Now, you may be facing an error message which says that to continue your Xbox you need to be online. If so, you have to fix it. But, how to fix this error message? Let’s find out what I found about this issue.
When I tried to find the information about how to fix ‘To Continue Your Xbox Needs to Be Online’, I could not find the way how to fix the error which exactly says to continue your Xbox needs to be online. Instead, I found the way how to fix an error message which says ‘For this game you need to be online’. It seems that this error message has the same meaning. So, for fixing the error message ‘For this game you need to be online’, there are some methods according to the Windows Report site as you can read below. You can also try to apply these methods when you find an error message which says ‘To Continue Your Xbox Needs to Be Online’.
Restarting Your Router or Modem
This error can happen because of issues with network configuration. If you want to fix this issue, you can try to restart your modem or wireless router and the steps can be followed below.
- The first thing that you have to do is to press the power button on your modem where you have to turn it off.
- After that, you have to wait for 30 seconds and then you can press the power button again to turn it on.
- Now, you have to wait until the modem turns on completely.
- In this step, you have to check whether the issue is solved or not.
Performing Dashboard Refresh
Some users say that this error can be fixed by performing a Dashboard refresh. To perform a dashboard refresh, you are able to follow the steps below.
- The first thing that you have to do is to open your Dashboard.
- After that, you have to press and hold the Left trigger, Right trigger and Y button for a few seconds.
After these buttons are released by you, then the dashboard will refresh itself and load all the elements of the Home screen again.
However, even though some users say that it works, some others say that this method does not work unless you go offline and back online before you use the method. You can repeat this process several times before you fix the issue.
Clearing Alternative MAC Address
Sometimes, network configuration interferes with your Xbox and it can cause this error. So, another method that you can apply for fixing this error is to clear Alternative MAC Address. How to clear alternative MAC address? Here are the steps for you to follow on Xbox One.
- First, you have to open Settings and then you have to navigate to the Network.
- After that, you need to choose Advanced Settings > Alternate MAC Address.
- In this step, you have to choose Clear so that the MAC address is cleared and you can restart your console to save changes.
If your console is Xbox 360, you can perform it by following the steps below.
- First, you have to open System Settings.
- After that, you have to navigate to Network Settings and you have to choose Wireless Network.
- In this step, you have to choose Configure Network > Additional Settings.
- And now, you have to choose Alternate MAC Address and you have to make sure that Alternate MAC Address is not set.
- At last, you have to press Done to save changes.
Testing Your Network Connection
Some users say that they can fix the ‘Fox this game you need to be online’ error by testing their network connection. Do you want to try it? If you want to try testing your network connection, here are the steps to follow.
- The first thing that you have to do is to open Settings and you have to choose Network.
- After that, in the Troubleshooting section on the right, you have to choose Test network connection.
- And then, you have to choose a Test multiplayer connection.
If you find that your console can pass both of the tests, the meaning is that your internet connection is working well and there are no blocked ports which interfere with online multiplayer.
If you want to test internet connection on Xbox 360, here are the steps.
- The Guide button on your controller must be pressed.
- After that, you have to choose Settings > System Settings.
- And now, you have to select Network Settings.
- Here, you have to choose the name of your wireless network or choose Wired Network option.
- At last, you have to choose Test Xbox Live Connection.
If you find that there are issues with your network connection, you must solve it.
Disabling Your Network Connection
It is said that if you go offline on your Xbox, it can fix the issue. To do that, you are able to perform the steps below.
- First, you have to scroll left on the Home screen so that you can open the Guide.
- After that, you have to choose Settings and choose All Settings.
- In this step, you need to choose Network and choose Network Settings.
- Here, you need to choose the Go Offline option.
After you go offline by doing the steps above, then follow the same steps to choose the Go Online option.
Restarting Your Console
If you restart your Xbox, it is said that it can fix all kinds of issues. Here is what you have to do to restart your Xbox One.
- First, you have to press and hold the power button on your console for 10 seconds to turn it off.
- After that, you need to unplug the power cable and you have to wait for a few minutes.
- Then, you need to reconnect the power cable and press the power button on the console to turn it on again.
Clearing System Cache
This issue can also be fixed if you clear the cache on your Xbox. On Xbox 360, you can clear the system cache by following the steps below.
- First, you have to press the Guide button which can be found on the controller and then you must go to Settings and choose System Settings.
- After that, Storage must be chosen by you.
- Here, you need to choose any available storage device and you must press the Y button on the controller.
- Now, you will see that the Device Options screen is open and you can choose the Clear System Cache option.
- There will be a confirmation message and then you have to click on Yes.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…