Granting the wishes of many people, Snapchat has finally released a hands free option to record videos in the app. To be updated to the newest version, this feature needs the Snapchat app. For those who have not done it in a while, now it is your time to do it.
The newest function works by recording multiple videos of 10 seconds each, for maximum 6 videos and 60 seconds total, and then combining them together. Once the app has been updated, please follow these following steps to use the hands free recording on Snapchat.
- The first thing that you will need to do is to open the app named Snapchat.
- Then, start recording a video as you usually do by holding down the record button that is able to be found at the bottom of the screen.
- As soon as you begin recording, do not forget to pay attention to a small lock symbol that will show up beside the record button. Keep in mind that the bottom is located at the left side for Android phones and at the bottom of the recording button for the iOS devices. Please slide the finger in the direction of the lock button and release your finger.
- Doing so will make the record button show a stop symbol within it. If you want to stop recording at any point, you can just click the button.
What should you do to zoom in while recording hands free? it might be against the whole point of recording hands free, but you might need this information.
While you are recording in Snapchat by using the lock recording function, you can slide the finger up the screen (at any point) if you want to zoom in, and then slide back down if you want to zoom out. It is the copy of the popular Zoom effect that you usually find in the TikTok videos.
What do you get? You are allowed to only record a video for 60 seconds at a time. Basically, 6 videos of 10 seconds, combined together. Once the time has reached 60 seconds, the app will stop the recording and bring up the video to view.
Once the recording has been stopped, feel free to edit the video in some ways within the app itself. Apparently, you are able to set up AR filters just like you would usually do is you were recording it without using the hands free function.
After recording, you can swipe left or right in order to access a gallery of effects that you are able to apply to the video. On top of that, you are even able to speed the video up or slow it down by using these effects.
For those who want to reduce the length of the video, all that should be done is to trim the ends simply by adjusting the slider at the beginning and the end of the video.
As you have a video with 60 second long, you are free to decide where you want to split it and into how many parts. Here is the guide to split the Snapchat video into smaller parts:
- First of all, you will have to tap on the video of the recording. The location of this preview is in the bottom left of the screen.
- Once you have tapped it, hold and swipe up from the point that you want to split the snap at. In the preview, you will be able to see that the snap has now split.
- As another option, you can always download the video and edit it in your favorite video editor. It can be done by tapping the Save button that can be found at the bottom of the screen.
As everyone has been waiting for the lock recording button since forever, the release of it was really welcomed. Even though it has been released, it does not mean people are satisfied. It still needs to be improved. As stated before, there is a time limit of recording so many people hope that Snapchat can lift the time restrictions on the video recording in the future updates. To get the newest update, you are recommended to follow the social media accounts of Snapchat.
So, have you tried to record a video by using the Snapchat hands free feature? If the answer to the question is no, then what are you waiting for? Try it now and share your experience. It’s always exciting to try a new thing. In case you have a hard time while using this feature, do not hesitate to seek help. You can try to reach out to the representative of Snapchat through their social media or through customer support, which the contact is able to be found on the official website of Snapchat. Aside from that, there are a lot of communities or forums that usually discuss this topic. You can just join the discussion and hope someone knows the answer to your problem.
Since the beginning, everyone has wanted a video recording app. People have been demanding for this feature since the app was released for the first time in 2011. Snapchat has introduced a lot of features since the release, but they never heard about this basic demand.
Snapchat was included as one of the first to introduce some different kinds of AR filters. Then, Instagram and Facebook followed its path. These filters make the normal videos more alive and do a really great job. On the other hand, for those who are looking for the thing that can record yourself dancing into some songs, playing the instrument, or doing something that needs you to be away from your phone, Snapchat is not recommended.
In addition, Snapchat offers an array of rear camera filters just waiting to be used, so how about try them out?
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…