For those who are looking for a way to spice up Minecrraft gameplay with some mods and you have decided to install The Aether II mod but you know nothing about how to start to build the portal to even enjoy the mod, here is the information for you.
Making a portal is actually an easy process that does not take a Redstone Technician to make, so please open the game called Minecraft and load a world to start everything.
Method I: The Aether I
- First of all, you have to gather the wood. It is possible for you to be in an area that has at least one tree. You might want to start off with breaking 4 to 6 logs. As you are going through the world gathering resources, remember that any lava source that you find. For those who are not really familiar with lava, it can be described as a light emitting fluid block that is not good for you when you touch it. Please be careful around this liquid.
- Craft the wooden planks by placing any log into the 2×2 crafting grid of your inventory. Apparently, a single log will give you 4 wooden planks.
- Craft sticks by placing 2 wooden planks into the crafting grid with one being on top of the other.
- Then, craft a crafting table. It is needed to be able to craft some slightly more complicated items. In order to craft this, you will have to fill each of the slots of the crafting grid with the wooden planks. Having a crafting table makes it possible for you to craft an item that needs a 3×3 crafting grid. If you want to use one, please place one down and right click on it.
- Craft a wooden pickaxe, which is only able to be crafted in a crafting table. In order to craft one, you should get 2 sticks and 3 wooden planks and all of them must be placed into the crafting grid.
- The next thing that should be done is to gather cobblestone, which is dropped from mining stone. Stone is included as one of the most overflow resources in the game and you can find it everywhere. However, it can only be mined with a pickaxe. Please collect at least 14 of them.
- Craft a furnace by placing 8 cobblestones into each of the crafting grid spaces of the crafting table with the exception of the middle one. Feel free to place it down by right clicking it into the ground. This one is for the smelting iron, the future resource.
- Craft a stone pickaxe, which recipe is similar to the wooden pickaxe. The only difference is the cobblestone is used instead of wooden planks.
- Gather iron ore that can only be mined by a stone pickaxe. You should collect at least 4.
- Then, smelt iron ore. A furnace is needed to do so, which can be used by right clicking it. Smelting iron can be done by placing the ore on the top slot and placing fuel into the lower slot. The ones that can be used as a fuel include coal, wooden logs and planks, wooden tools, saplings, and the other wooden items. The iron ingots should be the result. Please smelt at least 4.
- Craft an iron bucket by putting 3 iron ingots into the crafting table.
- Collect water by right clicking a water source with an iron bucket.
- Collect flint by collecting gravel. It is possible for the flint to drop when you collect the gravel.
- Craft flint and steel by putting flint and an iron ingot anywhere you want in a crafting table.
- Collect lava by right clicking a lava source with an iron bucket. Remember to not right click lava with a water source as it may cause a mess that cannot be cleaned without using a diamond pickaxe. You are recommended to find a source of 10 lava blocks or more to make everything easier.
- Make a Nether portal by creating a 5 by 4 frame out of obsidian.
- Enter the Nether Portal. It can be done by standing in the portal for a few seconds, and then you will be teleported into the Nether.
- Get glowstone. When the glowstone is broken, it will turn into glowstone dust. In this step, you can craft 4 glowstone dust back into glowstone. To craft 10 glowstone, at least 40 glowstone dust is needed.
- Lastly, make the Aether portal. Making it requires a 5 by 4 frame, just like the Nether portal. The difference is it is used with glowstone blocks. You still do not need to fill the corners with glowstone. Do not forget to activate it by right clicking the inside of the glowstone with a bucket of water.
Method 2: The Aether II
- First, gather wood.
- Then, craft wooden planks by placing any log into the 2×2 crafting grid of your inventory.
- Next, craft sticks by placing 2 wooden planks into the crafting grid with one being on top of the other.
- After that, craft a crafting table by filling each of the slots of the crafting grid with wooden planks.
- Another thing to be crafted is a wooden pickaxe.
- Gather the thing named cobblestone.
- Once you have gathered them, it is time for you to craft a furnace.
- Afterward, craft a stone pickaxe.
- The ninth step is to gather iron ore.
- Then, smelt iron ore.
- Smelt cobblestone, which is a similar fashion as the iron ore.
- Please craft the Aether portal by placing 4 stone and 4 iron ingots into the crafting table.
- The last thing that you will need to do is to enter the portal by placing the Aether portal that you have crafted and right clicking it. Doing so will take you to the Aether.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…