Do you have memes, cooking recipe images or videos, or something personal but do not want to get rid of them? Luckily, iOS 14 has a solution for you for these kinds of content. The thing is known as a hidden folder. Here is how you can hide images and videos in the Photos app on iOS 14:
- The first thing that you will need to do is to open Photos.
- When you are in either the Days, All Photos, or standard Albums view, please tap on the Select button.
- Then, tap on the picture or video that you want to hide.
- Aside from that, another option is to tap Select which is located in the top right corner and choose some photos or videos.
- The next thing that should be done is to tap the Share button that is able to be found in the lower left corner.
- After that, scroll down and tap on the Hide button.
- Lastly, confirm everything by tapping the Hide Photo button. You can also tap the Cancel button in case you change your mind.
If anyone wants to unhide the photos or videos in the Photos app, here is everything that you need to do:
- Firstly, launch the Photos on the iPhone or iPad.
- When it launches, tap Albums.
- You will have to scroll down to the bottom and tap on Hidden.
- The next thing that should be done is to scroll down to the bottom and tap on Hidden.
- Afterward, select any photos or videos that you want to unhide.
- Once you have made a decision, tap the Share button.
- Finally, scroll down and tap Unhide.
Hidden photos and hidden videos will not show up in the camera roll, but they are all able to be easily accessed by viewing the folder named Hidden. If you want to find the Hidden album in iOS 14, here are the instructions that you will need to follow:
- First of all, open Photos.
- Once it is opened, tap the Albums tab.
- Please scroll to the bottom of the page.
- In the end, you can tap the Hidden folder.
Now, the Hidden Album will show up in the Utilities section of the Photos app. Letting it on makes for a comfortable way to save your photos and videos on hand be a handful for cleaning up the camera roll. Feel free to view any hidden photos or videos that you have placed on your phone before.
For those who want to hide the Hidden album in iOS 14, please follow these following steps:
- First, open Settings.
- Then, scroll down and tap Photos.
- After tapping Photos, you will have to scroll down and toggle off Hidden Album.
There are several reasons behind hiding photos and videos on your iPhone. You might have photos or videos that you do not want to be seen by people when you scroll through the gallery on the bus. Or you have photos and videos that you want to keep on your hand and do not clog up the camera roll.
The third party solutions can be found easily, but Apple has finally implemented the feature in full in iOS 14. It means you are able to easily store photos or videos out of sight by using the new Hide feature on your iPhone or iPad without having to install any apps.
What does hiding a photo do? When you hide the photos or videos from your Photos library, they will effectively disappear from the main photos and videos view, which includes Collections, Moments, and Years. However, they will still be available in the Albums and searches.
Where is the location of the Hidden album? The Hidden album is able to be found in the Photos app, in the Albums tab, right at the bottom. However, there is a possibility of you not seeing it. Do not worry, the real situation is that Apple gives you the option to hide the Hidden album as well. In case you do not see it, it means you can follow the guide to find it above.
If you have something secret and do not want people to find it out and you want to remove everything, you are able to delete it. In the Photos menu, please tap a photo or video, and then tap Delete or the trash bin icon so that you can delete a photo from your iPhone or the other devices by using the iCloud Photos account. Keep in mind that the deleted photos and videos are kept in the Recently Deleted album for 30 days, where they are able to be recovered or removed permanently from all devices.
If you have a plan to remove or permanently delete the deleted photos or videos, here is what should be done:
- First thing first, go to the Albums tab, then tap Recently Deleted which is located under Utilities.
- When you are there, tap Select, and then select the photos or videos that you want to recover or delete.
- After that, select Recover or Delete which is able to be found at the bottom of the screen.
The users of iPhone and iPad have been asking for methods to hide photos and videos from the main camera roll in the Photos app for years. The third party offers the apps with the same capability but it is different. It is a bit too complicated as they have to install the apps that might take too much storage. Now, everyone is satisfied with the release of the Hidden album feature with the iOS 14.
As stated before, there are tons of reasons why people want to hide photos or videos. Some of them think that these contents are only meant for specific people to see or you have screenshots that you want to keep but you do not want to turn the Photos library into a mess.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…