You may wish to have a customized character in Genshin Impact. When you see the characters in the game, you may have an idea to give several things. Or, you may want to change the accessories, the clothes and other things of the character. But, is it possible to customize your character in Genshin Impact?
Customizing Characters in Genshin Impact
If you expect to have character customization in Genshin Impact where you are able to change the hat, hair, accessories, clothes and the other things of the characters that you like, you may be a little bit disappointed because you cannot do that. In Genshin Impact, you are not able to customize the characters because Genshin Impact does not have this feature. So, the characters that you see and have, they are the fixed characters which the appearance cannot be changed. Nevertheless, all of the playable characters that you can get look good, so it can make you a little bit happy for the fact that you cannot change their appearance.
However, there is something that you can change for your character. It is the skins for the Wind Glider. If you want to change the wind glider, you are able to go into your character menu and then you have to press the icon in the bottom right which looks like a hanger. There, you will see three options available including:
- Wings of First Flight. You are able to unlock this wind glider by completing the Wind Glider tutorial.
- Wings of Companionship. It is the Genshin Impact release reward.
- Wings of Descension. It is a special reward for PS4 players.
After you choose one of the wind gliders above, you can click on Switch.
Besides changing the wind glider, another thing that you can customize is the gender. In the beginning of the game, you are able to choose the gender of your adventurer.
As we know that in Genshin Impact, there is a gacha wish mechanic which is one of the ways that you can do to unlock characters. This is a big part of the game. If the developers of the game add customizing characters feature, there is a chance where players do not interest in the gacha wish system anymore. If so, it means that there will be less money which will be spent on microtransactions.
In Genshin Impact wish is a gacha system. There is one Standard wish which uses Acquaint Fate and one or two event wishes running that use Intertwined fate in the Wishes menu. You are also allowed to purchase one of the Fates for 160 Primogems each.
Changing Party Members in Genshin Impact
Customizing the appearance of the characters in Genshin Impact is impossible, but changing party members is possible to do. Even we can say that changing party members is an important thing. It is because you can customize your party setup and play as new characters that you find on the way to be able to create a good party for your play style.
If you want to change the party members in Genshin Impact and get the new characters, the thing that you have to do is to open the in-game menu. After that, you have to choose the Party Setup option. It can be found in the second one from the left in the top row. In the next screen, you have to choose the character that you want to change. Then, in the next window, the thing that you have to do is to change the new character that you want to put into the party. And then, you have to press the Switch button which is available at the bottom of the screen. And now, you are able to choose between the characters that you want to have in your party.
Another way that you are able to use is the Quick Setup option. This option can be found in the bottom right of the screen. When you change the party members, you have to make sure that you can make as balanced of a party as you can. You can have various elemental characters in the party and also a good mix of swordsmen, mages and archers when changing the party members. Even though there is no perfect party, but Genshin Impact allows you to switch the characters to make you always have a good party which can encounter anything in the game.
Characters in Genshin Impact
If we talk about characters in Genshin Impact, there are a lot of playable characters that you are able to choose. Usually, the characters can be obtained by using Intertwined Fates or Acquaint Fates to perform Wishes.
Besides, there are also the other ways to get characters in the game. Those are listed below.
- You are able to get the starter team character including Kaeya, Amber and Lisa. They are free to obtain early during the Prologue Chapter Archon Quest.
- There are some 4-star characters which may also be bought directly from the monthly Paimon’s Bargains shop in exchange for Masterless Starglitter.
- There are specific characters which are available as rewards for participation in Events either permanently or for a limited duration.
According to Genshin Impact wiki, when this article was being created, there are 26 playable characters. Who are they? You are able to see them below.
- Amber. Her element is Pyro.
- Barbara. Her element is Hydro.
- Beidou. Her element is Electro.
- Bennett. His element is Pyro.
- Chongyun. His element is Cyro.
- Diluc. His element is Pyro.
- Diona. Her element is Cyro.
- Fischl. Her element is Electro.
- Jean. Her element is Anemo.
- Kaeya. His element is Cyro.
- Keqing. Her element is Electro.
- Klee. Her element is Pyro.
- Lisa. Her element is Electro.
- Mona. Her element is Catalyst.
- Nigguang. Her element is Geo.
- Noelle. Her element is Geo.
- Qiqi. Her element is Cyro.
- Razor. His element is Electro.
- Sucrose. Her element is Anemo.
- Tartaglia. His element is Hydro.
- Traveler. The element is adaptive.
- Venti. His element is Anemo.
- Xiangliang. Her element is Pyro.
- Xingqiu. His element is Hydro.
- Xinyan. Her element is Pyro.
- Zhongli. His element is Geo.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…