Have you found a moment where you get a message in another language from someone through WhatsApp? At this moment, what do you do? You may copy the text and then paste it to the Google Translate but of course you have to open Google Translate first.
But, do you know that there is a Google Translate Tap Button To Translate for WhatsApp? It will be easier to use by you to translate any text to the language that you want.
Google Translate Tap To Translate is a new feature which is offered by Google Translate app which permits you to be able to translate WhatsApp messages from WhatsApp. So, you will not have to switch between the apps anymore. Also, you are able to type your message and translate it to another right inside WhatsApp.
Steps To Enable Google Translate Tap Button on WhatsApp Chatting
If you want to translate messages inside WhatsApp so that you do not need to switch the apps and copy and paste the text, you need to have the Google Translate app. If you do not have it yet, you are able to download and install it first. Then, after you installed it on your smartphone, you have to make sure that the Google Translate app is up to date and then you are able to follow the steps below.
- After installing Google Translate app on your smartphone, now you have to open the app and then access the settings. You are able to do that by clicking the menu button.
- After that, you have to click on the ‘Tap to Translate’ and then check the option ‘Enable Tap to Translate’. It is important for you to know that the Tap To Translate option is disabled by default. So, you need to enable it manually.
How to Use Google Tap To Translate Button on WhatsApp
- Now, let’s say that you are chatting on WhatsApp and then you get a message from someone. The message is in foreign language and you do not understand the meaning of the text since you cannot speak that language. So, here, the thing that you have to do is to hold and touch the message to choose it and then you have to click on the copy icon which can be seen on the top menu.
- After you click on the copy icon, now a Google translator icon will come up on the screen. You have to click on it and then you have to select the language to which you want to convert the message. Your message will be changed on the basis of your selection. Also, you have the option to listen to the message. If you want to listen to the message, you have to click on the speaker icon.
- Do you want to reply to this message but you do not know how to say it? Well, you are able to reply to the message inside WhatsApp in some other foreign language. The thing that you have to do is to click on New Translation and then type your message. After that, you have to copy the converted message and then send it. See, it is simple, isn’t it?
Now, after you have a Google Translate app and also activate the Tap To Translate feature, you will be able to send and get messages in foreign languages without having to switch apps.
You may wonder whether this feature only works on WhatsApp. You do not need to be sad because this Tap To Translate feature is not limited only to Whatsapp. It can work with any other apps too such as Skype, Hangouts, Facebook, and many more.
The work of this feature is the same. You just have to copy text and then there will be the translation icon which pops up with the option of translating the text from one language to another language.
Does this Tap To Translate feature only work when we are online? No, it still can work even though your internet connection is offline. It is important for you to know that when you use this feature for the first time, you will get a pop up message saying ‘display over the apps’.
If you see this message the thing that you have to do to continue is to tap on Allow Display Over Other Apps. Also, if you want to dismiss the Tap To Translate bubble, you are able to hold and then drag it to the bottom of the screen. To be able to use this feature, you will not have to open the Google Translate app.
If you want to watch the tutorials of enabling this feature and also using it in the form of videos, you are able to watch videos below on Youtube.
- A video of Tricks and Tutorials entitled How To Enable Google Translate Button on WhatsApp which was uploaded on November 3rd, 2017.
- A video of How To Digital entitled How to Use Google Translate on WhatsApp Chatting! (Easy) which was uploaded on May 19th, 2020.
- A video of Tech Easy entitled How to Use Google Translate in WhatsApp Chatting which was uploaded on June 5th, 2019.
- A video of daya D Tech entitled How to Google Translate enable in WhatsApp [one tap to translate any languages] which was uploaded on October 7th, 2017.
- A video of Google entitled Introducing Tap To Translate which was uploaded on May 11th, 2016
About Tap To Translate Feature
Tap To Translate feature for Google Translate for Android was introduced by Google on May 11th, 2016. By highlighting text in an app which is in a foreign language, you will be able to see that the Translate will pop up inside of the app and offer the translation.
According to Wikipedia, Google Translate supports about 109 languages as of October 2020 and the languages at various levels. Some of them are Albanian, Falician, German, Greek, Armenian, Latvian, Spanish, Malay, Tamil, Thai, Turkish, Uzbek, Urdu, West Frisian, Yoruba, Chinese, Indonesian, Japanese, Italian, Hindi, Hebrew, Bengali, Catalan, Corsican, Irish, Hawaiian and many more.
As of April 2016, there were more than 500 million total users with more than 100 billion words which are translated daily.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…