Looking for a specific villager/character in Animal Crossing New Horizons? You will be able to invite them through the campsite via Amiibo or trade with another player. For more information on how to get specific villagers/characters in Animal Crossing New Horizons, read on!
How To Get Specific Characters/ Villagers In ACNH?
After you have got a free housing plot on your island, then you will be able to get any villager you want with several methods.
- Method 1: Invite from Mystery Island Tours
- Method 2: Invite Campsite visitors
- Method 3: Invite Villagers via amiibo
- Method 4: Trade with other players
In the text below, we are going to explain all those methods in more detail.
Method 1: Invite Villagers from Mystery Islands Tours
Remember that one of methods to get specific characters or villagers in Animal Crossing New Horizons is by inviting villagers from Mystery Island Tours. So, how to invite villagers from mystery islands tours? Need to know that each island you visit is going to have a different villager waiting for you to bring them home. After you invite a villager to come live on your island, any other Mystery Island you visit will no longer have Villagers on them.
Method 2: Invite Campsite Visitors
The second method to get specific characters or villagers in Animal Crossing New Horizons is by inviting Campsite visitors. Actually, this method replaces a current random villager on your island. You are able to select time-travel, however it is not needed.
- Please wait until the Campsite has a visitor.
- If you do not like the villager in step one, then you are able to time travel forward until you get another visitor in your Campsite.
- Keep talking to the Villager until you are able to convince them to move into your island. Several Villagers are going to accept the invitation right away. However, other villagers will need some convincing. If they say no, you have to keep talking to them until you are able to convince them to move in again. For undecided villagers, they are going to ask you to play a card game where you need to guess which color or suit of a card they choose. If you guess correctly, then they are going to move in.
- If they accept your invitation, they are going to move in the next day.
If your island already has ten residents, then the visitor is going to ask to swap with a random villager for a plot of land. If you agree, the selected villager is going to be in the boxes and then moving out the next day. If not, you have to press the Home button and your Switch, just quit the game. You will be able to repeat steps 2 to 4 and try again.
Method 3: Invite Villagers Via Amiibo
Another method to get a specific villager in Animal Crossing New Horizons is by inviting them by using their amiibo. Please call them to the Campsite for 3 days for your invitation to stay and get accepted.
Here are steps to do:
- At the first step, you have to go to the Nook Stop to use an amiibo.
- After that, you have to follow their request and craft an item.
- Please repeat Steps 1 to 2 for 3 days.
- On the 3rd day, you are able to convince them to move in.
You will need to replace a current resident with the villager you want to move in. Using an amiibo card is going to allow you to select which villager you want to replace.
Method 4: Trade with Other Players
The last method to get specific characters or villagers in Animal Crossing New Horizons is by trading with other players. Now, try inviting a villager from another island. Then, you are able to find out if any of your friends’ villagers are moving out and in the boxes. You will be able to fly over to their island and convince them to move into your island.
Well, the text above are some methods to get specific characters or villagers in Animal Crossing New Horizons. Make sure that you are able to get specific characters or villagers you want in Animal Crossing New Horizons by following the methods above.
How to select Your First 10 Villagers?
In addition, here we will also explain how to select your first 10 villagers. Please follow this guide below to get each of your dream villagers on your island.
To select your starting villagers (1st – 2nd villagers):
- Firstly, you are able to start the game. Then, continue until you are at the Airport’s dock with your starting villagers.
- You are always going to start off with one Big Sister villager and one Jock villager.
- If you do not like the Villagers you meet, then you are able to reroll by starting the game over.
To select your 3rd – 5th villagers:
- After building the first bridge, then you have to talk to Tom Nook. He will give you three house kits.
- Please set up the house kits and prepare the needed furniture for each lot. After that, you are able to go on Mystery Island Tours to hunt for your dream villagers.
- You do not have to take the first villager you see, so just go on as many Mystery Island as you need to get your dream villagers.
To select your 6th villager:
- The sixth villager is going to come after you have set up the Campsite. The Villager you get in Campsite will be final. Thus, you will not be able to reroll for a new Villager.
To select your 7th – 10th villagers:
You will be able to hunt for your dream villagers with Mystery Island Tours. But, you have to note that you will not be limited to any villager personality.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…