You may find that your dishwasher suddenly does not work properly where you find that it is not draining and the heavy light is flashing. What should we do if this thing happens? Here, you are able to read the information about the meaning of this error and how to fix it.
Fixing Samsung Dishwasher Heavy (Models Without Express 60) Light Is Flashing
If you find that the heavy (models without Express 60) light is flashing in your Samsung dishwasher, then according to the Samsung Support website, the meaning of it is because the leak sensor of the dishwasher finds moisture. If this happens, you will find that the dishwasher will turn itself on and then it will not turn off. While it is happening, it will be trying to drain the water away.
If you see there is a leak, then you can fix it by accessing Samsung Support about Samsung Dishwasher Is Leaking for fixing it. However, if you are sure that there is not a leak, you can fix it based on the situation that you are encountering.
- If the dishwasher was recently moved, there may be some water which may have splashed near the sensor. So, the thing that you must do is to give it time to dry. If you feel that the noise of the dishwasher is annoying, unplugging it or turning it off at the circuit breaker can be done by you.
- Have you recently connected the dishwasher to the disposal of garbage? If so, you have to make sure that you remove the garbage disposal cap.
- You also need to make sure that the detergent dispenser has not been overfilled or extra detergent added outside of the dispenser.
If you have done the things above, but nothing can help you, you are able to visit the Support Center of Samsung and then request service.
Fixing Samsung Dishwasher Heavy (Models With Express 60) Light Is Flashing
If the heavy (models with Express 60) light is flashing in your Samsung dishwasher, the meaning is that in the dishwasher there is too much water. Often, it is related to a drain issue. So, you are able to do the things below.
- First, you have to inspect the drain connection of the dishwasher at the sink.
- Then, you have to check the hose of the drain.
- After that, you need to run water in the sink that the dishwasher is connected to.
- And now, you are able to clean the drain, filter and sump in the tub.
Fixing Samsung Dishwasher Heavy, Delicate, Quick Light Is Flashing
The meaning of this light is that the temperature sensor is failing. So, the first thing that you can do to fix it is to empty the dishwasher. Then, you need to add detergent and then run a normal cycle. If you find that the error still happens, you can turn off power to the dishwasher at the circuit breaker and then you can access the Support Center to request service.
Fixing Samsung Dishwasher Heavy, Delicate, and Smart Auto Light Is Flashing
If you find that the heavy, delicate and smart auto light of your Samsung dishwasher is flashing, the meaning is that the temperature sensor is failing. To fix this, you have to empty the dishwasher and then detergent must be added and then run a normal cycle.
Fixing Samsung Dishwasher Heavy, Quick+, and Smart Auto Light Is Flashing
If you find that Heavy, Quick+ and Smart Auto lights are flashing, the meaning is that the temperature sensor is failing and you can fix it by emptying the dishwasher. After emptying the dishwasher, you can add detergent and run a normal cycle. If the issue is still happening, you can turn of power to the dishwasher at the circuit breaker and then access the Support Center to get service.
Several Reasons Of Why Samsung Dishwasher Is Not Draining
There are some reasons why your Samsung dishwasher is not draining and here are some of them according to How To Fix It.
- The first reason, it can be because the drain hose is clogged. For your information, the drain hose permits all of the dirty and used water from your dishwasher to flow out into your household plumbing. Usually, the dishwasher is placed in the kitchen. So, the drain hose is connected to the same drain as the sink. Or, it may share one with the garbage disposal. To fix it, you can inspect the whole length of the drain hose of the dishwasher. You also have to make sure that there is no part of the hose which is kinked. After that, you can remove the hose to check that there are no blockages such as the rest of food bits or other things which come from the garbage disposal. The last thing to do is to check to make sure that you have removed the knockout plug, particularly if you have just installed new garbage disposal.
- Check valve which has been worn out can also be the reason why your Samsung dishwasher is not draining. So, do you know the function of this check valve? The function is for making sure that water only flows one way, namely away from the dishwasher. Any dirty water will be prevented from flowing back into the dishwasher instead. So, how to fix it? The valve can be cleaned and you have to put it back. By doing it, it may clean away any dirt or debris which is causing the valve to be stuck in the closed position. However, it is important for you to know that if the check valve still causes problems even after you have cleaned it, it is better for you to replace it with a new part.
- The Samsung dishwasher is not draining because the drain pump is failing. You can see a drain pump of your dishwasher at the bottom. For your information, this component forces all of the used water out of the dishwasher using an impeller. To do this, it pushes the water through the drain hose to your household plumbing. To fix it, you can check it for any blockages. Then, the drain pump must be cleaned and you have to remove any foreign objects or buildups of food there. You can also replace the pump with a new pump.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…