Minehut is included as one of the most popular server hosting for Minecraft. Apparently, this one only works for the Java Edition of Minecraft. As for the Minehut servers, they work exactly like any other servers of Minecraft.
Getting Started on Minehut
You are allowed to make a server totally free with Minehut and advertise it easily without having to worry about the server ads. Do you want to make your free server? Here is the guide that you will need to follow to do so:
- The first thing that you will need to do is to go to the official website of Minehut at https://minehut.com.
- When you are there, find the Get Started button located near the middle of the page and then click it.
- For those who already have a Minehut account, you can just log in, if you have not already and skip to step number 4. If not, then you will need to click the Don’t have an Account button instead, that is able to be found under the login boxes.
- Please continue to enter all the information that is prompted on the screen. When you are asked to verify your email, you might need to check the Spam or Junk folder in case it is nowhere to be found in your mailbox.
- The next thing that you will need to do is to enter the name that you want to use for your server. This one name is how you will join the server by using the IP name.minehut.gg or /server name from the Minehut lobby. Please keep in mind that the name has to be between 4 and 10 characters and it cannot contain any symbols.
- You should now be taken to the dashboard. By clicking the Activate Server button which is able to be found in the middle of the page, you are allowed to start your server up. In addition, you are also allowed to make a second free second if you want, which can be done by clicking the down menu beside the server name in the top right.
Essentials Survival Guide
Essentials is one of the most well-known and handful plugins that you can find on Minehut. This one adds a lot of important commands and features to the Minehut server. One of the features owned by it is being able to use colors in signs, sell or buy on signs, and so on. You can follow these following steps if you want to learn how to enable any features related to signs.
- First of all, go to the Minehut panel on the official website of Minehut.
- Then, make sure that your server is activated by clicking the Activate Server button.
- You will also have to make sure that the Essentials is installed by checking the installed bubble in the Plugins section on the Minehut panel. If it is not, it means you will have to install it and restart the server after that.
- In the next step, go to the File Manager section of the panel and open up the file plugins/Essentials/config.yml. Remember that each slash is a different folder.
- After that, copy this following:
- Once you have copied everything, go back to the Minehut panel and click Ctrl + F or CMD + F based on the operating system that you use and then look for enabledSigns.
- Please remove all the hashtags before the names or change the entire signs section with the text that you copied before. Do not forget to save the file. In case you do not get it, here is how it looks like:
- Lastly, reload the plugin by using the command /essentials reload in the game or from the Server Commands box that you can find in the Home section of the website.
Downloading and Uploading Survival Guide
It is as easy as running a command in-game to download or upload your own worlds to or from your Minehut server. Your world is able to be easily downloaded by typing the command **/download world [name]** in the game. Apparently, your world name is **world** by default. Feel free to check all the world names on your server by typing the command **/worlds** in-game.
After you have typed the download command, you will get a link. Please click on the link if you want to download the world. Then, open the folder where your world is located. You will need to make sure that you see the files level.dat and a folder named **region**. ZIP the folder. It can be done by clicking **Add to Archive** or Send TO > Compressed Folder, depending on the operating system that you are using.
If you want to upload it via the website, you can go to the Minehut website and go to the tab called World Settings on the left hand side of the website. Then, click the Choose File button and choose the newly created ZIP. Now you are able to go in the game and use the command **/worlds** in-game to teleport to the world.
For everyone who wants to upload in-game, firstly, go to the file.io, click the Upload button, choose the newly created ZIP file, and upload it. Next, click the button named Copy Link to copy the world link. After that, go to your server and type the command **/upload world NAME LINK**. Please change the name with the name that you want and the link with the one that you just copied. In the end, use **/worlds** to teleport to this world after uploading it.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…