Creating an email account requires you to enter a password that can be a combination of numbers, symbols, and letters. Passwords are really important to strengthen the email security system so that it will be saved and no one will be able to steal your personal data.
As an email user, it is normal if you forget the password of your email. In this kind of situation, you should know how to view the email password to re-access all data or valuable files in email. If you forget the password of your email, there is a chance of you also not being able to access the other accounts on your device because you synchronize these apps with your Gmail account.
Way to View Email Password
In this modern era, an email account, including a Gmail account, is something that is a must to have. It is undeniably important. One of its uses is to use software on computers and on mobile devices. Besides, one of the conditions for administrative matters usually involves email. As email is always used in daily life, you have to remember your account, including the password.
Actually, you do not have to write down the password of your email as there are a number of apps that can do it for you. One example is Google Chrome. When using the browser on a computer or other device when trying to log in to email, there is usually an option to save the password or not. Feel free to press the save button if you want to have it saved in the system. If you choose this, you can go to Google Chrome or settings in case you forget it.
1. Way to View Google Email Password on Computer
As mentioned before, this method only works if the Google Chrome browser settings are instructed to save passwords automatically. Therefore, you have to make sure that the settings are correct.
As for the way to view the Google email password on the computer, the instructions to follow include:
- Firstly, you have to open Google Chrome on your computer.
- When it opens, log in to your account.
- Once you have successfully logged in to your account, hover the cursor of the mouse over the top right corner of the page and click the three dots icon. Apparently, this one is settings or Customize and Control Google Chrome.
- After that, choose the settings menu. Please wait for a while until you see the new tab on the screen.
- After seeing the new tab, the next thing that you should do is to open the Autofill option.
- When it opens, click or tap Passwords.
- Besides, you can also set the Google Chrome app to automatically save passwords.
- By clicking it, the password menu page will show up on the screen.
- Please scroll down to find several saved accounts and their passwords.
- For those who want to view the email password, press the Show Password icon represented by the eye logo.
- When you press it, the email password will be automatically seen.
- Press Ctrl + V if you want to copy the password of the email.
- When you are done, you can try to log in to your email account.
2. Way to View Google Email Password on Laptop
The method of viewing the Google email password on a laptop is similar to the method of doing it on a computer. In order to view the Google email password on your laptop, you can use Google Chrome. Here is a step by step to follow to view Google email password on laptop:
- The first thing that you should do is to open Google Chrome on a laptop or notebook.
- When it opens, log in to your Gmail account.
- After logging in, move the cursor to the top right of the screen and click on the three dotted lines. For your information, this one is settings of Customize and control Google Chrome.
- Next, choose the settings. Please wait until you see the new tab on the screen.
- Then, open Autofill.
- Afterward, click or press Passwords.
- On the menu, you can also set the Google Chrome app to automatically save passwords.
- After clicking it, you will see the password menu page on the screen.
- Please scroll down to see a few saved accounts and their passwords.
- If you want to view the email password, you can just press the Show Password icon represented by the eye logo.
- You can see the password of the email by pressing it.
- If you want to copy the password of the email, you can press the Ctrl + V key.
- When everything is done, try to log in to your email account.
3. Way to View Google Email Password on Android
In addition to computers and laptops, you can also view Google email password on Android. If you want to do it on Android, you can follow the following guide:
- First of all, you have to open Google Chrome.
- After opening it, tap the three dot icon located at the top right of the page.
- Then, choose the settings.
- After that, scroll down and choose your password.
- In the next step, choose your email account.
- Please wait until you see the edit password menu shown on the screen.
- Upon seeing this menu, tap the eye icon to view the password for the email.
- To be able to see it, you will be asked to enter the lock screen code, PIN, or fingerprint.
- After entering it, you can copy the password and log in to your email account.
These are the ways to view the Google email password or Gmail on various devices. It is better for you to write down the password just in case you forget about it.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…