Is there Genshin Impact controller support on Mobile (Android & iOS) device? Now, Genshin Impact is out on Android devices as well as iPhones and iPads, but can the players use gamepads to play the game? Please read this entire article to find out if there is Android and iOS controller support.
Does Genshin Impact Have Controller Support For Mobile (iOS & Android) Devices?
As we know that Genshin Impact was launched on PC, Mobile (Android & iOS), and Play Station simultaneously. While the developers have added controller support for PC and Play Station, they have not done the same for Mobile devices. Officially Genshin Impact does not support controller on Mobile (Android & iOS) devices as of yet. However, the developers have hinted at adding the feature in future updates.
- Does Genshin Impact Have Controller Support For Mobile (iOS & Android) Devices?
- Can You Use Controllers On Genshin Impact On Your Smartphones?
- Genshin Impact Android Controller Support
- Genshin Impact iOS Controller Support
- Guide to try using third-party controller (Octopus)
- How to Set Up Controllers in Genshin Impact for PC?
- Via USB Cable
- Advantages of using Controllers in Genshin Impact for PC version
- More info: About Genshin Impact Harbingers
Can You Use Controllers On Genshin Impact On Your Smartphones?
Genshin Impact controller support on Android & iOS will help the players in the game, at least dual-stick camera controls, is a must. As lots of phone users know, playing 3D action games on a touchscreen is not as intuitive as using a controller. Certainly, it will help to use a PS4 or Xbox One controller on Genshin Impact on mobile.
Unfortunately, there is currently no official controller support on Genshin Impact for Mobile (Android & iOS) device. It means that a controller cannot be used to play the game of Genshin Impact on Smartphone devices.
Hopefully, miHoYo adds controller support into Android and iOS versions of the game in a future update. So, we are able to say that we cannot use controllers on Genshin Impact on our Smartphones.
Genshin Impact Android Controller Support
Here are some notes you have to know:
- At launch, there is no official controller support on Genshin Impact for Android.
- There are no options or settings controllers in-game.
- Controller support can be added into Genshin Impact game on Android via an update.
- Attempt and use third-party controller apps such as Octopus, however you do that at your own risk.
Genshin Impact iOS Controller Support
Here are some notes you have to know:
- There is no official controller support on iPhone or iPad version of the game.
- There are no settings for controllers in the game.
- Controller support can be added into Genshin Impact on iOS via an update.
For now, a controller cannot be used in Genshin Impact on Mobile (Android & iOS). You only can use controller support readily available on PC and PS4. Coming to Nintendo Switch soon, too.
Guide to try using third-party controller (Octopus)
If you want to try using third-party controller apps such as Octopus for connecting a controller, so you are able to follow these steps below:
- At the first step, you are able to download the Octopus App from Google Play Store from here.
- After installing the app, please launch the app, and then connect the controller through it.
- After the successful connection of the controller, you have to launch Genshin Impact through the Octopus app. Once the game is launched, you are going to see two eyes popping out from the top of the screen.
- Please click that logo and then on the ‘+‘ button to open a screen depicting the buttons of the controller.
- After that, you have to place your left and right analog pad.
- For mapping keys, you are able to click on the ‘+’ sign and then on the key option. Type the button name and place on whatever functions you wish each key to the place, if it is to attack or to run or to use special skills.
- Now, try mapping the keys in order in which you are acquainted with while using the controller.
- There still be some features which cannot be mapped on controller keys like upgrading weapons or switching characters. For this, you are able to use your touch screen.
- To make the keys disappear from the mobile screen, simply you are able to change the opacity settings from the same interface you used for mapping the game keys.
How to Set Up Controllers in Genshin Impact for PC?
Apparently, there are some methods that you can do to set up controllers in Genshin Impact for PC. The first method, you are able to do that via USB Cable. Another method, you are able to set up controllers in Genshin Impact for PC via Bluetooth Connection. Now, we are going to explain both of them. So, make sure that you do not miss any information.
Via USB Cable
Your controller requires to be plugged into your PC’s USB port for it to be approved. Here is a step by step to set up the controller via USB Cable:
- At the first step, you have to plug the controller’s USB cable into your PC or laptop’s USB port.
- After that, you are able to launch Genshin Impact and then open the Settings page by pressing the Esc key.
- Now, go to Controls, click the drop down menu on Control Type and then choose Controller.
- Via Bluetooth Connection
- If you are using Windows 10, you are able to open the Start Menu and then go to Bluetooth and Other Devices Settings. Next, switch on your Bluetooth connection.
- After that, you have to click Add Bluetooth or other Device, choose Bluetooth and then click Wireless Controller. Please ensure that your wireless controller is turned on and discoverable.
- After you launch Genshin Impact, simply you are able to go to Controls. Click the drop down menu on Control Type and then choose Controller.
- Don’t miss: Fischl Genshin Impact Build Guide, Support & DPS
Advantages of using Controllers in Genshin Impact for PC version
You have to know that Controllers have some advantages. Here are some advantages of using Controllers in Genshin Impact for PC version:
- Important keys close to your fingers.
- Allow you to execute actions faster.
- You also will have better control with moving, thanks to the analog sticks.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…