This page is for you who are looking for the cheat, codes, and some other secrets for Mario Kart Wii for Nintendo Wii, including to unlock a few things. Feel free to try any of the things listed below. Please read the information well so that you can do it successfully.
Unlocking the alternative title screen
If you want to unlock an alternate title screen, the only thing that you should do is to win each and every cup that is available in the game. In the end, the alternate title screen will be shown when the game is started up.
If you want to unlock the medium kart that is known as B-Dasher, it will be needed for you to unlock all 24 expert staff ghost data entries. Below is the list of the times needed to make them unlocked:
- Bowser’s Castle | 03:04.836 | 02.55.017 | 02.42.098
- Coconut Mall | 02:30.764 | 02.24.788 | 02.13.333
- Daisy Circuit | 01:56.822 | 01.48.791 | 01.41.362
- DK’s Snowboard Cross | 02:34.693 | 02.24.725 | 02.17.546
- Dry Dry Ruins | 02:30.949 | 02.21.681 | 02.14.286
- DS Delfino Square | 02:41.807 | 02.33.107 | 02.24.169
- DS Desert Hills | 02:10.233 | 02.01.141 | 01.52.686
- DS Peach Gardens | 02:34.894 | 02.29.006 | 02.16.777
- DS Yoshi Falls | 01:16.461 | 01.12.901 | 01.09.175
- GBA Bowser Castle 3 | 02:58.304 | 02.50.637 | 02.39.391
- GBA Shy Guy Beach | 01:45.568 | 01.39.255 | 01.32.867
- GCN DK Mountain | 02:57.744 | 02.50.248 | 02.38.130
- GCN Mario Circuit | 01:59.771 | 01.55.267 | 01.49.939
- GCN Peach Beach | 01:34.233 | 01.30.698 | 01.23.140
- GCN Waluigi Stadium | 02:32.882 | 02.24.645 | 02.12.367
- Grumble Volcano | 02:28.237 | 02.19.524 | 02.11.852
- Koopa Cape | 03:03.022 | 02.54.897 | 02.41.370
- Luigi Circuit | 01:29.670 | 01:24.957 | 01:19.419
- Maple Treeway | 02:58.633 | 02.50.229 | 02.37.812
- Mario Circuit | 01:44.777 | 01.39.183 | 01.33.702
- Moo Moo Meadows | 01:37.856 | 01.33.571 | 01.25.909
- Moonview Highway | 02:16.802 | 02.07.016 | 02.04.163
- Mushroom Gorge | 02:16.110 | 02.05.494 | 02.01.011
- N64 Bowser’s Castle | 03:19.323 | 03.06.723 | 02.55.933
- N64 DK’s Jungle Parkway | 02:58.264 | 02.49.028 | 02.37.782
- N64 Mario Raceway | 02:14.799 | 02.07.915 | 01.59.053
- N64 Sherbet Land | 02:48.651 | 02.37.784 | 02.28.356
- Rainbow Road | 03:05.895 | 02.59.293 | 02.44.734
- SNES Ghost Valley 2 | 01:06.595 | 01.03.752 | 00.58.907
- SNES Mario Circuit 3 | 01:38.880 | 01.34.828 | 01.26.659
- Toad’s Factory | 02:22.480 | 02.12.784 | 02.05.593
- Wario’s Gold Mine | 02:19.583 | 02.14.932 | 02.04.800
For anyone who wants to get the maximum starting boost, all that you have to do is to hit and hold A until the race starts. It should be done as soon as the 2 starts to fade in the countdown at the start of the race.
Playing the same character
If you are dreaming of play the same characters as your friends in splitscreen multiplayer, the first player has to select and then deselect the character that is wanted by everyone to be played as. Then, the next player should do the same, which is selecting and deselecting the same character. Feel free to do it to as many as the players. After selecting and deselecting the same character, the next thing is to reselect the character selection screen. In the end, all the players should have their icons on the same preselected character.
Everyone is able to add starts to their profile name while Wi-Fi racing. If you find it amusing and want to try it, it can be done by completing Grand Prix races with a specific rank. If you see one star on your profile, it means you have earned one star ranking on all Grand Prix races. The meaning of a two star profile is that you have earned a two star ranking on all Grand Prix races. As for a three star profile, it means you have earned a three star ranking on all Grand Prix races.
Dodging red and green shells
There are a few good techniques to dodge the red and green turtle shells while racing. For dodging the red shells, you will need to put a banana behind you. Feel free to either dropping it there or holding it there. The both the red shell and the banana meet, its effects will be nullified, giving you a chance to proceed with the race unhindered.
If you want to dodge the green shells, the same technique that is used for the red shell is able to be use as long as the shell is coming straight at you or is bounced off a wall. If it is not the case, you are recommended to use the three shell weapon instead. In these situations, red or blue shells are the ones that will protect you from the green shells.
Dodging blue shells
Using any kind of mushroom is the best technique to use when you are trying to dodge blue shells that are targeted at you when you are in the first place. You are suggested to use the mushroom when the blue shell starts to rise over you in order to avoid its blast. The most important thing here is the timing.
Getting attacked by a POW can be one of the most disappointed things. Actually, the situation can be avoided if you flick upward your steering wheel or Wii remote. By doing so, you will spin around and you will lose all the items that you have equipped. However, you will not slow down and will be able to avoid getting struck with a POW.
Finding the gold colored steering wheel
To be able to find a gold colored steering wheel icon located next to your name when you play the game online, you can use the steering wheel that comes with the game extensively instead of using the Wii controller or a GameCube controller. It is as easy as that.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…