As we know that Fortnite now is very popular so that there are more people who play this game. If a game has massive players, it will be more challenging for developers to manage everything in the game so that the game will always work perfectly.
In Fortnite, players report that there are bugs and glitches which appear in the game when the update comes out. As explained on Frondtech site, after the update 2.5.0, there is a bug in the game where it makes the in-game audio stutter. So, the players get huge delays in getting the right sounds at the right time. As a result, it makes this game difficult to play.
If you also experience this issue, you have to fix it and here I have the methods for fixing the issue.
Fixing Fortnite Sound Glitch Stutter/ Weird by Setting the Quality of Audio to Low
According to the Frondtech site, there are some steps that you have to take for fixing Fortnite sound glitch, stutter or weird. The steps can be seen below.
- The first thing that you have to do is to start the game from the Epic Launcher.
- After that, you have to go to any mode whether PvE or PvP.
- Then, you have to access the Settings.
- Then, you must click on Audio settings.
- Now, you have to set the Quality to ‘low’.
- And at last, you have to set the changes and then restart the game.
Fixing Fortnite Sound Glitch Stutter/ Weird by Setting Priority to High
There is also another method that you do to fix this issue according to Frondtech.
- The first thing that you have to do is that you must start Fortnite.
- After that, you have to hit Alt + Tab to minimize the game.
- Then, you have to open the Task Manager and then click on the Details tab.
- Now, you have to search for the Process named ‘FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping.exe’ from the list.
- And then, you have to right click on it and then Set Priority to High.
Other Methods to Try for Fixing Fortnite Sound Glitch Stutter/ Weird
According to the Game Revolution site, you can firstly try to restart the game. Usually, this simple thing can fix the issue. However, if you find that restarting the game does not work, you can try the methods below.
- You can try to restart the console.
There are a lot of issues which can be fixed by hard resetting the Xbox console. It is because sometimes, things just get buggy and if the console is restarted, it can solve the issue.
- You can check A/V receiver settings.
It is important for you to know that there are two ways to install an Xbox to an A/V receiver. If you have the console directly connected to your receiver, you will likely not have issues. However, if you have the console connected to your TV, you may find that ARC sometimes malfunctions. If you face this issue, you can try to fix it by trying the TV speakers. If you find that they work, you may have to check the ARC settings on your TV or reset the receiver.
- You have to make sure the headset is configured properly.
If you wear a headset when you are playing the game, you have to make sure that the headset is connected properly and make sure that it is turned on.
- You can change out the cords.
Even though it is rare, but sometimes HDMI cords just stop working. If a cord is on its way out, it might show video but not output audio. There is a quick way that you can do to make sure a user has a good connection. The way is that you can change out HDMI cables.
- You can try to restart the console.
Fixing Fortnite Sound Glitch Stutter/ Weird / Not Working by Setting the Default Playback Device
According to Driver Easy, if you find that Fortnite sound is not working, it may happen if the sound output or input device is not set as the default playback device on your computer. So, you are able to make sure to set the right playback device by following the steps below according to the Driver Easy site.
- The first thing that you have to do is to exit Fortnite.
- After that, you have to unplug your sound devices from your PCand then you have to plug them back in.
- On your keyboard, you have to press the Windows logo key and R at the same time and then you have to type control panel and press Enter to open the Control Panel.
- In View by, you have to choose Large icons and then you have to click on the Sound.
- Then, in the Playback tab, you have to click on the device that you use and then you have to click on the Set default.
- You have to click on the Recording tab and then you have to make sure your microphone device is set as default.
- Now, you can open Fortnite and then check whether the issue is solved.
If the issue is still there, you can try the next method below.
Fixing Fortnite Sound Glitch Stutter/ Weird or Not Working by Adjusting in-game Settings
After you make sure to have the right playback devices set as default in Windows, you also must make sure the in-game audio settings are correct. You can adjust it by following the steps below according to the Driver Easy site.
- The first thing that you have to do in Fortnite is to click on the Menu icon.
- After that, you must click on the Settings.
- Now, you have to click on the sound icon and you have to make sure Voice Chat and Push To Talk are both set On. In Voice Chat Input Device and Voice Chat Output Device, you have to make sure that the devices are the ones that you have set in Fix 1 above. Then, you have to click on the Apply to save the changes.
- Now, you have to open Fortnite to check whether the no sound issue on Fortnite has been fixed or not.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…