When you are playing Call of Duty: Warzone, you might encounter the error code 5476. The error code commonly appears on a pop up window that says ‘Dev Error 5476. To contact customer service support, go to http://support.activisioan.com/modernwarfare’.
Of course, if this error code appears, you definitely cannot play a multiplayer game on your PC or your console. That means in Call of Duty: Warzone, you cannot play the game with your friends, since it blocks you from connecting to the server. So, how to fix dev error 5476 on Call of Duty: Warzone? Let’s find out the solution in our post below!
Fixing the Dev Error 5476 in Call of Duty: Warzone, Here’s How!
Since the dev error 5476 occurs because of some causes, you may need some extra ways to fix this error code. However, the dev error code 5476 is one of the easiest error codes to fix in Call of Duty: Warzone. So, here are the solutions to fix the error code 5476 in Call of Duty: Warzone:
Solution 1: Check for the game update
The first solution you can pick is to check for the game update, asCall of Duty: Warzone will not let you play in multiplayer with your friends or online play when the game is outdated. All you have to do is to simply restart the game when the error code 5476 appears on your game screen.
If you are playing Call of Duty: Warzone on PC, you can fix a randomly showing dev error 5476 by closing the Blizzard or Battle.net client. Then, you can start it back up. Aside from that, you can also try to check your internet connection and try to reset your internet device if you suspect that it is working properly.
To hard restart Warzone on Xbox consoles, you can do some steps below!
- First, hold down the power button until the Xbox completely turns off.
- Then, release the power button.
- Make sure to disconnect the power cable and wait for five minutes.
- After that, you need to plug the power cable back in.
- Last, turn on your Xbox one back.
Here’s how to restart the game on PlayStation!
- First, hold down the power button for 5 seconds until the PlayStation is completely turned off.
- Then, wait a few seconds.
- After that, you can press and hold the power button until the PlayStation turns on back.
Solution 2: Derandomize your calling card and emblem
Another solution you can do to fix the dev error code 5476 is to change your Warzone calling card and emblem. The error code is commonly caused by them both being set as ‘Randomized’.
Here’s what you should do:
- First, log into the Warzone.
- Then, go to the Barracks tab.
- After that, you need to check if your emblem is set to ‘Randomized’. Themn, you can change it to ‘All Together Now’ or any other category.
- If your calling card is set to ‘Randomized’, you can also change it too.
- After the way is done, you can go back to the multiplayer lobby. Then, you can try to join the game without seeing the error code.
Solution 3: Verify the game files
Because of some missing and corrupted game files, you will see the dev error code 5476. To solve this issue, you may need to try verifying your game files if you are playing on PC. Then, check if that fixes the issue.
To repair your game files on PC, you can do some following steps:
- First, access the Blizzard battle.net app.
- Then, click on the Warzone icon.
- Make sure to choose the gear icon and click the ‘Scan and Repair’ button.
In the case of repairing your game files, you may need to wait as the game files are scanned and verified. If you get the message that informs you about any missing or corrupted game files, you may have to reinstall your game.
Solution 4: Reinstall Warzone
The last solution you can do is to reinstall the game of Call of Duty: Warzone on your device. Make sure to uninstall and reinstall the game from the online store. To do so, you can perform some following ways:
- First, uninstall the Call of Duty: Warzone on your device.
- Then, enter the online store.
- After that, you may need to look for Warzone.
- After you find Warzone, you can then download it by clicking the ‘Download’ button.
- When the Warzone has been completely downloaded, you can hop back into the multilayer mode and check if it works properly.
Okay, those are the solutions that you can take to fix the dev error code 5476 on Call of Duty: Warzone. Hopefully, those solutions will successfully solve your problem and also get rid of the other error messages that may appear on your game screen.
What Causes the Error Code 5476 Appear on Warzone?
According to some sources, there are a bunch of reasons why the dev error code 5476 appears on your PC or your console when playing Call of Duty: Warzone. To find out the causes, let’s see them below!
Cause 1: Any bugs
The first reason why error code 5476 appears on Warzone is because of any bugs. Generally, this error code will come and go for a small number of Warzone players, as the unique environment of your PC, PS4 or Xbox One.
Cause 2: Random game glitch
A lot of Warzone players have encountered the dev error code 5476 as they set their in-game Skins, Calling Cards and Emblems to random. Generally, if you use the Random option for Skin, Calling Cards and Emblems, you will get the dev error code 5476. So, you can try to check if deselecting the random option will help you.
Cause 3: Corrupted game files
If you see a message that says dev error code 5476, it may be caused by corrupted game files. To prove it, you can try to fix the error by checking the integrity of the game files or even do a clean reinstall.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…