The error message Network Abnormal appears when you are trying to access the Hikvision NVR or DVR or even a single camera from the browser or on the iVMS-4500 app. There are some different reasons on why this error occurs on the device.
In this page, you will be given a few tips that you can try to fix the issue and bring the security system back online. So, how can the Hikvision Network Abnormal issue be fixed? You have a few options to choose from to fix the Hikvision Network Abnormal issue.
- You can try to restart the web browser or the app.
- You can try to turn off and turn on your Wi-Fi or the internet connection from the device such as computer or phone.
- You will need to make sure that the IP address or DNS that you are entering is the correct one and has not changed. If you are still hitting the old one even after you have changed the IP address of the NVR or DVR or IP camera, you are still going to see the web interface on the browser and that usually happens because the web browser that is using cookies and has cached the previous IP address which worked in the past. If it is the case, you will have to make sure that the IP address is right. Apart from that, feel free to delete the cache from the web browser and try it again.
- You will have to make sure that you have not turned on the IP address restriction in the camera settings or NVR or DVR settings. This option should be found under the Network Settings of the device. In this case, you are able to get the interface from another machine. However, the weakness is you would get an error message of the Network Abnormal whenever you try to login.
- There might be a problem with the login. It usually happens especially every time you try to access the device through the web browser. If you are in this kind of situation, you are recommended to uninstall the plugin or re-install it again when you are asked.
If you want to install the plugin, please follow these following steps:
– The first thing that you will need to do is to go to the section named Tools of the IE and click the Compatibility View Settings. For everyone who cannot see this tab located at the top of the page, please click the ALT key on the keyboard and it will be displayed.
– When you are on the next window
– Go back to the Tools tab and this time you will have to click the Internet Options.
– After that, open up the Security Tab and click on Trusted sites.
– Please enter the IP address of the device and click Add. Do not forget to make sure that the Required server verification box has been unchecked.
- You will need to make sure that the ports are all open and the fort forwarding is done correctly.
- In some rare cases, there might be an issue with the network cable. If it is the case, you will need to make sure that it is plugged properly and it is crimped well.
Hikvision is the name of the manufacturer and supplier of video equipment for both civilian and military purposes based in China, Hangzhou for the exact. The vision of the company is to empower vision for the security and growth of the world. Apart from the vision, it has a mission to explore some innovative ways to understand the world better, to do vision for making decisions, and to work hand in hand to add safety and advance sustainable development around the globe.
Supported by the Chinese government, Hikvision is named as the leader in its field. This one was ranked 800th in the 2019 edition of Forbes Global 2000. Right now, it has over 9% of the annual sales revenue to research and development for continued product innovation. It has made its name in the multi-level R&D system that includes each operation for research to design, testing, technical support, development, and service.
Even though Hikvision is centered in Hangzhou, China, it has some subsidiaries under its home, such as:
- HDT International
- Hikvision USA
- Hikvision Europe B.V
- Hikvision FZE
- Hikvision Singapore
- Hikvision Italy
- Hikvision South Africa
- Hikvision Australia
- Hikvision International
- Hikvision Spain
- Hikvision France
- Hikvision do Brasil Comercio de Equipamentos de Seguranca
- Hikvision UK
- Hikvision Poland
- Hikvision Canada
- Hikvision Korea
- OOO Hikvision
- Cooperative Hikvision Europe U.A.
- Prama Hikvision India Private Limited
There are more than 40,000 employees spread all over the subsidiaries and more than 19,000 of them are R&D engineers. Every year, Hikvision the company invests more than 9% of its annual sales revenue to research and development for the sake of product innovation.
Due to its involvement in human rights violations and security concerns, Hikvision has been banned by the U.S government and is prevented from getting the U.S government contracts. The issue involves the Xinjiang re-education camps.
In the early 2019, the U.S government started to consider giving sanction to Hikvision, which is believed to provide tons of cameras that monitor schools, mosques, and concentration camps in Xinjiang. The Hikvision is banned from getting the government contracts in August 2019 with the reason of the security concerns. Two months later, this one was formally included in the Entity List by the U.S. government for its role in breaking human rights of Uyghurs in Xinjiang and the other ethnic and religious minorities in China. In late 2020, the president of the United States named Donald Trump addressed an issue prohibiting any company or individual from America from having shares in the companies banned by the United States Department of Defense, which includes Hikvision. In an effort to respond to the bans and sanctions, the representative of Hikvision hired some people to fix the issue.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…