If you are playing the Genshin Impact game, now you may be in a stage where you have to find Rime-Worn Crystal. If you want to find this item, of course, you need to know the location that you can visit in the game. There is a region that you have to visit in the game where the enemies in that region can drop Rime-Worn Crystal. Where is it? You can read the explanation below.
The Location of Rime Worn Crystal in Genshin Impact
Rime-Worn Crystal in Genshin Impact is an item which is dropped by enemies in Dragonspine such as Fatui Cicin Mages, Abyss Mages and many more. This is an event item and the rarity is 3 stars. The appearance of this item is pieces of crystals which are obtained from monster habitats on Dragonspine. For your information, this item is only generated at special times.
How to get this item? You are able to get it in The Chalk Prince the Dragon event and it is dropped by Elite Enemies in Dragonspine.
What about Rime-Worn Fragments? These are dropped by enemies in Dragonspine such as Treasure Hoarders, Hilichurls and many more. Different from the Rime-Worn Crystals, the Rime-Worn Fragments are the most common item of these two. It means that you are able to kill regular enemies in Dragonspine so that the enemies will drop this item. You may have to kill a lot of enemies because it is random. However, this item is the easier item that you can complete if we compare to the Rime-Worn Crystals.
Both of them, Rime-Worn Fragments and Rime-Worns Crystals, can be obtained by completing the quest Festering Desire. If you have completed the quest, then you will see that the enemies of Dragonspine will begin to drop these items.
The Rime-Worn Crystals are the rarer if we compare with Rime-Worn Fragments. The Rime-Worn Crystals are described as dropped during special circumstances. It can mean that you have to kill the bigger enemies so that these crystals can drop and maybe you have to do it in the habitat of the monster or you are able to kill them when a Snowstorm is happening. It can be said that it is a special and deadly circumstance.
If you want to get the Rime-Worn Crystals in Snowstorm and you do not prepare, it will make it harder to get the Crystals. It is because if you do not prepare, you will be killed easily by the new Sheer Cold effect. Above your health bar, there will be a new blue bar when Sheer Cold is being accumulated. If it gets to the max, your health will drain. The worse thing is that if it gets zero, your character will die there.
So, if you want to get the Rime-Worn Crystals in the Snowstorm, you have to make sure that you have a preparation before entering it. So, you are able to kill the enemies that drop the Rime-Worn Crystals well and your health will not drain. The preparation that you are able to do is to have a Pyro user on your team or you are able to level up the Frostbearing Tree to get the diagram for the Warming Bottle.
If you have good luck, you may be able to find Scarlet Quartz in the area. If you smash it and get the material, you will be able to get a buff that will be able to help you to reduce the accumulation of Sheer Cold.
For your information, the Rime-Worn Crystals and the Rime-Worn Fragments are part of the Chalk Prince and Dragon event. These types of items are required to complete the event. These items can be found by completing enemies on the Dragonspine region. If you can go outside of the region to other areas such as Mondstadt and Liyue, you will not obtain these items.
On Youtube, there are some videos that you are able to watch about Rime-Worn Crystal and Rime-Worn Fragments. Here are some videos that you can watch.
- A video of HK Gaming World entitled Rime-Worn Crystal / Fragment Location – Genshin Impact which was uploaded on December 22nd, 2020. The duration of the video is 50 seconds and it has been watched more than 8.9k times.
- A video of MonkeyKingHero which the titled is Where to Find Rime-Worn Crystals and Fragments Do in Genshin Impact? – What They Do and Locations which was uploaded on December 23rd, 2020. The duration of the video is 2 minutes and 40 seconds and it has been watched more than 3.2k times.
- A video of Eifin R entitled How to Farm Rime Worn Fragment and Crystal – Genshin Impact which was uploaded on December 23rd, 2020. The duration of the video is 1 minute and 49 seconds and it has been watched more than 4.1k times.
- A video of HK Gaming World entitled How to Use Rime-Worn Crystal / Fragments – Genshin Impact which was uploaded on December 22nd, 2020. The duration of the video is 59 seconds and it has been watched more than 8.1k times.
- A video of BigZif entitled Where to Find Rime-Worn Fragments and Crystals in Dragonspine – Locations and Uses – Genshin Impact which was uploaded on December 23rd, 2020. The duration of the video is 3 minutes and 53 seconds and it has been watched more than 80 times.
Dragonspine Region in Genshin Impact
As explained above, you are able to find the Rime-Worn Crystals by beating enemies in Dragonspine region. But, what region is it? It is a region in Genshin Impact which was released in V1.2. Where is this location? It is located in the south of Mondstadt. Because of this location, this region is recognizable by its citizens as quoted by Mona from the Where Ancient Stars Align event. Dragonspine region is a big mountain. It holds the remains of the venomous dragon called Durin. After the battle with Dvalin, Durin fell here.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…