Do you have a WebP file on your PC? If so, you may now want to open it in word. But, how to do that? Well, actually, you are able to open a WebP file in Word by using a converter. There are a lot of online converters that you are able to use for converting WebP files to Word.
Opening WebP File By Converting It To Word Using Online Converter
If you access an online converter for WebP to Word, you will be able to find a lot of results. So, you are able to choose one of the online converters that you find that you can use for converting WebP files to Word. Below, we explain two online converters that can be your option for converting your WebP file to Word.
The first online converter that you are able to use to convert webp to word is Online Convert that you are able to access at onlineconvert.com. The use of this online tool is very easy. But, if you are afraid that you make any mistake, you are able to follow the steps below to convert WebP file to word.
- The first thing that you have to do is to upload a WebP file. You have to choose files from your computer, Google Drive, Dropbox, URL or you are able to drag them on the page.
- After uploading the WebP file, you have to choose Word. You have to choose the output Word or any other format that you want as the conversion result. And then, you have to click on the Convert button.
- At last, you are able to download your Word file. If the conversion process is done, you are able to download your word file and then you are able to upload it to Dropbox or Google Drive.
Another online tool that you are able to use for converting WebP to Word is Convertio that you are able to access at convertio.co. Basically, if you want to convert a WebP file to Word in any online tool is the same. But, you may be afraid to make a mistake on the site. So here, we provide you the steps to convert your WebP file to Word.
- The first thing that you have to do is to upload your WebP file. You can choose the file from your computer, Google Drive, Dropbox, URL or you can drag the file to the converter page of Convertio.
- Next, the thing that you have to do is to choose a Doc. You have to choose Doc (Word) or any other format that you want. It is important for you to know that it can support more than 200 formats.
- And now, you have to wait for the tool to convert the file. If the process of conversion is done, you are able to download the result.
Beside converting WebP file to word or to any other formats, you can also do the other conversion. You are able to see in the menu above of the home page that it has some other converters including audio converter, video converter, presentation converter, image converter, font converter, document converter, ebook converter and archive converter.
What Is a WebP File?
You may have just seen the WebP file recently so that you do not know much about this file. Well, according to How TO Geek site, WebP file is the sister project of WebM video container format and it is based on the VP8 video codec which is developed by On2 Technologies which was released by Google. It is an image format which employs both lossy and lossless compression. WebP utilizes predictive compression to be able to encode an image which checks the values in neighboring blocks of pixels to be able to predict the values in a block. Then, it will only encode the difference between them. In addition, in the How To Geek site, it is described that it permits pixels to be copied a lot of times throughout a single file and redundant data is removed from each block. The WebP lossless images are 26% smaller than PNG files and it is up to 34% smaller than lossy JPEG files at the same structural similarity.
You may wonder how to be able to open this file. As explained earlier that this file is developed by Google and it is royalty free. So, it has already been integrated into a lot of applications and software that you may already have on your PC. To handle this format, most web browsers even already have the required plugin.
How to Open WebP Files?
The images of WebP are designed for the web. They are almost not able to differentiate from JPEG and PNG. So, sometimes you may not realize that is what you were looking at. Do you want to save a WebP image on your PC? If you want to do that, you are able to do that same as when you want to save any other image on the internet. Here are the steps that you can follow.
- You are able to right click on the image and then click on Save Image As.
- After that, you have to select a destination on your PC where you want to save the image. And then, you have to make sure that you click on Save.
- If you have Firefox, Edge, Chrome or Opera, you can do it by double clicking the image and then it will open in your default browser for you to view.
Do you want to edit WebP files? You are able to do that by using graphics software such as ImageMagick, GIMP, or Microsoft Paint. It is natively open WebP files by default. When you are on Windows, you are able to right click the image and then you have to point to Open With. After that, you have to select the program that you want to edit with. Some programs such as Photoshop, IrfanView, and Windows Photo Viewer require plugins to be able to open WebP images.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…