You may want to stop the charges of iTunes since you want to stop using it or for the other reasons. If you want to stop the charges from iTunes or you want to contact iTunes to dispute the charge, there are some methods that you are able to do as explained below.
Stopping iTunes Charges By Cancelling Subscriptions
If you mind being charged by iTunes, then you are able to cancel the subscriptions. How to do that? You are able to follow the steps below.
- First, you have to view your subscriptions under your account settings. If you use iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, you have to click on your name under the Settings and then click on iTunes and App Store. Usually, you need to enter your Apple ID and then scroll down to Subscriptions.
- Then, you have to choose the subscription that you want to manage. Tapping on Subscriptions will show you a list of your subscriptions. You have to scroll through the list and then tap on the subscription that you want to cancel. When you choose your subscription, you will be given the details about the subscription including the date it renews and the amount that you have to pay for the subscription.
- Here, you have to click on Cancel Subscription to stop future billing. In the page of the subscription information, you are able to scroll through various options to manage your subscription. Below the options, there is a red link which says ‘Cancel Subscription.’After you tap the link to cancel the subscription, there will be a confirmation box. You have to tap on Confirm if you are sure that you want to cancel the subscription. You may also have to enter your Apple ID again. It is important for you to note that your subscription will cancel automatically at the end of the billing cycle on the date which is listed on the page. If you still have time left before the end of the billing cycle, you will still be able to access the content during that time.
- If you are not billed through Apple, you are able to contact the content provider directly. It is because there are some apps and services which are bought through the App Store which are billed directly rather than through Apple using your Apple ID. If you want to find the contact information, you are able to search online for the content provider’s address.
Stopping iTunes Charges By Requesting a Refund
There are some cases where Apple users are charged from something that they do not buy. This case can happen because you may buy it accidentally, or others have access to your device and many other reasons. Or, you may find that something that you bought from iTunes has problems. If so, you are able to request a refund.
- The first thing that you have to do is to view your purchase history under your account settings. After that, on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch, you have to open Settings and then click on your name. After that, you must go to iTunes & App Store. Tap to view your Apple ID. You will be asked to enter your password. You have to scroll down to Purchase History and then tap it.
- Here, you have to choose the purchase that you want to refunded. You have to scroll through your purchase history until you find the purchase that you want to dispute. You have to click on that purchase to choose it. Make sure that you check the date when the purchase was made. It is because Apple only offers refunds for purchases which were made in the last 90 days.
- Next thing that you have to do is to click on the Report a Problem link. At the bottom of the page, after all the details about them, there is a link which says ‘Report A Problem’. If that link is clicked, you will be brought to the Report a Problem site where you are able to provide Apple with more details and request a refund. What should we do if we do not see the Report A Problem link at the bottom of the page. It means that the particular item is not eligible for a refund.
- Here, you have to choose the reason why you want a refund. And then, you have to submit your request. There is a list of reasons you may want a refund in a drop down menu on the Report a Problem page. You have to choose the one which is suitable to your situation. If you did not authorize the purchase, you will be brought to iTunes Store support to be able to speak to a customer service. If you need a refund because you did not mean to buy the item, or you meant to buy a different item, you have to give additional details about it. A refund may be given to you or Apple may exchange the item that you bought for the item you meant to buy. For some cases, you will be brought to contact the developer directly. For instance, you may download an app and it does not work well, so you will have to work with the developer to solve the issue before a refund is issued.
- Now, the thing that you have to do is just waiting for a response from Apple. If you have submitted your report, a customer service from Apple support will review the information that you send and then they will decide whether to issue a refund based on the policies of the company. Depending on how you set your contact preferences, you may get a call or email. Usually, you will be responded to by Apple in a few days to a week. If the Apple support needs additional information from you to verify the reason for your request, you will be contacted by a customer service. If you are issued a refund, you will have to wait about 2 or 3 days to process before it shows up on your bank account or credit card.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…