There are some basic TV controls that come with the new Fire Stick and Fire TV remotes. The buttons on your remote that sync with the IR profile of your TV include power on or off button, volume up or down button, and mute button. it should be noted that they do not control the Fire Stick. Instead of controlling, they sync with your TV.
Usually, these TV buttons pair with your TV automatically. However, it is not always the case as it might need to be done manually. If the volume on/off or any of these TV buttons are not working, you can sync the Fire stick remote to them by following these following instructions:
- The first thing that you need to do is to choose Fire stick Settings from the home screen.
- Then, click Equipment Control.
- The next thing that should be done is to select the Manage Equipment option that is shown on the screen.
- After that, click TV on this window.
- The fifth step is to select the Change TV option.
- In the next step, click Change TV when prompted.
- Please wait for a while.
- If Fire Stick detected the TV well, please click YES. In case it did not, please click NO instead.
- If you choose NO, you will be asked to choose the brand of your TV. Choose one and follow the instructions to set up the TV controls that are shown on the screen.
It should be easy for you to sync the Fire Stick remote to TV volume or any other buttons. In case you find it hard, you are encouraged to reach out to the representative of Amazon. The contact can be found on its official website at amazon.com. In addition to that, it might also be a good idea to visit the communities or forums related to Fire Stick or to Amazon in general. In these communities or forums, you will be able to meet people with the same interests or concerns as you. Since most of them can be easily found only, it should not be a problem to find one. Do not hesitate to ask for help.
Aside from the method to sync the Fire Stick remote to TV volume or any other buttons, you might also want to know how to pair a Fire Stick remote. There are a few ways to do that and each of them is different. Before anything, you should make sure that the batteries have been inserted in the remote.
Method 1: Pairing the remote during Fire Stick setup:
The Fire Stick remote needs to be paired when you set it up for the first time after taking it out of the box or after resetting it. Pairing it is important to be able to navigate through the setup process. If you want to pair this remote during the setup, all the thing that you have to do is to press the Play or Pause button on the remote and everything is done just like that.
Method 2: Pairing a new or replacement remote:
If the first remote is damaged or is no longer working properly, getting a new or replacement one is needed. Before using it, it will be needed for you to pair the new one with the device that you have. To be able to do that, here are the steps to follow:
- Firstly, you have to unplug your Fire Stick from the power source.
- When it unplugs, insert batteries in your new remote.
- In the next step, power on your Fire TV Stick after about a minute and please wait for the home screen to load up.
- It is possible for the new remote to get automatically paired after the process of rebooting. To check if it is the case, please try using the remote.
- In case it has not paired automatically, then you have to simply hold down the Home button on your Fire Stick remote. Please do it for 10 to 20 seconds.
- After doing so, you may be notified that the remote has been successfully paired. In case the notification is nowhere to be seen, it is better for you to use the remote to check if it is working.
Method 3: Pairing an additional or second Fire Stick remote:
Apparently, everyone is allowed to use more than one remote controller with Amazon Fire Stick. It is really useful for those who have one that is not that good but refuse to throw it due to certain reasons. Right now, you might want to have a remote that works better than the one that you already have. If you have purchased a second or additional one and do not know how to pair it, below is the guide for you to follow:
- First of all, you should go to the home screen of Fire Stick.
- When you are on the home screen, choose the Settings option found in the menu bar.
- Then, choose and click Controllers & Bluetooth Devices on the following screen.
- On the next window, click Amazon Fire TV Remotes.
- Afterward, choose the Add New Remote option on the screen.
- By doing so, your Fire TV Stick will begin searching for the new remote.
- In this case, all that you have to do is to hold down the Home button located on your new or additional remote. Please do it for at least 10 seconds.
- Once the device has successfully found the new or additional remote, it is time for you to press the SELECT button, which is the middle one, on the old remote in order to confirm the pairing of the new one.
- When everything is done, do not forget to also check whether the new one has been paired. You can do it by trying to use it.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…