Other Fortnite players claim that when they play on a stretched resolution, they can play better because they can hit easier. You are able to try to prove it. If your PC is low end, do not be sad because we also have the best stretched resolution for that.
Fortnite Stretched Resolution
You may wonder what size of resolution that you have to use. If you are still confused about it, it is important for you to note that the lower you go, you will get more FPS. However, it will make the game look worse and even it can make it more difficult to play. Usually, other people keep the same height and change the width. It means that if you have a 1920 x 1080 monitor, you can go whether 1440 x 1080 or 600 x 1080. In the list below, there are some options that you are able to try and choose the best one that can work well for you.
- 600 x 1080
Before you set up your Fortnite game, it is important for you to know that you need to choose Fullscreen so that the setting will work. Now, how to set up your Fortnite? You are able to follow the steps below.
- The first thing that you have to do is to press Windows Key + R to be able to open the Run menu. If you use Windows 10, you are able to type in the next part without having to do this.
- Now, you have to type in this: %localappdata% into the search bar and then do not forget to hit Enter.
- Now, you have to find the FortniteGame folder and then you must click on it.
- You have to save on the Saved folder.
- Then, you have to click on the Config folder.
- And here, you must click on the WindowsClient folder.
- After that, you need to click on the GameUserSettings file.
Then, you will have to change the options below in this file:
You have to change the resolution above to the resolution that you want. You can use 1440 x 1080 which is a good spot for you if you use a 1920×1080 monitor. For your information, X is the width and Y is the height.
Now, how about the NVIDIA settings? If you use an NVIDIA video card, you have to go to the NVIDIA Control Panel which can be found in the taskbar on the bottom right of your screen near the clock. You can follow the steps below to set your NVIDIA setting.
- You have to click on the Change resolution.
- After that, you must click on Customize.
- Then, the thing that you have to do is to check ‘Enabled resolutions not exposed by the display” box.
- Here, the Create Custom Resolution must be clicked.
- And then, you must add the custom resolution through this screen.
- When you are in the Customize area, there will be a clickable option for the resolution that you just created. You have to check on that box.
- After that, you have to click on Adjust desktop size and position in the left sidebar.
- And now, you have to check the “Full-screen” option that you can find under scaling and then you have to select the custom resolution under Preview.
- At last, click on Apply.
Now, you are able to run Fortnite and see how it works.
The Best Stretched Resolution for Fortnite of Low End PC
If you do not have a great PC, don’t be discouraged. If your PC is low end, it does not mean that you are not able to have stretched resolution to get the best FPS. According to Ani on his video entitled Best Stretched Resolution of Fortnite for Low End PC |ncrease FPS Easily which was uploaded on August 23rd, 2018, if you have a low end PC, he suggest that you can try out these stretched resolution:
- 1200 x 900
- 800 x 600 if you are using Potato PC
- 640 x 480
- 1024 x 768
- 1280 x 960
You are able to see how he sets the stretched resolution on his PC in the video. And for information, the system specs that he uses are Core – I5 4440S 2.8 Ghz, RAM – 8GB ddr3, and GPU – NVIDIA GT 730 4GB DDR4 or DDR3. In the video, you are able to see that he sets the resolution to be like this:
Do not forget to save it after you change the setting of your resolution.
The Advantages to Play Fortnite on A Stretched Resolution
You may want to change the setting of your resolution to be streched because of some advantages that you will get. But, what are the advantages? If you use a stretched resolution, the characters in the game will appear bigger (stretched). This condition make them easier to hit. If you have problem with your aim, using this resolution can help it to improve. Besides, if you use this resolution, the FPS will be improved. If you use a low powered PC, it can help you to be able to improve your frames.
Besides using a stretched resolution, another thing that you can do to increase FPS in Fortnite is by changing in-game settings. What setting do we have to set? You can see the details below.
- You have to set the window mode to Fullscreen.
- You have to set the Frame Rate Limit to unlimited or the maximum rate your monitor permits.
- The 3D resolution must be set to 100%.
- The View Distance can be set lower, but there will be in-game consequences.
- The Shadows must be set to off.
- Anti-Aliasing also must be set to off.
- The Textures must be set to medium.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…