What is a secret base? It is a small cave where players can find it and then decorate it with useful items such as statues, dolls, and items. If you want to make a secret base in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, you can find the guide below.
The Steps to Make Secret Base in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl
According to Gamer Tweak, here are the steps to make a secret base in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl (BDSP).
- The first thing that you have to do is to go to Eterna City. It is similar to the second gym.
- When you are there, you have to go to the house beside the Pokemon Center and then you have to speak with the Underground Man.
- The Explorer Kit will be given by the man. You must interact with him and you have to complete his missions so that you can get Digger Drill. In the first mission, you have to go underground. You have to be outside any building and you have to use the Explorer Kit. Then, you have to go underground and listen to Roark who explains the features of it. After you have listened to Roark, then you have to go back up to complete it. In the second mission, you are required to dig up spheres or treasures. Completing this mission requires you to find yellow spots. After you find it, you have to face it and press A. To get the treasure, you have to complete the mini-game.
- If you have completed the second mission, you will be rewarded with the Digger Drill.
- If you have obtained a Digger Drill, then you have to go underground and you have to face any wall that you choose. You just have to press the X button and then choose Digger Drill from the Traps menu. There will be a confirmation question whether you want to create the secret base in that wall. The option that you have to choose is Yes so that you can make your Secret Base. It is important for you to note that you must choose this wall carefully. It is because Digger Drill works like a consumable item. Therefore, after you use it, it will vanish.
The Steps to Move Your Secret Base in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl
Do you want to move your secret base in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl? If you want to move it, you have to get another Digger Drill. How to get another Digger Drill? You are able to get it by following the steps below.
- First, you have to go to the Grand Underground by using your Explore Kit.
- Then, you have to trade Spheres with some of the vendors in The Grand Underground.
After you have the Digger Drill, then you can follow the next steps to move your secret base.
- Now, you have to go to the location where you want to move your secret base. You have to face the wall where your secret base’s door will be.
- Next, you have to open up the menu with X and then you have to choose the Digger Drill from the Traps option.
- At last, you have to choose Move.
Decorating Your Secret Base in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl
The fun thing is that you are permitted to decorate your Secret Base with goods. The goods are able to be traded for spheres by the trader in the Grand Underground. You can also buy them on the fourth floor of the Veilstone Department Store. You can also get the goods from Mr. Goods in Hearthome City because he hands them out as rewards for his challenges. Managing your Goods can be done by going up to a PC and choosing Store Goods.
If you want, you can also decorate your Secret Base with Pokemon Statues where it permits you to change what Pokemon appear in the various Hideaways so that it helps you fill your Pokedex. As explained on Game 8, you are able to use Pedestals which can be bought from Sphere Traders to customize your displayed statues depending on their size. Let’s say that you have a larger statue. Then, it needs bigger pedestals to display.
According to the iMore site, you are allowed to have 18 statues in the default room as long as there is space for them.
Do you want to display Shiny statues? These statues are rare shiny versions of Pokemon statues which have green color instead of grey. These statues are able to increase the encounter rate of Pokemon as well even though it is now unknown if they can give any effect to shiny encounter chance.
If you want to enter Photo Mode, you can press the Y button when you are inside your Secret Base. Then, you have to use the Left Thumbstick the pan or zoom around. Now, take pictures of your statue collection and then you can share it with your friends.
Making Your Secret Base Bigger
If you want to make your secret base bigger, you can do that by talking to specific Hiker NPCs which can be found underground. However, you must pay them in the stones that you uncover. If you have a bigger secret base, you will be able to place more statues. As a result, it can increase the possibility of encountering Pokemon of a specific type.
Digging for Statues, Spheres, Elemental Stones and Other Goodies
You are able to find evolution stones, plates, shards, Pokemon statues, and more by mining into the walls in the Grand Underground. You can look at the map in the upper left corner and then go to any location with a yellow marker. When you are close, you have to press the R button so it sends out a wave. If you are close enough, it will reveal a glowing yellow sparkle on the wall. You have to go up to the sparkle and then hit A. After that, you have to choose Yes to begin the digging process.
When you are digging, you must be careful because each hit that you make can increase the crack at the top of the screen. Let’s say that the crack reaches the left side. If so, you must stop digging.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…