Discord is one of the best VOIP applications for the gamers. There are many people use Discord as it has an amazing user interface and ever-growing features. Discord is really incredible. Although having a few suggestions, most of the time people do not find any issue with it. But, there are a few exceptions, because there is no app is perfect absolutely.
Recently, there are some people who have troubles like Discord getting stuck on the connecting screen. It means that they cannot access the Discord profile. Also, there are some people who have trouble connecting to voice channels on Discord. This connectivity problem can be really confusing and frustrating.
If you are someone who are facing this problem while using Discord, so you are the right place. Here, we are going to discuss the solutions to fix Discord stuck on the connecting screen and while connecting to the voice channel.
- Discord Stuck on Connecting to Voice Channel. Here’s solution
- Method 1: Restart Everything
- Method 2: Firewall Settings
- Method 3: Check Your VPN
- Method 4: Disconnect From Work or School Network
- Method 5: Change The Voice Region
- Method 6: Disable Quality of Service
- Method 1: Restart
- Method 2: Automatically Set Date/Time
- Method 3: Check Firewall Settings
- Method 4: Uncheck The Proxies
Also, some of you face those problems on Discord Mobile (iPhone & Android). So, you will be relieved to know that most of the solutions explained in this page will work for the Discord Mobile app.
Discord Stuck on Connecting to Voice Channel. Here’s solution
If you are having connectivity problems with voice channels on Discord servers, you are going to get the following errors on your Discord screen:
- Stuck RTC Connection
- ICE Checking
- No Route
Probably, Those sound like different errors, but all of those mean the same thing, which is a failed voice connection. If this is what’s happening with you, so you have to try doing these solutions:
Method 1: Restart Everything
The very first you are able to do in fixing the issue is to restart everything. Everything means your computer, modem, and router. There are some people who have tried this solution, and they are able to solve their problem. So, if you are lucky enough, your problem also will be resolved only by restarting.
Method 2: Firewall Settings
We have already discussed this. Apparently, this solution will also work for voice connectivity problem. What you have to do is ensure that the Discord connection has been allowed in the firewall settings. As if it is not, this will always get in the way of the Discord Voice connectivity.
Method 3: Check Your VPN
For those who are using a VPN, you should know that Discord only works with VPN using User Datagram Protocol (UDP) and not the Transmission Control Protocol (TCP). We get information that several VPNs have the UDP function. If so, you need to find out how you are able to enable it.
Method 4: Disconnect From Work or School Network
If you are connected to work or a school network, probably this be the reason for Discord getting stuck on Voice channel. It is because Discord automatically gets blocked on work or school network.
Therefore, we suggest you to disconnect from those networks; work or a school network and then use your mobile data until you are able to access a public or home network.
Method 5: Change The Voice Region
If the issue is not solved after you follow all the above solutions, now you are able to try changing the region of your server. For note: This is only possible if you are an admin of the server. To change the server region, you need to follow the steps below:
- Firstly, go to that particular server and then click on the Downward arrow in front of the server name.
- After that, you have to click on ‘Server Settings’ in the drop-down menu.
- In the server settings, you are going to see the Server Region below its name. Please change the region and try connecting to the voice channel again.
Method 6: Disable Quality of Service
Another method to solve the issue is disabling the Quality Of Service on the Discord app. This option is by default enabled once you install the Discord app. Now, you are able to disable it by doing these steps below:
- Please open the user settings by clicking on the Settings/cog icon.
- Then, choose the ‘Voice and Video’ option under the App Settings section on the left side of the screen.
- Lastly, you are able to scroll down to discover the option; Enable Quality Of Service High Packet Priority, and turn it off.
Discord Stuck on The Connecting or Main Screen. Here’s solution.
Method 1: Restart
You do not know how many issues can be fixed by only restarting the application. So, most probably you are able to get out of your problem just by restarting your whole system, and then re-launching the application.
Method 2: Automatically Set Date/Time
If restarting did not work for you, now you are able to check if the date/time on your computer is set automatically or not. It is because if you change the date/time on your system manually, the Discord has trouble knowing it. Sometimes, this cause Discord getting stuck on the main screen.
- Don’t miss: How to Mute Zoom Without Muting Computer
Method 3: Check Firewall Settings
Right now, this is something very important. If Discord is not opening on your computer, it may be that your firewall settings are not allowing it to open. Therefore, you have to ensure that you allow Discord through the firewall.
Method 4: Uncheck The Proxies
If none of the above solutions worked for you, now you are able to try this, uncheck the Proxies. You need to ensure that you have not enabled any proxies. To do that, you are able to do these steps below:
- At the first step, go to the ‘Network and Sharing Center’ in the Control Panel.
- Then, click on the ‘Internet Options’ on the lower-left corner of the screen.
- Within Internet properties, you are able to go to ‘Connections’ tab.
- The next step that you have to do is to open the LAN properties by clicking on the ‘LAN settings’ option.
- Lastly, uncheck the proxy server box and then click on OK.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…