Plenty of Fish or POF allows everyone to create and delete the account after that. At first, you might find this platform helpful and you realize that it is not for you later on. You might also want to delete your POF account because you have found the special one. Deleting the POF is actually easy, but what about deleting a POF account before 24 hours? Is that possible to do so? Find out everything by reading the whole article.
Reasons to delete POF account
- Tired of failures
There is no guarantee for everyone who uses Plenty of Fish to find their partner through the app. Some might be lucky enough to find them while some are not. At first, the users in this platform might chat with some people with the purpose to find the perfect partners. However, it is possible that after some time, everything goes down. They might get tired of chatting and using the app and they might stop opening this app and look for an alternative to find the partners. However, after trying to find out alternative ways, they might think POF is not that bad and consider using it again.
- Have found the special one
The intention of joining the online dating sites is looking for partners. The users talk with the ones that they are interested in and keep in touch. After getting known and think that they share a lot of similarities, they might believe that their chatting partner is the perfect one for dating. The next thing is to start a meetup to get even closer. If they are still shy and think it is going to be awkward to meet up face to face, they might try to get connected on phones, Facebook, Instagram, or the other platforms first. Once they get comfortable with each other, they might ditch POF as they do not think it is necessary anymore.
- Privacy concerns
Sharing your data on any online platform is risky. There is a possibility of your data to be shared and manipulated. This kind of concern might make you stop online services such as POF or event delete the account permanently.
Deleting POF account before 24 hours
Unfortunately, there is no way to delete a POF account before 24 hours after creating the account. There is a rule of this dating app that requires the player to have the account minimum of 24 hours before they can actually delete it.
Deleting Plenty of Fish account temporarily
Deleting Plenty of Fish account temporarily means your account will get deactivated. It is done by hiding your account. Here are the steps that you will need to follow if you want to deactivate or hide your POF account:
- The first thing that you will need to do is to go to the official website of Plenty of Fish, which can be done on your computer or mobile devices.
- Then, log in to your POF account by entering your username and password.
- Once you are logging in, find the Check Mail button and click on it.
- Doing so will open your POF Inbox page. Now, it is time for you to click on the Edit profile button.
- There will be a menu that shows up a few different options. All that you have to do is to click on To hide your profile from others, click here. Just like that, your POF account will be deleted temporarily.
Deleting Plenty of Fish account permanently
You have no option to turn back after deleting your account permanently. It means you cannot use the account ever again. Before deciding to delete the POF account permanently, please consider many things so that you will not regret your decision later. If you are really sure on your decision to delete it permanently, here is step by step to do so:
- Firstly, open the official website of Plenty of Fish at POF.com on either your computer or your mobile devices.
- Then, log in to your POF account by using the correct username and password.
- The third step is to click on the Settings option to open the settings page.
- After that, scroll down the settings page, find the Delete Account option and click on it.
- In this step, you will be required to fill up the details. The username and the password of your POF account are the ones that should be entered. Plus, the other ones that need to be included are the reason for leaving, the amounts of dates you went on with the other POF users, the answer whether you would recommend POF users to the others, and so on.
- Once you have completed everything, the last thing to do is to click on the Quit/Give Up/Delete Account button that can be found at the bottom of the page. In the end, you will be signed out from your POF account.
A few things to take note
Apart from the 24 hours criteria, there are some other things that you have to remember. The first one is to know that when the POF app mobile app is deleted, it does not mean your POF account is deleted. Having no app on your phone does not mean deleting POF profile. The other users are still able to see your POF profile.
The second one is about deleting all of the photos. Even after deleting your POF account, there is a possibility for your profile to be mistakenly continued to circulate around the site. It is really possible due to some technical errors. In this case, it is a must for you to be on the safe side. You are advised to delete all of the photos that you have uploaded to your POF account before actually deleting your POF account.
The third one is about your profile information. Choosing the best, interesting username, headline, interesting description, and so on is not easy and can take a lot of efforts. Therefore, it would be a waste to let go of them. Instead of throwing everything, it is better for you to copy and paste the profile information into a simple document on your device because it might be useful in the future.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…