Minehut is one of the most popular server hosting for the popular game called Minecraft. One of the things that makes it popular is the fact that it is free. Actually, it is not 100% free and there is a premium version of it that will require you to spend some.
Minehut is easy to use and one of a few Minecraft server hosting that allow you to host Minecraft servers for free. You are allowed to host 2 Minecraft servers with up to 10 players for free. If you want to allow more than 10 players or make more than 2 servers, then you are encouraged to purchase credits.
Apparently, Minehut servers only work for Minecraft Java Edition. If you want to make a server for Minecraft Windows 10, mobile, or game consoles, it can be done by using Aternos or Realms. Another option to make it possible is to host your own Minecraft server on your computer.
- Owner: drtshock
- IP: minehut.com
- Website: minehut.com
- Players: 13160/7395
- Version: 1.16
- Rank: 3
- Votes: 9008
- Uptime: 96.6%
- Country: United States
Some people are wondering whether Minehut is safe to use. So, is it safe to use? As Minehut is mainly free to use, unless you purchase a premium version. In fact, a lot of these free to use server hosting services have been known to steal data from players. In some cases, the data has been valuable and has cost people quite a bit. However, it is not the case with Minehut. There has been no report of people stealing any sort of data by this server so far, which explains why it is so popular.
Just because there is no issue yet, does not mean Minehut is totally safe to use. Everyone knows that there is no server hosting service that is completely safe to use. Even though Minehut does not steal the data of the user at all, but the servers of it have still been breached by hackers who have extracted valuable information about a lot of players that use the service. Actually, it has happened on a few occasions before and the people behind the service were blamed for not upgrading their security system, which is quite fair. These issues related to data stealing are not actually in the distant past either and occasionally happened some time ago last year.
Fortunately, it keeps getting better as there has been fewer cases in recent years. It seems like Minehut has finally stepped up their game when it comes to security. There has not a big issue like the ones that happened before for a while now and it is quite safe to think that this service is now a bit safer to use. Even though it is not 100% safe, it is still a secure option and you should not be facing too many issues such as the stealing data issue of the service or the hackers who breach your service.
There are a lot of opinions regarding Minehut. If you are worried to lose your data, then you might want to host your own service, which is also totally free and safer compared to using the external service. The decision is in your hand, as Minehut or any other services are not 100% safe to try out.
If you are interested in Minehut and wants to try it out, here is the guide to make a free Minecraft server using Minehut.
Part 1: Getting an account
- The first thing that should be done is to go to the Minehut homepage and click Login at the top left. For those who already have an account, you will probably be logged in.
- After that, click Sign Up, input the requested information, and click Sign Up. In the end, you will be sent an email verification. Upon getting one, please accept that, and then revisit the page. if you have an account, please enter the details and login.
Part 2: Making your server
- Once the account has been made, it is time to make your server. visit the Create page of Minehut official website.
- Now, you will need to enter a server name.
Part 3: Activating your server
- Whenever you or someone wants to join your server, if it is offline, it will need to be activated. You can go either to the Panel and click Activate Server or join the Minehut Lobby and use /join [server name].
- For those who have used the panel to start the server before, it will take you to the main dashboard of the server, where you are able to run console commands, install plugins, and so on.
Part 4: Installing plugins
- Every plugin on Minehut is free to use. In order to install the plugins, please click Plugins. Scroll down and find the one that you want before click Install Plugin.
- Once all that you want have been installed, restart the server.
Part 5: Server plans
- As stated before, Minehut servers are totally free, unless you want to upgrade the server to allow for more players, plugins, and RAM.
- A higher server plan is recommended if you have a plan on making a public server.
- Feel free to see the plan by visiting the Available Server Plans page at https://minehut.com/shop/plans.
The game named Minecraft has always been a really interesting game in which the players are able to go wild. However, a lot of people agree that it would be more fun if you are playing with a group of friends. The game allows you to do so with the multiplayer feature, and there are tons of different services that help you to get your own servers which are hosted by the service itself.
Feel free to use this for whatever reason that you want to. A few of these servers are excellent and well-known and provide you with a lot of benefits. Minehut is one of the most popular server hosting services.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…