If you have a Xiaomi phone, you may ever get a problem where your Xiaomi phone experiences continuous bugs or errors that interfere when used in your daily activities. To solve the problem, you are able to restart so that the system conditions work optimally again.
However, when the restart has been done, the condition of the Xiaomi device that you have has not improved at all. Of course this makes you upset because your phone is very important to use at that time. Therefore, sometimes Factory Reset is the only way to get the phone back to the way it was when it was activated for the first time. But you have to remember that this method is risky because all the data in it will be lost.
For this case, you have to first backup your data to other storage such as a computer or cloud. After the data backup is done, then you are able to go directly to the next stage of resetting your Xiaomi phone.
How to Factory Reset on a Xiaomi Phone?
MIUI 10 or below
- At the first step, you have to open the Settings application on the Xiaomi phone.
- After that, choose the Additional Settings menu
Then, press the Backup & Reset option and choose the Factory Reset menu.
- Next, you are going to be told what data will be deleted.
- Please choose Erase Stored Content to make the system clean again like before.
- Afterwards, press the Reset Phone button
- Please press the Yes button and the reset process will run.
MIUI 11 or above
- Firstly, access the Settings app.
- After that, choose the My Device or About Phone option.
- Then, choose Factory Reset.
- Later you are going to be shown what data will be deleted.
- Please press the Erase all data button to approve it.
- In the pop-up menu, you have to press the Factory reset button.
- Next, press the Next button and the reset process will run.
After the reset is complete, then you are going to be faced with the settings page like when your phone is first activated. Need to note that Erase Stored Content will delete all data on the phone starting from songs, photos, videos, files, accounts, and other important data. So, make sure to back up or backup the data first.
How to Hard Reset via MIUI Recovery?
Enter MIUI Recovery
- When the phone turns on, you have to press the Power + Volume Up buttons simultaneously for a few seconds.
- After that, your phone will turn off and turn on again.
- Please keep pressing the Volume Up button during the Restart process until Redmi logo appears
- If successful, your Xiaomi phone will display Main Menu MIUI Recovery.
Wipe Data and Reset
- In the Main Menu MIUI Recovery, you are going to be faced with the Reboot, Wipe Data, Connect with MiAssistant, andSafe Modemenus.
- Please use the Volume keys for navigation and the Power key to choose the menu.
- Now, you have to choose the Wipe Data menu.
- After that, choose Wipe All Data.
- Please press Confirm to confirm the deletion of all data.
- The data deletion process will be performed.
- After the deletion is complete, you are able to choose the Back to Menu button.
- On the Main Menu MIUI Recovery page, you have to press the Reboot button.
- Please press Reboot to System so that your phone will reset.
- After the reset process is complete, you are going to be faced with the cellphone settings page like the first time you used it.
Next, you are able to reset until you enter the Home Screen page and see the system back to normal. Then, you are able to restore the data that has been backed up before to the Xiaomi phone again. There will only be default apps, so you will need to re-download any apps that you use for your daily activities.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…