Apple offers many ways to support or help the customers. Live chat support is one of them. With it, you are able to message the contact support team of Apple through its website. A lot of people prefer this option to get help from the support team of Apple because it is faster to get the response.
Steps to Chat Apple Support
If you want to chat with Apple support to be able to get a faster response, you are able to follow the steps below.
- The first thing that you have to do is to visit the Apple website.
- When you are on the website, you have to click on the Support.
- Then, you need to click on the Contact Support at the top menu bar.
- In this step, you have to click on Talk To Us or it may be Tell Us How We Can Help.
- Here, you are able to choose a product or service. Let’s take an example. If you are facing an issue with your iPhone, then you have to click on iPhone. If you are facing an issue with your Apple ID, you are able to click on Apple ID. Then, you need to choose the specific iPhone problem issue that you are facing such as the battery, Apple ID, back-up, or Wifi issue. You are also able to look for topics.
- After that, you will be asked a more specific issue which you are facing. If you find that your issue is not listed there, you are able to choose the Topic Is Not Listed option. By choosing it, you will be asked to describe your issue in the next screen.
- Next, you have to choose how you like to get help. If you want to choose the live chat option, you are able to choose the Chat. The page also will inform you how much you have to wait.
- Then, you must log in with your Apple ID and password. Alternatively, you are able to enter your products serial or IMEI number. Do you know how to find your serial number? Let’s take an example. If you have a problem with your Mac, then you are able to find the serial number of your Mac by accessing Apple menu and then go to About This Mac. Alternatively, if you are facing an iPhone issue, the serial number of your iPhone can be found by accessing the Settings and then going to General. After that, access About.
After you follow the steps above, you may have to wait for a few minutes to be able to talk with the support person. When you are connected, there will be a live chat representative who will ask you to be able to describe your issue. After you describe your issue, then the representative person will do their best to be able to talk you through the possible solutions.
Steps to Call Apple Customer Support by Phone
In the above steps, you are able to follow how to live chat with contact support agents of Apple. However, as explained above that live chatting is not the only way that you can do to contact Apple support. Apple has the other options to be able to help the customers. Calling Apple customer support through the phone is one of them. How to call Apple customer support by phone to get help?
You are able to call the customer support of Apple at 1-800-275-2273 in the United States. When you call this number, you have to prepare the serial number of your device so that it will not waste your time. Do you know how to find the serial number of your Apple devices such as iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch or Apple Watch? The thing that you have to do is to go to the Settings. After that, you have to choose General and then choose About. There, you will be able to see the serial number of your device under the Model Number.
If you want to find the serial number of your Mac, you have to click on the Apple icon at the top left corner of your screen and then you have to click on About This Mac. Then, there will be the serial number of your Mac at the bottom of the pop-up window.
Steps To Find Your Local Apple Store
If you think that it is better for you to go to the local Apple store to meet and talk directly with the expert there, you can do that by finding the closest Apple location. Go to apple.com/retail and then you have to choose your state from the drop-down menu which can be found at the top of the window. After that, you have to choose your local Apple store from the next drop-down menu. On that page, you will be shown the hours of your local Apple Store and it permits you to schedule an appointment to have your device repaired.
If you want to make an appointment for a repair, you have to scroll down and then choose Set Up A Repair. After that, you have to follow the instructions on the screen to be able to choose your device and you also have to tell the reasons why you are bringing it in for repair. At the end, you have to choose the Bring In For Repair option. If the Bring In For Repair option cannot be found, you are able to go back and then choose another reason. Also, you may be asked to enter your Apple ID and also the password to continue.
Next, you have to choose your device and then you have to enter its serial number. Or, you are able to click on Skip This Step. After that, you are able to look for the closest Apple Store by using your current location. Or, you are able to enter a zip code or address. After you choose a location, you are able to choose an available time and date to bring your item in for being repaired or you can return it.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…