Need to know that the Kraken is a World Event Encounter in Sea of Thieves. A big, many tentacled cephalopod-like monster that can attack any player Ship in open water when no other world event is active. Also, it appears in full body during The Sunken Pearl Tall Tale.
Sea of Thieves Kraken Spawn Rate
The Sea of Thieves Kraken spawns under a ship, darkening the water into an inky-black pool and also slowing the ship to a crawl when one to eight tentacles rise from the waves. The tentacles will be able to attack by sucking players up into their own mouths, wrapping around the hull or slapping the ship. The Sea of Thieves Kraken appears to be a timed encounter where the amount of loot spawned depends on the number of limbs defeated during the fight. Remember that a Kraken will despawn shortly after all ships in the ink are sunk.
So, how often does the Kraken Spawn Sea of Thieves? The Kraken will appear only between cloud events. Assuming there are five ships on the server at that time you have 20% chances to get the kraken on you. Each ship which is on an island will carry this parentage up.
Sea of Thieves Kraken – Encounter
When the Kraken attacks, there is a musical cue and the water around the ship darkens. Ship movement in the dark water is very minimal, but not halted. Drowning speed is increased in the inky waters dramatically. Kraken arms are going to spawn in the area. The crew have to kill enough arms to defeat the Kraken, or survive long enough.
Apparently, there are four types of arms to the Kraken:
- Inhaler arms
Inhaler arms make a wind graphic on the deck and also suck a player up into the arm. To avoid getting sucked in, you have to go below deck or do destruction to the open, inhaling mouth on a nearby tentacle. After being sucked, the players are rooted in the arm. Sometimes, it will slap them on the water’s surface, dealing a big amount of damage. Finally, the arm is going to throw the player into the water a little ways from the ship. A trapped player may be freed early by damaging the arm or harpooning out from its mouth.
- Tangling arms
Tangling arms will wrap around the body of the ship. The head of the wrapped tentacle popping out of the water close to the side of the ship or laying onto the deck of the ship. The wrap will immobilize the ship, cause holes in the hull over time and pull the ship lower, causing several holes to take in water faster. Damaging the head of the wrapping tentacle is the quickest method to releasing the wrap. Gun and sword damage will be able to cause it to splash poisonous Kraken blood on nearby attackers. Also, damaging the main body wrap on the deck can release the wrap, however it takes longer and may inflict poison damage. The poison damage will count for poison death in the Ferry of the Damned.
- Slapping arms
Slapping arms will quickly spawn and slap hard against the side of the ship, making movement and damage similar to a Gunpowder Barrel.
- Target arms
Target arms only float around sticking straight up for the players to shoot, rewarding loot upon being slain.
- Inhaler arms
Once the encounter is resolved, the inky water quickly retreats away toward a horizon. The Kraken has unique durability scaling if it is summoned under a Sloop, the tentacles spawn with lower health and higher damage reduction.
More Information about Sea of Thieves Kraken
Here are some tips and tricks, as well other information about Sea of Thieves Kraken:
- The Kraken is a special World Event that has an opportunity of spawning in between other World Events. Thus, if any are visible, then the Kraken will not attack. As a World Event itself, just one Kraken will be able to be active at any one time. Keeping track of when World Events start, and how long they will last for can be a great method to tell when the Kraken will attack.
- If no world event is active in Sea of Thieves and you are not being attacked by the Kraken, it means that another ship is under attack by one. Easily, you are able to use this chance to track down nearby players who may be under attack and easily destroy them.
- The selected player for each attack is picked at random. Even can select the same ship twice in a row. As such, the more ships which are possible targets, the better opportunities you have of not being selected. This results in a one in five opportunities if the server is filled and all ships are in the open sea. If several ships are docked or sunk on the server, please beware that you are likely to be targeted by a Kraken.
- If completing a world event, you have to always be ready for a Kraken follow up attack. To clear a skull fort, simply your crew can wait until another world event spawns to leave the fort. But, this can be really problematic with Ghost Fleets or Skeleton Fleets, because both usually need you to be in open waters to finish them and collect the loot. A solution is after clearing, you have to go to a nearby island immediately and use a rowboat to collect the loot dropped by the ghost or skeleton ships.
- The easiest method to avoid a Kraken fight is to attempt not to panic, just turn your ship 180° and try to sail out of the inky area quickly. This still needs several luck and supplies because the Kraken may tighten its grip around you. And the bigger ships like the Galleon and the Brigantine will slow down to a crawl in the ink, making it harder to get out of the ink and not get pushed around by the tentacle lashes.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…