For popular games like Destiny 2, it is normal when the servers crash or when the players get errors in the middle of playing the game. If you encounter the same thing while you are playing this game, you must be wondering why the Destiny 2 servers are so bad.
One of the reasons why Destiny 2 servers are so bad is because there are a lot of players that play the game at the same time. Apart from that, there are some possible causes that make the servers turn bad. If you get the error while playing the game called Destiny 2 and you think that it is due to something happens to the servers, you can try these following methods:
Method 1: Connecting to the Destiny 2 server in another time
The Destiny 2 servers can be overloaded and make you fail to connect if there are too many people that connect to the servers of the game during the same period of time. If it is the case, you can try to wait for a while and then try it again at another time. Just by following the suggestion, the issue can be automatically solved.
Method 2: Disabling DHCP for your connection
For those who are connecting to Destiny 2 via Wi-Fi, the chance of you getting the servers not available error in this game is high. In order to fix the issue, you can try to disable DHCP on your computer. To do that, here is every step that you have to follow:
- The first thing that you need to do is to right click on the network icon. If you have no idea where it is, it is located at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Then, click Open Network and Sharing Center. In case this option is nowhere to be seen, the alternative is to click Open Network and Internet settings and then click Network and Sharing Center in Settings.
- Afterward, click Change adapter settings found on the left side of the page.
- Do not forget to right click on the connection that you are currently using and click Properties.
- In the next step, double click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
- Then, choose Use the following IP address and Use the following DNS server addresses.
- After that, enter the IP address and DNS server addresses. Please do it manually.
- Once you are done entering these two, remember to click OK to save.
- Lastly, restart your computer and open the game called Destiny 2 to check if it works.
Method 3: Using the Ethernet connection
Using the Ethernet connection is recommended. The reason why it is recommended is that the game named Destiny 2 needs a more stable and faster internet connection. To fix the issue, you can try to switch to the Ethernet connection on your computer to see if the issue is gone. For those who want to use the Wi-Fi connection or if there is no Ethernet connection that is available, you can follow the following guide to force your computer to connect via Wi-Fi:
- Firstly, right click on the network icon located at the bottom right corner on your screen and then click Open Network and Sharing Center. If you fail to see this, please click Open Network and Internet settings instead and then click Network and Sharing Center in Settings.
- When any of them opens, click Change adapter settings located on the left side of the page.
- The next thing that you have to do is to right click on the connections that you are not using and then choose Disable. Remember that it will be needed for you to repeat this step for any other connections that you are not using.
- By doing so, now your computer will only use the connection via Wi-Fi.
- In the end, restart the game and see if the issue is fixed.
Method 4: Updating your network card driver
The connection issues in your computer can be caused by a missing or outdated network card driver. To prevent the issue from happening, it will be needed for you to keep the network card driver up to date. There are a total of two ways to be able to update the network card driver. The first one is manually and the second one is automatically. If you want to do it manually, you can go to the official website of your network card manufacturer. When you are there, you will have to download and install the newest correct driver into your computer. Do not forget to download the one that is compatible with the Windows OS running on your computer. Before trying this method, keep in mind that it needs time and computer skills.
For those who do not have a lot of time and patience, instead of manually updating the driver, you are suggested to do it automatically. There is a thing known as Driver Easy that can help your work. Driver Easy refers to the tool that will automatically recognize your system and also the one that will find the correct drivers for it. There is a free and a Pro version of it.
If you want to update the network card driver automatically with Driver Easy, below is the guide to follow:
- First of all, you should download and install Driver Easy.
- After installing it, run it and click the Scan Now button. By following the step, the tool will then do its job by scanning your issue drivers.
- In order to automatically download the correct version of this driver, click the Update button located beside the flagged network adapter and then install the driver. Besides, you can also click Update All to download and install every driver that is missing or outdated.
- When you are done, it is time for you to restart your computer to make a change.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…