Now, smartphone has become an important thing because it is used by people often for communicating with others. WhatsApp is an app for sending messages that is often used by people. In the Databoks chart, as explained on Kata Data site, it is shown that WhatsApp became the most favorite social media for global internet users in April 2021. As many as 24.1% respondents stated that they preferred to use it compared to other social media.
How to Login to WhatsApp Web on Laptop or Computer
WhatsApp does not only offer fun features, but this app is also flexible because it can be accessed through various devices. Besides being able to be accessed on smartphones, WhatsApp is also able to be accessed through laptop or computer through WhatsApp web. Here are the steps to login to WhatsApp web on laptop or computer.
- First, open a browser which is installed on your laptop or computer.
- After that, access web.WhatsApp.com page.
- And then, you will see the screen showing a QR code picture. The thing that you can do is to scan it directly by opening the WhatsApp app on your smartphone. And then, click on the three dots at the top right corner and choose WhatsApp Web.
- Scan QR code and wait until WhatsApp on laptop or computer shows the same content as in WhatsApp on your smartphone.
You have to make sure that both devices that you use, namely the smartphone and laptop or computer are connected to a stable internet connection. If one of the devices is offline, then the login process will be failed.
How to Login WhatsApp Web on Smartphone
You are also able to access WhatsApp web on your smartphone. If you want to know how to login to WhatsApp Web on your smartphone, here are the steps that you are able to follow.
- First, you have to open a browser on your smartphone. It is recommended for you to use Google Chrome because it is faster and lighter.
- Click on the three dots at the top right corner.
- Now, scroll down until you find “Desktop Site” and then click or mark a box beside that section.
- After the appearance of Google Chrome changes like in a laptop or a computer, then you are able to go to web.WhatsApp.com.
- Now, you have to take another smartphone with WhatsApp in it which has the WhatsApp account that you want to access on WhatsApp web.
- Scan QR Code by using your smartphone which has been set for WhatsApp Web previously.
- Wait until the login process is done.
How to Log Out from WhatsApp Web
When you login on WhatsApp Web by using another device, the thing that you may be worried about is your privacy. As you know that in WhatsApp, there is a lot of information which is private such as contacts or maybe personal documents.
Don’t worry because you are able to log out from WhatsApp web by following the steps below.
- First, you have to open the WhatsApp app which is installed on your smartphone.
- After that, on the right side, there are three dots and you have to click on it.
- Next, the thing that you have to do is to click “Log Out from All Device”.
- And then, automatically your WhatsApp account on another device will log out automatically.
The Weaknesses of WhatsApp Web
There are a lot of functions offered by WhatsApp Web. However, even though this app offers a lot of advantages, it also has some weaknesses as you are able to read below.
- WhatsApp Web must be connected with a stable internet connection. If it is not connected to a stable internet connection, then all of the messages will not be able to enter. Not only that, your smartphone, where your WhatsApp is, also needs to be connected to the internet.
- A WhatsApp account which is always connected to WhatsApp Web can make your smartphone hot quickly and it drains your battery as well.
- WhatsApp Web cannot do backup in the WhatsApp account.
That’s all the information about WhatsApp Web. Hopefully it can answer your questions about it and for your information, the source of this writing is the Kata Data site. Thank you for reading this and enjoy your day.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…