For anyone with the 3rd generation of Apple TV who wants to get Disney Plus, there is a sad news for you. Unfortunately, Disney Plus does not your Apple TV. It means you will not find it as a stand alone app and you will not find its content in the TV app.
However, it is not the end, as you are still able to play it on your Apple TV from your screen mirroring and everything works fine. If you want to do so, you can just open the Control Center of your iPhone, tap on the Screen Mirroring and select the Apple TV. After that, you will be able to open your Disney Plus app and play your content. Before anything, keep in mind that the app called Disney Plus is compatible with all iOS device that are capable of running iOS 11 or higher. On the other words, it will not be available with any devices running iOS 10 and below. It could be an issue if you have an old iOS device that is being used for a kind to watch content. As of now, Disney does not have any plans to make the streaming app like Disney Plus compatible with the devices running iOS 10 or older.
Apart from that, you can also take benefit of AirPlay. If you want to use it, you will need to install the app on your iPhone. Once you have installed it, here is the method to make it works to your Apple TV:
- First of all, you will need to make sure that your iPhone or iPad meet the minimum requirements when it comes to the operating systems. If not, you are required to update your devices to the newest iOS and the AirPlay feature should run optimally.
- Then, download the Disney+ app on your mobile device.
- Once it has been downloaded, open it and choose the film or TV show that you want to watch.
- The next step is to turn the AirPlay ON on your device by clicking Apple Menu > clicking System Preferences > clicking Displays > and ticking the box that says Showing mirroring options in te menu bar when available.
- Do not forget to make sure that the AirPlay is also turned ON on the same mobile device and that both of them share the same Wi-Fi network. It can be done by opening Settings, tapping Wi-Fi, making note of the network, and checking against the Apple TV.
- After clicking the AirPlay icon located in the top right hard corner, you are able to choose the Apple TV from the options.
- In the end, you should be able to see the Disney+ content showing up on your TV screen.
As long as everything is working properly, the content that you want to see will start playing on your Apple TV from your iPhone. In case you have a problem with Apple AirPlay or Disney Plus, do not hesitate to contact Digi Helpdesk on freephone 0800 433 7963.
Currently, Disney Plus is not available with all models of the Apple TV. This app is only supported on:
- Apple TV 4K with model number A1842. This one was released in 2017.
- Apple TV HD, which is also known as the Apple TV 4th generation. The model number of it is A1625. It was released in 2015.
The devices that are not supported by Disney Plus include?
- Apple TV (3rd generation) that was released in 2012. The model number of it is A1427 or A1469. Even though Disney Plus is not supported, you can still enjoy all the contents on Disney Plus through AirPlay.
- Apple TV (2nd generation), which was released in 2010. The model number of it is A1378. Just like the third generation, you can still enjoy all the contents on Disney Plus through AirPlay even though the Disney Plus is not supported.
- Apple TV (1st generation), that was released in 2007. The model number of it is A1218. Unlike the two devices that are not supported Disney Plus, you cannot enjoy the contents on Disney Plus even with the help of AirPlay.
Disney is trying is best to get its new streaming service into everyone hands. Aside from the Apple TV, here is the list of the devices that are compatible with Disney Plus:
- Android TV
- Apple TV
- Chrome OS
- Amazon Fire TV
- LG TV’s
- Xbox One
- iPhone and iPad
- Amazon Fire Tablets
- Android Phones and Tablets
If your device is supported by Disney Plus, then you can just download the app. As you can guess, the process for downloading this app is really easy and simple. Before getting started, you will need to set up your account with Disney in order to get the streaming as soon as possible.
- Firstly, go to the Disney+ sign up page by using your iPad, iPhone, or a computer and web browser.
- Then, choose either Start Free Trial or Buy Now.
- Once it is selected, input your email and make a secure password.
- Lastly, start the free trial.
When everything is done, it is time for you to go to the Apple TV and download the app itself. To do so, here is step by step:
- In the beginning, open the App Store on your Apple TV.
- When it opens, look for Disney+.
- After that, click the Download button.
- Once the process of downloading is completed, you will need to enter your previously created login information.
If it is also done, you will be able to enjoy a 7 day free trail of the service so that you are able to enjoy the contents provided by Disney Plus. After 7 days is passed, you will be charged $6.99 per month if you still want to continue enjoying the services that you have enjoyed for free before.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…