It is possible to find an annoying person in social media including in Snapchat. If it happens, you may want to block that person on Snapchat, but you do not know what will happen if you do that. Below, you are able to read the information about what will happen if you block someone on Snapchat.
The Things That Will Happen If You Block Someone on Snapchat
You may want to block someone on Snapchat since the person may be annoying to you, but you may not know what will happen if you do that. Especially, you are afraid that the person may know that you block them.
According to the Nerds Chalk site, here are the things that will happen if you block someone on Snapchat.
- You will not get snaps from the person that you block. If you block a person, their chat page remains the same which means that technically they can send you messages. However, it is important for you to note that you will not receive the messages that they send. For the blocked person, they will see their message to you as an unread message. Also, you will not get any notification of the chats which are sent to you from that person. If the blocked person sends you a snap, they will see it delivered. However, you will not get a notification of the same. The way blocking person works on Snap chat like this helps protect the blocker by not letting the blocked person know that they are blocked.
- The blocked person is still able to view your snaps. However, you may wonder whether blocking a person will cause an unopened Snap to be removed. The answer for this question is now. You need to know that if the snap is unopened when the person is blocked, they are still able to open and view the snap. However, after the snap expires after 24 hours, they will not be able to see that snap anymore.
- Messages or Snaps which are sent will not go through. If the person that you block has sent messages to you after you have blocked them and then you were to unblock them at some point, the message which is sent will not be delivered to you. However, for the blocked person, it will appear as unread messages and you will not receive the message. It also happens when the person that you block sent you a snap while they were blocked. The snap will not be visible to you after you unblock them. For the person that you block, it will appear as unread and you will not get notification that the person has sent you a snap.
- The person that you block cannot add you back. Let’s say that you have blocked someone. If so, they are not able to tell that they have been blocked which means that you are still on their friend list, but they are not on yours. If they have been on your friend list, there is no option to add the person again. If you want to add that blocked person back to your friend list is to unlock them and then send them a friend request. Let’s say that you unblock them. If so, they cannot send you a friend request themselves.
- The person that you block will be removed from your best friends. Let’s say that you block someone. If so, your interaction with them is zero. For your information, to rank your friendship, Best friends and Snapstreaks rely on interaction. Because your interaction is reduced to zero, so the person that you block will be deleted from your Best Friends automatically. Let’s say that you unblock that person and re-friend them. If you do that, you will need to start your interaction from the start which means that you cannot maintain your previous Snapstreaks if you had them.
- The person that you block will not know that you block them. It is because Snapchat does not send any notification to the person that they are blocked. So, the blocker is saved. If the person that you block sends you a chat message or snap, it will go through as if they are not blocked.
- You will not be able to get screenshots notifications. Let’s say that the person that you block screenshots your chats. If so, you will not get the notification. However, the notification that they have a screenshot will appear on their side.
- For you, chats will be deleted, but for the blocked person, it is not deleted. When you block a person on Snapchat, they are removed from your account which means that their chat also will be deleted. You can check your chats page and you will find that there is not any trace of the person. However, for the person that you block, they will see that the chats look as they were without any changes.
- If you send a snap and then the person is blocked, the person that you block will still get the snap as if nothing happened. They are able to open and see the snap even though they are blocked. However, they cannot Snapback.
The Steps to Block Someone on Snapchat
According to the Business Insider site, here are the steps that you have to do if you want to block someone on Snapchat.
- The first thing that you have to do is to open the Snapchat app on your phone and then you have to sign into your account.
- Then, you need to swipe to the right to open your Friends screen.
- Now, you have to find the person that you want to block and tap on it and hold their name.
- And then, you have to choose More.
- At last, you have to tap Block.
Let’s say that the person that you want to block is not on your Friend list. If so, you have to search for them by tapping the magnifying glass beside the word ‘Friends’ at the top of the screen and typing their username. After you find them, then you are able to tap and hold on their name, choose More and hit Block.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…