In this modern era, filling out forms can be done online. It means the academics who are conducting research will be able to get more respondents without having to look for them in a certain area. Besides, companies conducting customer satisfaction surveys can also take advantage of the online forms to cover a wider range of customers.
One of the ways to create and share forms online is via Google Forms. It is easy and practical. On top of that, it is free. There are only two requirements to do this. The first one is the internet connection and the second one is a phone or a computer.
Then, how do you make a Google Form? Check out the method to do so as informed by Katadata.co.id below:
Method to Create Google Form
Creating a Google Form can be started by preparing the questions that will be used in the form. As creating this form will be done online, you should make sure that the connection that you have is strong. Besides the strong internet connection, you should also have an active account. After securing these two, it is time for you to create a Google Form by following the following steps:
- Firstly, you should open Google Form by going to Forms.google.com.
- When it opens, click the Blank section with the + symbol.
- By doing so, the new form will be opened.
- In the next step, add a title and description of the form.
- Then, add questions.
- Feel free to choose various types of answers provided. The choices include text, multiple choice checkboxes, linear scale, and so on.
- When it is done, click the Send button to get the link located at the top right.
- Just like that, Google Form is completed and you can share the link to get a response.
Method to Create Google Form for Test
There is a Quizzes feature in Google Form that can be used for exam tools. The method to create the one form of test is the same one as for creating the regular form. After creating it, click Settings > Quizzes > Make this quiz and then click Save.
Method to Edit Google Form
It is possible for you to edit Google Forms anytime you want, even if they have been shared. It means you can do several things, such as adding questions, inserting images or videos or changing the appearance.
Method to Add Images or Videos on Google Form
The good news is that you are allowed to add images to questions or answers. Keep in mind that it is only possible for multiple choice questions or checkbox questions. To do this, open the form. When it opens, click a question or answer. Please click the add image/video icon on the right and then insert any image that you want. Lastly, upload or choose any image or video and the result will be able to be seen in the desired section.
Method to Change the Appearance of Google Form
If you want to make Google Form more appealing, you can choose the color. Feel free to choose the primary color and the background color that you want by clicking the Theme icon located at the top right of the screen, choosing the desired header image, color, and font. Just like that, the selection will be saved.
Method to Choose a Google Form Response Storage Location
There are two options to collect responses when submitting a form: within the form or separately in Google Sheets. As the creator of the form, you can choose the place to save the responses by opening a Google Form.
At the top left under Responses, click Summary. After that, click More at the top right and then choose a response destination. Feel free to choose one of the following options:
- Creating a new spreadsheet: You can create a spreadsheet for responses in Google Sheet.
- Choosing existing spreadsheet: You can choose from existing spreadsheets in Google Sheets to save responses.
Method to Attach Documents on Google Form
As the one who creates the Google Form, you can allow the respondents to attach documents. This kind of feature is usually used for registration forms that require documents from the registrant. To attach documents, the respondents must log in to Google first before uploading documents. To allow them to upload file, you can follow the following instructions:
- First and foremost, open Google Form
- Then, click Add question and then enter a question to get information.
- Next to the question, please click the down arrow and choose the upload file.
- Make sure to specify the kinds of files that others can upload. If it is only a certain file type, please click Enable and then choose a type.
- Do not forget to also set the maximum size for all files collected via the form.
- After getting a response in the form of the required documents, you can view the document through Google Forms through the Responses section.
- Just click Summary to view all received files. For anyone who wants to view individual documents, click Individual and choose the document to open.
These are the methods to create Google Form. All of them are easy. The Google Form has a number of benefits and it is useful for academics, companies, and the general public.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…