Are you facing CE-30005-8 error on your PS4? If you are facing this error, you have to get rid of it so that your PS4 can work well again. To be able to get rid of this error, you have to know the causes of the error so that you are able to fix it correctly.
Usually, this error happens related to a hardware failure with your device. Actually, there are three main forms of devices which are responsible for this error. Those are PS4 internal and external hard drives, or the Blu-Ray/ DVD player. So, the thing that you have to do is to diagnose these devices separately.
How to Fix CE-30005 on Blu-Ray/ DVD Disc
If you experience this error when you are trying to start a game from the Blu-Ray/ DVD player, you are able to try to check whether it is broken or damaged. How to do that? You are able to follow the steps below.
- First, you have to eject the disc. You are able to eject the disc manually and you can do that by pressing the Eject button on your PS4. Or, you are able to press the Options button on the Dual Shock 4. It can be found on the Home menu. If you do this, it will give you the option to Remove Disc.
- In this step, you have to clean the disc carefully. You have to check the underside of the disc. You may find that there may be some smudges or scratches. You are able to wipe the disc by using a soft cloth and you can wipe it from the inner circle to the outer edge with a straight line.
- Now, you have to insert the cleaned disc back into your PS4 and then see whether the PS4 cannot start the application problem is fixed. If you find that the PS4 game discs or Blu-Ray is damaged, you have to consider buying a new one.
How to Fix CE-30005-8 on PS4 Hard Drive
If you find the PS4 cannot start application CE-30005-8 error when you are trying to begin your game from an external hard drive, you have to see whether the PS4 systems are corrupted or there are any bad sectors on the hard drive.
To check your external hard drive quickly, you are able to use a free tool. You are able to use MiniTool Partition Wizard Free Edition which is a powerful management tool. It is trusted by millions of people around the world. This tool offers you a lot of practical features. Some of them are doing a disk benchmark, converting MBR to GPT disk, resizing partitions and many more.
How to perform a surface test for your hard drive? You are able to follow the steps below.
- The first thing that you have to do is to connect the external hard drive to your computer and then launch this tool to get the main interface.
- Now, you have to choose the external hard drive and then click on the Surface Test feature.
- In the Surface Test window, the thing that you have to do is to click on the Start Now button.
- This tool will scan the bad sectors for the entire hard drive automatically. If you see that there are a large chunk of blocks which are marked with red colors, you may have to consider switching to a new hard drive. But, if you just see there are a little bad factors on the hard drive, you are able to run the chkdsk /f /r to shield the bad tracks.
If you have found the reasons why this error happens in your PS4, you are able to try to fix it by using the methods below.
Deleting and Restoring the Game Data on the Hard Disk Drive
One of the methods that you are able to do to fix PS$ CE-30005-8 error is to delete the game data on the hard drive. If you are a member of a PlayStation Plus, you have to back up the game data by using a USB flash drive or you are able to use an online cloud service.
How to delete and restore the game data on your PS4 to fix this issue? You are able to follow the steps below.
- First, when you are in the Home page of PS4, you have to press the Up on D-pad so that it will open the Function menu. Then, you have to go to the Settings icon and then press the X button on the console to open it.
- Then, in the Settings window, you have to click on the Application Saved Data Management section and then you have to press the X button again.
- Here, you have to click on the Saved Data in System Storage option.
- And then, you have to choose the problematic game and then hit the Options button on the console to open the Delete option.
- Now, if you have deleted the problematic game data, you are able to restore the saved data from the similar Application Saved Data Management option in the Settings menu.
- At last, you are able to restart the application or game and then see whether the error is still there or not.
Rebuilding The PS4 Database
This is another method that you are able to use for fixing this error.
- You have to turn off PS4 by holding the Power button.
- Next, you have to hold the Power button for some seconds again until there are 2 short beeps and then your PS4 will enter into Safe Mode.
- Now, you must connect the PS4 with a USB cable and press the PS button on the controller.
- Choose the Rebuild Database option. You have to wait patiently because this process may take hours.
Switching To A New PS4 Hard Drive
If you find that there are a lot of bad sectors when you are using MiniTool Partition Wizard, you are able to replace it with a new PS4 hard drive. It is a complex process and will take some time.
Disabling The Mods
Are you using any mods? If you use them that you added through Nexus Mod Manager, you are able to disable them. Some players have tried to do this and they can solve this issue after that.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…