To mute someone on Instagram is such a common way that people do when they don’t see their posts and also stories. So as when you are muted by someone on Instagram, your posts and your stories will not show up on their feeds. Then, are you curious iif there’s someone muted you on Instagram? Then, how to know if they muted you?
The Signs When Someone Muted You on Instagram
In this post, we will help you to find the ways to know if someone muted you on Instagram. Somehow, that’s such an important thing for you to know who someone mutes you on Instagram. Once you find them, you already know who they are and try looking for the reason why they mutes you on Instagram.
Of course, there will be multiple reasons why someone mutes you on Instagram. One of them is due to not seeing your posts and stories because of some reasons. Here, you can take the next way that you can do to avoid someone on Instagram.
Well, to know if someone mutes you on Instagram, there will be some signs which refer to the marks when someone mutes you on Instagram. Here they are:
- If someone who used to frequently like or comment on your IG’s posts and stories which seems to have suddenly gone silent, it can be a sign that you have been muted by them,
- If someone who used to see your Instagram’s stories which no longer appear on your story’s Viewers list, it can mean that the user has muted your stories or posts synchronously.
- You can try noticing if someone still actively likes and comments on other people’s posts on Instagram, it’s a clear sign that you have been muted on Instagram.
- To convince why you are muted on Instagram, you’re able directly to DM them to tell why they have muted you on Instagram. That’s clear, isn’t?
However, there is no exact why to know if someone muted you on Instagram. It means that you will not get notification when you are muted by someone. Well, the effective ways to know if someone mutes you on Instagram is to find some signs which we’ve listed above.
How to Mute Someone on Instagram?
Once you already know that you have been muted by someone on Instagram, you then may also want to mute his/her back on your posts or stories. However, muting someone’s posts and stories on Instagram is easier than you think. If you really want to mute someone’s IG posts and stories, you can take some following ways below!
Somehow, muting someone’s IG posts and stories can be a silent way when you want to unfollow someone without them getting a notification. So if you don’t feel good unfollowing someone directly, you absolutely can try to mute them so that you won’t see their posts and also stories.
How to mute someone on Instagram? Here’s how!
- First thing first, you need to find someone’s account that you want to mute. Unfortunately, you cannot mute them through their profile as there’s no option to mute on the three dots icon located on the right corner of their Instagram profile.
- Instead, you need to manually scroll through your feed until you find someone’s posts that you want to mute. It probably take a while especially if someone does not regularly post any contents on Instagram.
- Once you successfully find someone’s post on your feed, you can continue to tap the three dots icon on the right corner of their post. If you tap it, a pop-up window of a navigation drawer will show.
- In this step, you have to tap on Mute option and then tap on Mute Posts or Mute Posts and Story.
- If you choose on Mute Posts option, it means that someone’s posts cannot longer appear on your feed. But the user can still have access if they look for their profile manually.
- While, if you choose Mute Posts and Story, you surely can mute both posts and story which means someone’s post is not going to show up on your feed and then their story cannot longer appear on your timeline.
- That’s it! You successfully mute someone’s posts and stories.
To note, if you mute someone’s stories, of course their stories will no longer be available on your timeline. Moreover, you can always unmute someone if you still want to see their posts and stories again.
However, if you mute someone’s posts and stories by accident and want to unmute it back at least you need to know their username. If it’s a bit complicated, you can also try finding them on your timeline if you don’t feel muting their stories.
How to Know if Someone Blocked You On Instagram
Knowing if someone blocks you on Instagram is very needed for you, given you will not feel good for it. Unlike knowing if someone mutes you on Instagram in which there’s no a way to find it, knowing if someone blocks you on Instagram can be found by following ways:
- Find the user’s profile
The easiest way to find out if someone has blocked you is by searching their Instagram profile. Type the username through the search field. Then, if the user views the profile and also uploads photos or videos, the user is not blocked (this applies if the profile is set to be public). If the account is private (or locked), the user will see it with the words “This account is private (This Account is Private)”.
- Hide Direct Message
Blocking someone on Instagram will hide the message or DM from both parties. If the user suspects someone has blocked them, open the DM and look up the messaging history with that person. If the DM option is not available, that’s a clear sign that you have been blocked on Instagram.
- Re-Follow Them
If the user can still see the person’s profile, try to re-follow by tapping the Follow button. If the user is blocked, the user will not be able to follow that person. But if the person hasn’t blocked the user, the user will be able to follow that person after tapping the Follow button.
Those are some signs which can be parameter if someone blocks you on Instagram.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…