Do you want to trade Pokemon Sword and Shield with Friends online? Sure, you may want to do this, but you do not know how to do that. So, now you are here to find the methods for trading with friends online. Well, you come to the right site because here we will show you how to trade pokemon in Pokemon Sword and Shield online with friends.
The Steps to Trade with a Nearby Friend Online
With this method, you are permitted to see which Pokemon of your friend or someone online wants to send you. So, how to trade with a nearby friend? You can follow the steps below on your Nintendo Switch.
- The first thing that you have to do is to hit the Y button which can be found on your right Joy-Con. By pressing it, it will bring up the Y-Comm menu.
- After that, you have to see the upper right hand corner to check the trading mode. Do you want to trade with a friend? If so you have to make sure that it says ‘Local Communication’. If you want to trade online with a random player, it must say ‘internet’. However, if it does not say the right mode, you can change it by pressing the + button. It is important for you to know that a Nintendo Switch Online membership is needed to trade online.
- In this step, you have to choose Link Trade. And then, you have to choose Start Trading.
- Now, your Switch is ready to trade. The thing that you have to do is to wait for it to search for someone nearby.
- If both Switch consoles are ready to trade, there will be a message which pops up. The message says that a trade partner has been found. Also, it says that it is time for a trade. So, you can press the A button to continue.
- You need to choose the Pokemon that you want to send to the other person.
- And then, you must choose Trade it.
- After that, you will see the image of the Pokemon of the other person that they want to give to you. If you agree with the trade, then you can choose Trade it.
- Then, you will get a notice and you have to press A to make the notice disappear.
- Then, you will see that a trading animation plays. It shows the Pokemon which is delivered to the other trainer. You will also see some text which pops up. So, you can press A.
- Next, you will be directed to your Pokemon Box. You will be asked whether you want to receive the League Card of your friend or not. You can choose between Yes or No.
- Do you want to do more trading? If so, you have to choose another Pokemon. However, if you think it is enough and you want to quit, you can press B.
- At last, you have to choose Yes to continue playing the game.
The Steps to Trade with Friend Online Who is Not Nearby
Now, how to trade with a friend who is not nearby? You are able to do that by using a code. Here are the steps that you are able to follow to trade with a friend when they are in a different area with you.
- The first thing that you have to do is to hit the Y button on your right Joy-Con. By hitting it, it will open the Y-Comm menu.
- After that, you must check the upper right hand corner to see the trading mode. You have to make sure that it says ‘Internet. If not, you have to press the + button to change the mode. Once again, you need to know that Nintendo Switch Online membership is needed to trade online.
- In this step, you have to choose Link Trade.
- And then, the thing that you have to choose is Set Link Code.
- Now, you have to create a code which consists of 4 digits. When you create a code, you can try to make a complex one. If not, you will be paired up with a random person.
- Next, you have to press the + button or OK to continue.
- And now, you are able to tell your friend the code that you have created. You can tell them by texting or messaging them to inform them about this code.
- Then, from their Switch, they will have to go to the Y-Comm and then they have to do these steps from the first step to the sixth step.
- Well, the game will look for a player by using the similar 4 digit code. You have to wait for the game to pair up.
- If there is a player found to trade with, the game will notify you and you have to press A.
- Then, you will be directed to your Pokemon Box. Before trading, you have to make sure that the other person is your friend and not a random player. You can check it by hovering over a blank area in your boxes. Then, the name of your friend will appear there in the upper right corner.
- Now, you must choose the Pokemon that you want to deliver to your friend. You can text your friend to determine which Pokemon that you want to trade.
- And now, choose Trade it.
- In the screen, there will be an image of the Pokemon that your friend wants to give to you. If you agree, choose Trade.
- There will be a notification and you have to press A to vanish the notification.
- Now, you will see that a trading animation plays which shows the Pokemon which is delivered to the other trainer. Press A when some text pops up.
- You will be directed back to your Pokemon Box. You will be asked whether you want to get the League Card of your friend or not. You can choose based on what you want.
- For more trading, you can choose another Pokemon. However, if you want to exit from trading, you can press B.
- If you want to continue to play games, you have to choose Yes.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…