upwards. But, if you replace the block at the bottom with a magma block, it will cause the elevator to pull you downwards.
FAQs about elevators in Minecraft
Here are some FAQs about elevators in Minecraft:
- What are the different types of elevators in Minecraft?
There are two types of elevators in Minecraft; Redstone elevators and water elevators.
- What is the maximum distance the players may travel through an elevator?
Need to know that your elevator may go as long as you want it to. Because the soul sand and the magma block being at the bottom, you will not drown in it. Do not hesitate to make it as tall as you want.
Water elevators in Minecraft are good when you need to move upwards and downwards in your base. Also, you are able to use water elevators to go down into your mineshaft or to go up to your secret base in the sky. Creating a water elevator is a great method to travel in your Minecraft world and it does not take as much materials and knowledge like it does to make a Redstone elevator.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…