Chongyun is counted as one of the many playable characters in the game called Genshin Impact. With Cryo skills, this one takes the advantage of the ice based attacks to freeze opponents in their tracks.
The claymores are also used by him for melee damage, the main reason for him to be the best option for a DPS role. With the best character build, he is able to become even stronger.
The Normal Attack of Chongyun deals single damage to an opponent. However, both of the Elemental Skill and the Elemental Burst of him do AoE damage, which makes him a great damage dealer in just about any part in the game.
As of now, there is only a method to obtain Chongyun, which is through the Wish system of the game. It means the chance of pulling a rarer character such as Chongyun depends a lot on luck.
For those who are lucky enough to get Chongyun through the Wish system, you can level him up quickly and make him to be an amazing damage dealer. Due to the fact that he has a great damage output, the artifacts and weapons for the best builds of this one in the game should focus on increasing melee attacks, which means the Elemental stats are not that important in this case.
Even though he is overshadowed by the character of the game that has 5 stars named Diluc when it comes to DPS, he is more common and is able to still hold his own against opponents in the battle.
Best artifacts and weapons for Chongyun in Genshin Impact
Any artifacts that boost ATK and DMG are so good with the build of Chongyun in Genshin Impact. However, the best artifacts for him are from the Gladiator’s Finale set. By getting the two pieces of the Gladiator’s Finale, the ATK of Chongyun is raised by 18%. With four of them equipped in total, the Normal Attack DMG of him is also increased by 35% since the claymores are used in the battle.
You will be able to find a lot of great claymores available in Genshin Impact, and most of them will work for Chongyun. The best weapon is believed to be the Wolf’s Gravestone. The reason is because it can increase his Base ATK by up to 40%. If the health of the opponent is below 30% at the time, it means all the party members get their Base ATK raised by up to 80% for 12 seconds. On the other words, people are able to take the advantage of Chongyun by using the Wolf’s Gravestone. The Prototype Aminus is also not bad and it works great. It is able to be crafted in Mondstadt with the right ingredients. You will be given a 50% chance of Normal and Charged Attacks dealing additional damage up to 480% to all the opponents within the specific radius by this claymore.
With these artifacts and weapons mentioned above, Chongyun can be the powerful one throughout the story of the game. The Cryo skills and claymore attacks are the reasons for him to be the best option for a DPS role within just about any party. It is true that he is already strong, but he can be stronger in the game with the right character build.
Chongyun is mainly used as the secondary DPS character. He is so good at giving out some damage, but still usually used for getting those cryo effects and elemental combinations. With that being said, it is also possible for you to also build him as a primary DPS.
Chongyun main DPS:
- Main DPS: Chongyun
- Secondary DPS: Fischl
- Healer: Qiqi
- Support: Venti
Chongyun secondary DPS:
- Main DPS: Diluc
- Secondary DPS: Chongyun
- Healer: Jean
- Support: Mona
- Talent Level Up Material: Teachings/Guide/Philosophies of Diligence
- Common Ascension Material: Damaged/Stained/Ominous Mask
Constellations are hard to get. For each subsequent time you summon Chongyun, one additional level is unlocked.
- Level 1 – Ice Unleashes: Three ice blades are released by the last attack of Chongyun’’s Normal Attack combo. Every of them deals 50% of ATK of Chongyun as Cryo DMG to all opponents in its path.
- Level 2 – Atmospheric Revolution: The Spirit Blade creates Elemental Skills and Elemental Bursts cast within the Frost Field – Layered Frost of Chonghua has their CD time decreased by 15%.
- Level 3 – Cloudburst: The Spirit Blade is increased – Cloud parting Star skill level by 3. Max level is 15.
- Level 4 – Frozen Skies: 1 Energy is generated each time Chongyun hits an opponent affected by Cold or Frozen status effects. This one is able to only occur once each 2 seconds.
- Level 5 – The True Path: The Spirit Blade is increased – Layered Frost skill level by 3. Max level is 15.
- Level 6 – Rally of Four Blades: Spirit Blade – Cloud parting Star deals 15% more DMG to opponents that have a lower percentage of their Max HP remaining than Chongyun. Aside from that, this skill will also summon one additional Spirit Blade.
- Don’t miss: How to Change Your Username in Genshin Impact
Here is everything that you will need if you want to maximize the level cap ff Chongyun:
- 1st Ascension (Max Level 20): 1 Shivada Jade Siver, 3 Cor Lapis, 3 Damaged Mask
- 2nd Ascension (Max Level 40): 3 Shivada Jade Fragments, 2 Hoarfrost Cores, 10 Cor Lapis, 15 Damaged Mask
- 3rd Ascension (Max Level 50): 6 Shivada Jade Fragments, 4 Hoarfrost Cores, 20 Cor Lapis, 12 Stained Mask
- 4th Ascension (Max Level 60): 3 Shivada Jade Chunks, 8 Hoarfrost Cores, 30 Cor lapis, 18 Stained Mask
- 5th Ascension (Max Level 70): 6 Shivada Jade Chunks, 12 Hoarfrost Cores, 46 Cor Lapis, 12 Ominous Mask
- 6th Ascension (Max Level 80): 6 Shivada Jade Gemstone, 20 Hoarfrost Cores, 60 Cor Lapis, 24 Ominous Mask
That’s the guide of the best Chongyun build in Genshin Impact and some other information. If you want to know more about Chongyun, try to visit the community or forum.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…